Subject: [Asrg] [ASRG]3 proposal - "Those Who Profit" Legal approach

From: "Chris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:42:25 +0930

Another thought also. while I am in the typing mood.

(I hope I am not recycling here)

Any legal approach should have a "Those who profit from Spam" clause

In other words let the law go after the profiteers not just the senders

These are easy to trace as their details are invariably in the emails

After all they are the ones who pay for the spam to be sent. without them it
would not be sent period!

In the case of 'affiliates' it would be required by the law for the "profit
taker" to turn over the affilliates details so the affilliate can be
prosecuted (if possible).

Should a company fail to reign in affilliates, they may then become liable
themselves.

Again the affiliates details are contained in each email. and thus easily
traceable.

Regards
Chris

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg