Subject: [aqm] working group status

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 08:09:05 -0500

Hi, to get 2015 started, Richard and I as chairs put together a set of
milestone status notes for the AQM working group items.

Please note, that there are a few relatively short drafts that should
not require much work, but which haven't been very actively discussed
on the list.  Comments on these will be extremely useful in accelerating
them forward.

- WG Milestones:
  - Submit AQM recommendations to IESG for publication, obsoleting
    RFC 2309
    - http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation/
    - This has been in IETF Last Call and some notes are being
      discussed from the last call comments

  - Submit AQM algorithm evaluation guidelines to IESG for publication
    as Informational
    - http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines/
    - The editors are updating this based on comments from the last
      (Honolulu) meeting, and after that it may be ready to last call

  - Submit first algorithm specification to IESG for publication as
    Proposed Standard
    - http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-codel/
    - http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-pie/
    - These algorithm drafts have been around for some time now, and
      it would be good to get some comments on the present revisions
      posted to the list (following up the Honolulu meeting threads).
      There are some known updates planned for the CoDel draft.

  - Some drafts that we don't have milestones for (but should add):

    - Algorithm "companion" documents:
      - http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel/
        - adopted after the Honolulu meeting, and now the working
          group draft is available for review

      - http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-white-aqm-docsis-pie/
        - This could be put forward for Informational along with the PIE
          algorithm spec.  If the working group commits to it, it could
          come from the AQM WG, or it could be an ISE track document
          otherwise.  ***We'd like to hear from the AQM working group on
          whether to adopt it for Informational.***

      - http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits/
        - Aiming for a Last Call around Dallas meeting timeframe
        - This is a short draft; other than section 2 not being complete
          yet, it should be very easy to get finished soon.  Further
          input and reviews would be really helpful on this.

      - http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-fq-implementation/
        - This draft is short and was well-received initially as a
          clarification to how AQM relates to FQ techniques.  Some
          references are to older drafts, but otherwise it seems like
          it may be complete enough to last call.  ***Further input and
          reviews would be really helpful on this.***

- Other items:

  - Other Algorithm Drafts:
    - (Expired) https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lauten-aqm-gsp/

-- 
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems