Subject: Re: [Asrg] Domain-Authorized SMTP Mail

From: "Jon Kyme" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 07:45:03 +0100

> 
> I posted the "Domain Authorized SMTP Mail" proposal to this mailing list
> some time ago, and I've since created a separate web site for it. Here's
> the link:
> 

I'm not sure how this works:
<quote>
SMTP servers MUST remove any Authorized-By SMTP headers of
incoming mail. They SHOULD be configurable to preserve Authorized-By
headers on incoming mail from a set of trusted servers.
</quote>

The first sentence seems to preclude the second.

--
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: David Green <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 May 2003 11:17:28 -0400

Good point. I reworded it to make it more clear. I've actually received
some suggestions to avoid stripping of headers altogether, since SMTP
servers don't generally do this.

3. MT DNS queries and Authorized-By SMTP headers
                                                                                
   SMTP servers MUST remove any Authorized-By SMTP headers of incoming
   mail from untrusted servers. They SHOULD be configurable to preserve
   Authorized-By headers on incoming mail from a set of trusted servers.

Cheers,

David Green

-- 
David Green <[email-masked]>