Subject: Re: [Asrg] SMTP AUTH

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Dec 2004 06:55:18 -0000

>And this whole thing is TYPICAL of those who try to DENY that there
>is a problem with this whole stupid SPF nonsense...

Actually, I think that SPF sucks rocks for a variety of reasons.  I just
don't put the kiosk problem near the top of the list.

For a good time, check the SPF info for fairly.slow.sp.am and tell me
what the valid sending hosts are.  Bring along something to read while
you do.

>For starters, go to your nearest public library and tell me that they
>don't have normal PCs there for their public Internet access.

They do, but they don't offer MUAs.  If you want mail, you have to use
web mail.  The applications are limited to a web browser, some office
applications like a word processor, and a bunch of kids' educational
games.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY
http://www.taugh.com
-- 
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 330 5711
[email-masked], Mayor, http://johnlevine.com, 
Member, Provisional board, Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial E-mail

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg