Subject: [Asrg] 0. General - New Subgroups being formed

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 13:22:31 -0500

We are beginning to form new subgroups in line with the new charter and 
research agenda. Subgroup information can be found at 
(http://asrg.sp.am/about/subgroups.shtml) as follows:

Active Subgroups
o Analysis & Characterization (A&C) - applies empirical and quantitative 
methods to problems and issues surrounding spam.
o Envelope Verification (ENV-VERIFY) - researches solutions dealing with 
authetication and verification of the SMTP envelope

Subgroups in Formation
o Abuse Reporting Standards - researches standard formats and protocols 
for reporting email and network abuse
o Best Current Practices (BCP) - researches best practices for email 
administrators, end-users and software developers
o Filtering Standards (FILTERING) - researches filtering standards for 
dynamic updating and interaction with MTAs
o Inventory of Problems - research problems with the current email 
architechture
o Message Verification (MSG-VERIFY) - researches solutions dealing with 
verification and authetication in the email messages and headers

Sincerely,
Yakov Shafranovich
Co-Chair, ASRG
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"I want to know G-d's thoughts... the rest are details" (Albert Einstein)
-------

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:33:52 -0500

Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
....
> Active Subgroups
....
> authetication and verification of the SMTP envelope

Two corrections - first, this subgroup is being formed  (LMAP and CRI
are folding into it), and second its called "SMTP Session Verification
(SMTP-VERIFY)". The website has been updated:

http://asrg.sp.am/about/subgroups.shtml

Yakov

-------