Subject: Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - DNS + PKI - Yahoo's "Domain Keys"

From: david nicol <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Jan 2004 00:21:59 -0600

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 21:47, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
> Mark Baugher wrote:
> [..]
> > It is also not clear how this plays with the Microsoft/AOL signing 
> > proposal that was also in the news.
> > 
> [..]
> 
> Yahoo is part of the MSFT/AOL consortium, and it looks like it is the 
> exact same proposal. The question is why Yahoo is marketing it all by 
> itself...
> 
> Yakov

Because they can.

Currently all yahoo web-mail originates from MTAs named *.mail.yahoo.com
(which is most excellent) but a signature in the headers to declare that
the mail really is coming from someone who is using the yahoo web mail
interface would be entirely welcome.

Have they started including them yet? I just sent myself a message from
yahoo web-mail and it had nothing in the headers that looked like a
signed hash.  Did they run out of processor power (SHA1-ing all that
traffic is going to take a little bit of CPU) or what?

-- 
david nicol
                                    "Take your time." -- Allan Quaterman

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg