Subject: [Asrg] 4. Survey of solutions. PGP Universal

From: "John Fenley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:23:05 -0600

There is an interesting system for securing email at 
http://www.pgp.com/universal/
an overview is here 
http://www.pgp.com/products/datasheets/PGP_Universal_DS_FL_030912.pdf

It seems that they have a server that is intended to sit between a company 
and the internet, seamlessly encrypting all email communications in and out. 
It reminds me vaguely of mark McCarron's plan.

The impression I got is that the system can be set to reject all 
non-encrypted email.
This may give temporary spam relief to users, and could isolate the user 
from legitimate mail.

John Fenley

_________________________________________________________________
Fast, faster, fastest: Upgrade to Cable or DSL today!   
https://broadband.msn.com

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg