Subject: [Asrg] Need to know

From: Scott Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 12:58:52 -0700

Something Jon Kyme said brought a question to my mind; "How much 
would spam be reduced by limiting the number of recipients to one?"
also a related question "What are the effects of limiting the number 
of recipients to one for non spam email?"
I don't think anyone really knows, 
though doubtless many here could posit very good theories.

This begs the question, 
"What would we need to know, in order to answer those questions?"

Scott Nelson <[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 00:24:12 -0400

>"What would we need to know, in order to answer those questions?"

Why would limiting number of recipients make a difference? With today's 
computers and Internet connections cheap, additional SMTP sessions will be 
initiated just increasing Internet traffic.

Yakov

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yakov Shafranovich / <[email-masked]>
SolidMatrix Research, a division of SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"One who watches the wind will never sow, and one who keeps his eyes on
the clouds will never reap" (Ecclesiastes 11:4)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------