Subject: RE: [Asrg] C/R Interworking Framework

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 15:03:07 -0400

At 09:48 AM 5/28/2003 -0400, Eric Dean wrote:

> >
> > I meant mail headers as defined in RFCs 822 and 2822. A MIME header I
> > believe can be used anywhere inside the message body in any part of the
> > message if the message if multi-formed. RFC 822 headers are only used on
> > the entire message body.
>
>Hmm..yes, that would seem more appropriate.
>
> >
> > Perhaps we should leave enough room or provide some form of an extension
> > mechanism where in implementations can provide their own ways for
> > validating the responses while leaving the basic CRI protocol
> > intact. This
> > would allow all C/R systems to interoperate and leave room for people to
> > piggy-back various systems on top of the basic CRI protocol.
>
>That's an excellent way to put it.  Whatever we do, we should not be in
>conflict with other methods.

Also, I think we mentioned the possibility of doing C/R on the SMTP server 
level but dropped it. We might want to consider it again in conjunction 
with the CRI proposal. Perhaps we should specify an SMTP extension that can 
do C/R over SMTP. This would save time in some instances (see RFC 1869 for 
ESTMP). This way people would have a choice of doing C/R either over email 
or over SMTP.

Yakov  

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg