Subject: [Asrg] 7. Best Practices - Service Providers & MTA Authors (was: Fwd: Verisign's New Change and Outdate RBL's)

From: Brad Knowles <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:43:03 +0200

Folks,

	Just saw this on NANOG as well.  Looks like outdated anti-spam 
configurations will now be turned into "reject everything" servers, 
courtesy of Verisign/NetSOL.

>Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 00:39:14 -0400
>From: Patrick Muldoon <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Verisign's New Change and Outdate RBL's
>
>
>Was playing with a test box here at home. Installed SpamAssassian 
>from a newely cvsup'd ports tree on a FreeBSD box, and was surprised 
>to see messages getting marked as received in blacklists that no 
>longer exist.  Most noteably ORBS.  Since this was a fresh Install I 
>hadn't gone through and removed the dead RBL's from 20_head_tests.cf 
>yet.  Since dorkslayers doesn't exist. any queries for it are 
>returning that infamous sitefinder address.
>
>[doon@fawkes doon]$ host  34.131.246.64.orbs.dorkslayers.com
>34.131.246.64.orbs.dorkslayers.com has address 64.94.110.11
>
>So anybody that hasn't update their SpamAssassian config, now has 
>the added benefit of all ip's being tagged as an open relay.
>
>Just an FYI
>-Patrick
-- 
Brad Knowles, <[email-masked]>

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
     -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania.

GCS/IT d+(-) s:+(++)>: a C++(+++)$ UMBSHI++++$ P+>++ L+ !E-(---) W+++(--) N+
!w--- O- M++ V PS++(+++) PE- Y+(++) PGP>+++ t+(+++) 5++(+++) X++(+++) R+(+++)
tv+(+++) b+(++++) DI+(++++) D+(++) G+(++++) e++>++++ h--- r---(+++)* z(+++)

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg