Subject: Re: [Asrg] draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-00

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 11:09:09 -0500

> I blame the credit agency if it _lies_.

> I blame ISPs who lie, too (such as claiming that the string ".cjb.net"
is such a strong sign of spam that no message containing it can be
delivered; you've lost two customers that I can name (and probably
many more) over that sort of policy).

Here is just one more advantage of my own proposal... no ISP will lose customers 
(recipients, anyhow) due to their unhappiness about settings if the RECIPIENT 
CONTROLS THOSE SETTINGS!  The OWNER OF THE INBOX is the person who controls 
policy regarding what mail is allowed into it, based on the content and size of 
the E-mail, and who sent it.  

It's like the (costumed/themed) waiters here at the Magic Time Machine 
(restaurant) who come around and ask you how you like your salad;  then they 
jokingly comment that you SHOULD like the way it was made, since you made it 
yourself (from their salad bar!).  The choices were YOURS so of course they 
should reflect your personal tastes.

Gordon Peterson                  http://personal.terabites.com/
1977-2002  Twenty-fifth anniversary year of Local Area Networking!
Support free and fair US elections!  http://stickers.defend-democracy.org
12/19/98: Partisan Republicans scornfully ignore the voters they "represent".
12/09/00: the date the Republican Party took down democracy in America.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg