Subject: [armd] [[email-masked]: New Version Notification for draft-karir-armd-statistics-01.txt]

From: Jim Rees <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 16:25:17 -0400

I've just uploaded a new version of draft-karir-armd-statistics-01.txt.
Comments welcome.  The url is:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-karir-armd-statistics-01.txt

Apparently I should have submitted this as a WG draft rather than
individual.  Is there any way to change that now or should I submit it as a
new draft?

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 13:20:23 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-karir-armd-statistics-01.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-karir-armd-statistics-01.txt has been successfully submitted by Jim Rees and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-karir-armd-statistics
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Address Resolution Statistics
Creation date:	 2011-07-10
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 13

Abstract:
   As large scale data centers continue to grow with an ever-increasing
   number of virtual and physical servers there is a need to re-
   evaluate performance at the network edge.  Performance is often
   critical for large scale data center scale applications and it is
   important to minimize any unnecessary latency or load in order to
   streamline the operation of services at such large scales.  To
   extract maximum performance from these applications it is important
   to optimize and tune all the layers in the data center stack.  One
   critical area that requires particular attention is the link-layer
   address resolution protocol that maps an IP address with the
   specific hardware address at the edge of the network.

   The goal of this document is to characterize this problem space in
   detail in order to better understand the scale of the problem as
   well as to identify particular scenarios where address resolution
   might have greater adverse impact on performance.

The IETF Secretariat

----- End forwarded message -----

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 20:53:13 -0400

There really isn't anything to do but change the file name inside the
draft and then re-submit it as draft-ietf-armd-statistics-00.txt.
After its posted, if desired, one of the chairs or possibly you can
send a message to [email-masked] saying that
draft-karir-armd-statistics is replaced by
draft-ietf-armd-statistics-00. This later action just internally links
the drafts in the draft database should eventually have been done even
if you had submitted the -01 personal draft as a -00 WG draft.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street
 Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Jim Rees <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> armd mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/armd
>

---

From: Benson Schliesser <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 21:33:22 -0500

> http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-karir-armd-statistics-01.txt

Thanks for working on this, Jim and Manish.

I would like to reiterate the call for mailing-list discussion of this
draft.

> individual.  Is there any way to change that now or should I submit it as a

After you present this draft in Quebec, we can solicit WG consensus on
making this a WG document.

Cheers,
-Benson

> A new version of I-D, draft-karir-armd-statistics-01.txt has been successfully
> submitted by Jim Rees and posted to the IETF repository.
>