Subject: [Asrg] Standard headers for anti-spam systems

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 22:37:24 -0400

I believe this was mentioned before 
(https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg00137.html):

 >From: Clifton Royston <[email-masked]>
 >Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:32:46 -0500
 >
 >"Would anyone consider it worthwhile for this group to put some focus
 >on making existing email content analysis/filter tools (in particular
 >anti-spam software) more interoperable?"

One of the replies 
(https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg00149.html) 
suggested the following:

 >From: "Bob Wyman" <[email-masked]>
 >Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:32:46 -0500
 >
 >The charter calls for both a taxonomy of existing methods as
 >well as an evaluation of those methods. It would seem that both efforts
 >would be served by documentation of the various extended headers in use
 >today. Collecting information about the headers used today would also be
 >critical to any effort such as the one that you propose to make tools
 >that rely on header extensions more interoperable.
 >
 >Can you document one or more of the sets of extended headers
 >used today? If so, I'd love to see it.
 >bob wyman
 >

Is anyone in the process of collecting this information? Is it worthwhile?

Yakov

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yakov Shafranovich / <[email-masked]>
SolidMatrix Research, a division of SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"One who watches the wind will never sow, and one who keeps his eyes on
the clouds will never reap" (Ecclesiastes 11:4)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg