Subject: RE: [Asrg] 0. - General - Announcing Yakov Shafranovich as co-chair of ASRG

From: "Eric Dean" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:52:06 -0400

Excellent...seems as if all the hype surrounding ASRG has since quelled
and now we are growing up and focusing on producing contributions as any
other TF.

Congrats Yakov...this is good for all of us.  Hopefully we can all focus
more on research and place the chatroom days behind us.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:49:44 -0400

To ASRG members,

I am extremely honored by the invitation to become the co-chair of the 
group. I am hoping that my involvement in the group in my new role will 
advance the work of the ASRG. I am founder of a company that writes and 
sells Internet-based business management software for vertical industries. 
Our software includes email components and anti-spam tools as well, which 
is what originally brought me to the ASRG. I am a software architect and 
concentrate more on the overall design of software systems rather then the 
nitty-gritty details. Thus, my interests tend to lie in more high-level 
"bird-eye" type of things such as the consent framework rather than very 
low-level technical details. Therefore, I will be more of a coordinator and 
a host - providing a friendly environment to foster anti-spam research, 
coordinating things and making sure that coffee is always hot :) Paul and I 
will try to keep the group focused on its goals so we do not "miss the 
forest for the trees".

The ASRG has seen a lot of activity in the last five months and a solid 
foundation has been laid. Paul and I have a number of things planned to 
have the group move aggressively toward achieving the goals that have been 
set forth for the RG. We would like to applaud all group members who have 
contributed to the work of the group and continue to do so. Please let us 
know if you have any suggestions on any aspect of the group, if you would 
like to volunteer or any other comments that you have.

Sincerely,
Yakov Shafranovich
Co-chair, ASRG

At 04:50 PM 8/22/2003, Paul Judge wrote:
>I am pleased to announce to the list that Yakov Shafranovich has agreed to
>serve as co-chair of the ASRG. Yakov's commitment to helping ASRG advance
>toward its goals has been evident over the last couple of months. With this
>appointment, we look forward to Yakov's continued and increased
>contributions toward advancing the work of the ASRG.
>
>As you may know, it is quite common for RGs to have multiple chairs. Seven
>of the other 12 RGs have more than one chair. This change is another
>important step toward having the ASRG be as effective as possible.
>
>RFC 2014 defines guidelines and procedures for IRTF research groups. It
>describes certain tasks of a group chair and we've defined others based on
>the needs of the ASRG. I'll briefly state how we plan to share the different
>tasks:
>
>+ Paul will focus on group process and content management; meetings; and
>public relations.
>+ Yakov will focus on mailing list moderation; document publication; and
>serving as liaison with other groups as necessary.
>+ We will share the tasks of distributing the work and document development.
>
>
>To be clear, we will work closely across all of these tasks and share the
>load as appropriate. This is just to inform the group of each of our primary
>focus and is not meant to imply that our efforts will be disjoint.
>
>Paul
>