Subject: [art] resolving time frames

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 12:34:16 -0700

Hi, all,

I've participated in discussions on issues with differences in time
frames twice in the past year on the main IETF list and on HTTPBIS WG:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/To8dZTn9uBJLnzqIvEDPpNnA1rc
<https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/To8dZTn9uBJLnzqIvEDPpNnA1rc>

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2017JanMar/0406.html
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2017JanMar/0406.html>

This suggested the need for documenting the issue for clarification, so
that we can avoid such protracted debates in the future. As a result, I
wrote document indicated below for discussion here.

Feedback welcome.

Joe

----------

A new version of I-D, draft-touch-time-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Joe Touch and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-touch-time
Revision:	01
Title:		Resolving Multiple Time Scales in the Internet
Document date:	2017-03-27
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		17
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-touch-time-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-touch-time/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-touch-time-01
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-touch-time-01
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-touch-time-01

Abstract:
   Internet systems use a variety of time scales, which can complicate
   time comparisons and calculations. This document explains these
   various ways of indicating time and explains how they can be used
   together safely. This document is intended as a companion to
   Internet time as discussed in RFC 3339.