Subject: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - "No Soliciting" SMTP Extension

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 22:11:24 -0400

From the following Internet draft 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malamud-no-soliciting-00.txt) 
defining two SMTP extensions:

3.1 SYSTEM-WIDE-NO-SOLICITING
    The SYSTEM-WIDE-NO-SOLICITING extension is a simple Boolean flag,
    indicating that no soliciting is in effect for all messages delivered
    to this system.  It is equivalent to the sign on the door of an
    office building announcing a company-wide policy.

3.2 PER-MESSAGE-NO-SOLICITING
    The PER-MESSAGE-NO-SOLICITING extension specifies that each MAIL FROM
    command must identify if this message is a solicitation.

And a header:

3.3 Solicitation Mail Header
    As specified in RFC 2822,[23] a new header field "Solicitation" is
    defined, which has only one value "TRUE":
           To: Coupon Clipper <[email-masked]>
           From: Spam King <[email-masked]>
           Solicitation: TRUE

The purpose being:

4. Hooks for ISPs and Other Policy Makers
    This proposal is not meant to "solve" the spam problem, but offers
    some tools that can be used by policy makers, be they governments
    defining laws or Internet Service Providers defining appropriate use
    policies.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg