Subject: Re: [Asrg] Darwin's War

From: Kee Hinckley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 21:01:02 -0400

At 12:25 PM -0600 4/30/03, Vernon Schryver wrote:
>Content tags are unworkable for the same reason that censorship doesn't
>work.  Those who cannot be trusted to not abuse your mailbox or
>cellphone will not only not tag their stuff correctly but will find
>ways use the wrong tags.  If as has been widely alleged Amazon has

Did I say you should pay attention to tags on email from people you 
don't trust?

-- 
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering
http://commons.somewhere.com/buzz/   Writings on Technology and Society

I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling to accept
responsibility for their own actions, or that they are so eager to regulate
everyone else's.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg