Subject: [Asrg] drone armies/botnets research and mitigation mailing list

From: Gadi Evron <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 03:08:23 +0200

Hi. It was suggested to me that I email this here due to the recent 
discussions on this subject. Please forgive if you find this message 
offensive.

We are in the process of forming a new drone armies/botnets research and
mitigation mailing list.

Unlike other resources (which we don't come to compete with), this list
will bring together anti virus researchers/reverse engineers, network
admins and others who may be able to contribute.

AV researchers and reverse engineers see the samples first, and can
alert the rest of us. They can analyze samples and find relevant
information.

Network admins can help with mitigation and hunting.

Some trusted and vetted in real life IRC operators are also welcome.

Anyone interested in joining the list, please send me a note.

People who help with vetting and therefore might see your details, if 
necessary, are are Paul Vixie, Hank Nussbacher and Stephen Gill.

	Gadi.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg