Subject: RE: [Asrg] RMX evaluation (Monkeys vs. RMX)

From: Paul Judge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 00:33:53 -0400

> > Hadmut and/or Mike, please read the other links that Vernon 
> provided " 
> > http://www.google.com/search?q=match+sender+domain+hotmail
> 
> 
> Paul, you will not seriously ask me to comment a google search 
> reply. That's ridiculous. Please state exactly what you would 
> like to have comments on. Do you believe this is the way to 
> chair a working group? 

Yes, this is part of chairing a group. BTW, this is a research group not a
working group. Either way, someone has brought to your attention related and
previous work. Your duty as author of the RMX proposal is to provide a
comparison between your proposal and other available mechanisms to show the
benefit of the new system. So asking you to be familiar with these previous
systems and to provide that related work discussion is part of one of my
responsibilities of ensuring that the proposals are as complete as possible.
 
> So the differences between this and RMX are obvious. 
> The Monkeys approach is a hack tailored to hotmail, yahoo, 
> aol and alike, it's bad design, it gives wrong results, it 
> requires maintenance of a blacklist, where people listed on 
> that list don't have any chance to get off that list, and 
> which can easily be circumvented by choosing a random domain 
> for spamming.

Thank you. This was useful for the many people that are not familiar with
the system.u

> Please, don't ask me again to provide a comparison of apples 
> and oranges.

These are not apples and oranges. These are two schemes that (use different
mecahnisms to) provide somewhat similar information about a message. If you
are going to propose a system, you must be prepared to compare it to
previous and related work. So, what I asked you to do was just a bit of the
normal process of proposing a system.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Scott Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 23:28:20 -0700

>responsibilities of ensuring that the proposals are as complete as possible.

For the record, I object to a directed request that a contributor 
read and comment on an excess of 6,000 web pages.

Scott Nelson <[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg