Subject: [Asrg] News Article - ASRG Slashdotted

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 22:09:59 -0400

Here is a link to a SlashDot article on ASRG:

http://slashdot.org/articles/03/05/27/2122207.shtml

And link to the original InternetWeek article:

http://www.internetweek.com/security02/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=10100236

Quote: "One of the tools, Reverse MX, is expected to be in place in several 
months. "

BTW, what is the status of RMX?

--------snip---------
The Anti-Spam Research Group's Plan for Spam
Posted by michael on Tuesday May 27, @09:01PM
from the bit-bucket dept.

egoff writes "Speaking of standards, the ASRG, a member of the IETF, has a 
plan for "consent-based communications." Among the suggestions, according 
to Internet Week, are authentication services for falsified addresses, 
trusted senders, reputation systems (karma?), opt-out tools, best practices 
for challenge/response, and even a proposal for micropayments on unwanted 
mail. Instead of defining spam, the ASRG wants to provide administrators 
and users the tools necessary to avoid what they consider to be unwanted. 
One of the tools, Reverse MX, is expected to be in place in several months. 
It would allow the receiving mail server to query a domain to determine if 
the sending server is allowed to send on its behalf."
--------snip--------- 

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg