Subject: [Asrg] 6. Proposals: First draft of the ASRG-RMX Discussion paper

From: "Alan DeKok" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:03:06 -0500

I've posted the first draft of the ASRG-RMX discussion paper on the
combined proposal to the ASRG-RMX list.  It's available on gmane, at:

	http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.asrg.rmx/260

  I do not currently have sufficient time to discuss or defend the
document.  If there are errors of fact, please email me with
references, and suggested replacement text.

  Any flames will be archived for later amusement.

  Alan DeKok.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:25:20 -0500

>   Any flames will be archived for later amusement.

The following URL is relevant to this:

http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rmx_records/

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:43:03 -0500

>   Any flames will be archived for later amusement.

This document is available for download at the ASRG's wotksite at the 
following URL:

http://asrg.kavi.com/apps/group_public/download.php/15/draft-irtf-asrg-lmap-discussion-00.txt

---

From: Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:06:14 +0100

> references, and suggested replacement text.

3.4 Message relaying and forwarding are affected by LMAP

...

    If the recipient C did desire the B->C forwarding, three workarounds
    are possible.
...
         2) the user B could alter the .forward such that forwarded
         messages are reinjected with B's address in the return-path.
         For example, a .forward that was previously "[email-masked]"
         might now read "|/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi [email-masked]"

Someone I talked to, remarked that this may create unmanageable bounces,
if [email-masked] address had an error (quota exceeded, unknown user...).

A fourth possibility could be :

	4) "forwarding" on B should bounce the message to A, indicating
	redirection address. So, it's up to A to send the message again
	to [email-masked]

>   Any flames will be archived for later amusement.

8-)

Jose-Marcio

-- 
  ---------------------------------------------------------------
  Jose Marcio MARTINS DA CRUZ           Tel. :(33) 01.40.51.93.41
  Ecole des Mines de Paris              http://j-chkmail.ensmp.fr
  60, bd Saint Michel                http://www.ensmp.fr/~martins
  75272 - PARIS CEDEX 06      mailto:[email-masked]