Subject: Re: [Asrg] Body signature subgroup and the forwarding project

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Aug 2005 16:10:00 -0000

>Hey, if you'd like me to set up a mailman 2.1.5 mailing list (working 
>with exim) with one subscriber of your choice for your testing, let me know.

I'd rather you just set up a couple of exim forwards.  Even though the
IIM guys think that it's important that signatures survive mailing
list forwards, I don't.

R's,
John

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "william(at)elan.net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 21:39:18 -0700 (PDT)

> IIM guys think that it's important that signatures survive mailing

So why are you bothering to create a subgroup if its only your opinion
that counts?

And yes mail lists are important and signature should survive from the
sender to recipient through all intermediaries be it simple forwarder
or more complex one like mail list. I don't necessarily feel the same
for gateways though (too many unknowns in those cases, but testing
common gateways with standardized behavior is still good idea).

-- 
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
[email-masked]