Subject: [aqm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-aqm-codel-05.txt

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 17:12:35 -0700

Hi all,

We've submitted an updated version of the draft. I believe this addresses
all outstanding comments on the draft.

Specifically, it addresses all the nits Wes pointed out. It also addresses
the two concerns raised on the list earlier:
1. Inconsistency between text and algorithm on 1.1 x interval. We've
changed the text to be consistent with the pseudo-code, which is 1.0 x
interval.
2. We've added some text around the frequency and importance of re-entering
dropping state. Specifically, the last two sentences in the following para
of Sec 4.1:
  "Additional logic prevents re-entering the dropping state too soon
   after exiting it and resumes the dropping state at a recent control
   level, if one exists.  This logic is described more precisely in the
   pseudo-code below.  Additional work is required to determine the
   frequency and importance of re-entering the dropping state."

Thanks,
- jana

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 4:59 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-aqm-codel-05.txt
To: Kathleen Nichols <[email-masked]>, Janardhan Iyengar <
[email-masked]>, Andrew McGregor <[email-masked]>, Van Jacobson <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-aqm-codel-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Janardhan Iyengar and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-aqm-codel
Revision:       05
Title:          Controlled Delay Active Queue Management
Document date:  2016-10-31
Group:          aqm
Pages:          28
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aqm-codel-05
.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-codel/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-aqm-codel-05
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-aqm-codel-05

Abstract:
   This document describes a general framework called CoDel (Controlled
   Delay) that controls bufferbloat-generated excess delay in modern
   networking environments.  CoDel consists of an estimator, a setpoint,
   and a control loop.  It requires no configuration in normal Internet
   deployments.  CoDel comprises some major technical innovations and
   has been made available as open source so that the framework can be
   applied by the community to a range of problems.  It has been
   implemented in Linux (and available in the Linux distribution) and
   deployed in some networks at the consumer edge.  In addition, the
   framework has been successfully applied in other ways.

   Note: Code Components extracted from this document must include the
   license as included with the code in Section 5.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat