Subject: [Asrg] South Korean anti-spam laws

From: "Ken Hirsch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 15:00:31 -0400

http://www.washingtontimes.com/business/20030901-102352-8411r.htm
No slap on the wrist for spam in South Korea
By Tim Lemke
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

South Korean Internet users are getting spammed much less after their
government enacted laws that slap huge fines on companies that send
unsolicited e-mail.

The average Internet user in South Korea received 20 percent fewer e-mails
in July, down from an all-time high of 43.4 per day in March, according to
the Korean Information Security Agency, which attributed the decline to the
new laws.

Full text:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/business/20030901-102352-8411r.htm

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 15:10:54 -0400

Just a friendly reminder to follow the posting guidelines at 
(http://www.irtf.org/asrg/asrg_mailing_list_information.htm). Subject has 
been changed.