Subject: [armd] New Version Notification for draft-malc-armd-moose-00 (fwd)

From: Malcolm Scott <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:45:07 +0100 (BST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:42:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-malc-armd-moose-00

A new version of I-D, draft-malc-armd-moose-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Malcolm Scott and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-malc-armd-moose
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Addressing the Scalability of Ethernet with MOOSE
Creation_date:	 2010-10-18
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 23

Abstract:
Ethernet does not scale well to large networks.  The flat MAC address
space, whilst having obvious benefits for the user and administrator,
is the primary cause of this poor scalability; other recent efforts
to improve upon Ethernet's scalability have addressed symptoms,
rather than this underlying cause.  MOOSE, Multi-level Origin-
Organised Scalable Ethernet, is an Ethernet switch architecture that
performs in-place rewriting of MAC addresses in order to impose a
hierarchy upon the address space without reconfiguration or
modification of connected devices.  This removes the need for
switches to maintain large forwarding databases, is of direct use in
implementing improved routing, and allows for a variety of other
scalability and security innovations.  MOOSE also includes a
globally-scalable, distributed and resilient protocol for the
automatic assignment of addresses to switches, and for detecting and
cheaply resolving addressing conflicts.

The IETF Secretariat.