Subject: [Asrg] 7. BCP - Auto-responders

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 13:55:35 -0400

Recently I received an empty message coming from an auto-responder that 
responded to a copy of SoBig.F being sent with the forged return address 
set to mine. The mailing list has also been getting hit (on the 
administrative side) by auto-responders from various virus-scanning 
programs and spam filters. This brings to mind the issue of how 
auto-responders and anti-spam/anti-virus tools should interact with each 
other, and also the issue of BCPs for auto-responders (for example in this 
particular case, the author of the auto-responder should have included some 
information about the auto-responder in the body of the message).

Yakov

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "Ken Hirsch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:19:14 -0400

From: "Yakov Shafranovich" <[email-masked]>
> This brings to mind the issue of how

Keith Moore is working on an Internet Draft on auto-responders.  See
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moore-auto-email-response-03.txt

It's being discussed on the IETF-822 mailing list:
http://www.imc.org/ietf-822/index.html