Subject: [art] reverse lookup of named instances

From: Melvin Carvalho <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 19:02:07 +0100

I've been looking lately at the excellent RFC 6920, Naming things with
hashes.

It allows you to systematically translate a hash into a URI, and as another
excellent feature, provides a standard for doing a "forward" lookup.

In particular, if you lookup, say

https://some-domain/.well-known/ni/sha-1/<hash>

It will return some information about that hash, which is really useful.
It could have a name, a description, the algorithm details, and hashtage
etc.

This leads to a question / problem.  Let's say I have a tag, and I want to
find a list of hashes that contain that tag.

Does anyone know of a systematic way to solve this problem?

I was thinking something like

https://some-domain/.well-known/lookup/<term>

Which would return a list of hashes.

Is this a solved problem, or does something need to be invented?

Thanks in advance