Subject: [Asrg] 3c. Message Verification - Description of New Subgroup

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 02:13:53 -0500

This information can also be found at:
http://asrg.sp.am/subgroups/msg_verify.shtml

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description:
This subgroup will research solutions for verifying and authenticating 
email messages and header information

Goals:
1. Research different approaches to doing message verification (Project 
Lumos, TEOS, DK, PKI, etc.).
2. Research into how to make sure that a message verification system 
does not divide the Internet into first and second class citizens (i.e. 
people who paid for certificates and people who did not).
3. Provide one or more draft charters for an IETF WG and associated 
documents.
4. Research pros and cons of message verification vs. SMTP session 
verification.

Status:
Currently in formation, will be starting in February of 2004.

Membership:
This subgroup has a closed membership policy, to join contact the ASRG 
chairs.

Participants:
o IETF and Internet experts knowledgeable in SMTP, DNS and other 
relevant protocols
o People knowledgeable in architechtural issues surrounding email and 
the Internet, and with experience in deploying, managing and changing 
large scale systems
o Security experts, especially knowledgable in securing large scale 
systems and PKI
o ISPs and MTA administrators
o Developers of MTAs and MUAs
o Developers of filters
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,
Yakov Shafranovich
Co-Chair, ASRG

-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send" (Jon 
Postel)
-------

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg