Subject: RE: [Asrg] 0. - General - Consent and SoBig

From: "Eric Dean" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:09:43 -0400

No need to contend.  We run a challenge response system.  Sobig did not
impact our customers.  All Sobig messages were not whitelisted and
therefore held in queue..whereby users dropped them before they had a
chance to reach the desktop.

> I still contend that most users would have a VERY small number of
senders
> authorized to send the executable attachments, and thus would be
spared
> the
> angst of most of these worms and viruses.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "Sauer, Damon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:04:54 -0500

> Having a Dallas Cowboys faceplate on my phone doesn't make it work any
better or worse.
 
 This I can't believe- I am sure that the call would be dropped on reception
and picked up by the closed competitors cell phone.

 Work good it may. Look good it must.

 Also, rDNS would have resolved most of this.

Damon

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."