Subject: Re: [Asrg] Standards action recommended for draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Jun 2008 17:57:13 -0000

Here's a representative sample of DNSBL publishers, software that publishes
DNSxLs and software that uses DNSxLs.

R's,
John

--- Places publishing IPv4 DNSBLS:

Spamhaus: web site at http://www.spamhaus.org.

  DNSBLs at zen.spamhaus.org, sbl.spamhaus.org, xbl.spamhaus.org, and
  pbl.spamhaus.org.  (Note subzones with separate names.)

CBL Composite Block List: web site at http://cbl.abuseat.org

  DNSBL at cbl.abuseat.org.  (Note web site at root of DNSBL zone.)

NJABL: web site at http://www.njabl.org/

  DNSBLs at dnsbl.njabl.org.  (Note multiple return values described
  at http://www.njabl.org/use.html.

--- Places publishing IPv4 DNSWLs:

Return Path SSC: web site at http://www.senderscorecertified.org/

  DNSWL at query.bondedsender.org

Habeas HUL: see http://www.habeas.com/en-US/Support/Knowledge-Base/SafeList/How-can-a-receiver-obtain-access-to-the-Habeas-SafeList/

  DNSWL at hul.habeas.com

--- Places publishing domain name DNSBLs:

SURBL: Web site at http://www.surbl.org/

  DNSBLs at sc.surbl.org, ws.surbl.org, ob.surbl.org, etc. Combined
  list at multi.surbl.org

URIBL: Web site at http://www.uribl.com/

  DNSBL at multi.uribl.com

--- Software that publishes DNSBLs and DNSWLs:

rbldns: See http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/rbldns.html (IPv4 only)

rbldnsd: See http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/rbldnsd.html (IPv4 and domain name)

--- Software that queries DNSBLs and DNSWLs:

Sendmail: see http://www.sendmail.org/documentation/configurationReadme
  and search for dnsbl

qmail: front end package rblsmtpd, see http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp/rblsmtpd.html
  as distributed checks dnsbls, widely available patches also check dnswls

Postfix: see http://www.posluns.com/guides/rbl.html and
  http://www.posluns.com/guides/rhsbl.html

Spamassassin: see http://spamassassin.apache.org/
  Standard config checks multiple DNSBLs and DNSWLs

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg