Subject: [Asrg] 0. General - EU Workshop on Spam

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:58:20 -0400

The EU will be holding a one-day workshop on spam in Brussels, Belgium 
on October 16th, 2003. For more information see:

http://europa.eu.int/information_society/topics/telecoms/news/index_en.htm

---snip----
A one day workshop on unsolicited commercial communications or spam will 
take place in Brussels on 16 October 2003.

Building on the ‘opt-in’ regime to be introduced in all Member States by 
the end of October, the workshop will aim at discussing additional 
measures needed to address the various legal, technical and educational 
facets of spam e.g.: effective enforcement by public authorities, 
co-operation within industry (filtering, codes of conduct), consumer 
awareness, international co-operation.

The workshop will be introduced by Commissioner Liikanen. The results 
will be used in the context of a Commission Communication expected later 
this year on the subject.

The workshop is primarily addressed at Member States, industry and 
consumer associations, but is open to all interested parties. Attendance 
is free of charge but prior registration is required.
----snip---

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg