Subject: [armd] RFC 6820 on Address Resolution Problems in Large Data Center Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 20:14:41 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6820

        Title:      Address Resolution Problems in Large 
                    Data Center Networks 
        Author:     T. Narten, M. Karir,
                    I. Foo
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 42650
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-armd-problem-statement-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6820.txt

This document examines address resolution issues related to the
scaling of data centers with a very large number of hosts.  The scope
of this document is relatively narrow, focusing on address resolution
(the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) in IPv4 and Neighbor Discovery
(ND) in IPv6) within a data center.  This document is a product of the 
Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).

This document is a product of the Address Resolution for Massive numbers of hosts in the Data center Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC