Subject: RE: [Asrg] Its all over for Challenge Response

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 06:50:08 -0800

> Certainly it's hard to build a fool-proof model when people 
> are willing
> to commit felonies.  In that case, sure, this is easy to do.  
> But if you
> are a typical spammer, and base your model on hacking machines..you
> might want to re-think.

A typical spammer is willing to commit felonies. That was not the case 
two years ago, but it is now. Basically the bad have been displaced
by the worse.

It is not necessarily the spammer that commits the crime, there
are hackers who wholesale supplies to the spammers. It is interesting
to read some of the case proceedings, FedEx enveolpes stuffed with 
$10,000 in cash keep appearing.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg