Subject: [Asrg] US leads world in SPAM production?

From: "Hannigan, Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:39:18 -0500

I found this interesting:

http://www.news10.net/storyfull1.asp?id=8871

Except that this is where the botnets come into play. Maybe we do
lead the world as the source of origination and termination, but not 
as the actual spammers. Most botnets are controlled outside the 
country and the payments to the botnet owners are occuring outside the 
country. 

Botnets basically "akamaize" the spam since they are close to the
destinations.

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan                         (c) 617-388-2663
VeriSign, Inc.                          (w) 703-948-7018
Network Engineer IV                       Operations & Infrastructure
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg