Subject: Re: [Asrg] Standards action recommended for draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Jun 2008 16:54:20 -0000

>Thanks for this input.  I've offered to sponsor this draft and I am  
>specifically looking for input like this.  Can you expand on why you  
>think it's better for the Internet for this to be on Standards Track,  
>as opposed to Informational?   Are you aware of implementations or  
>deployment experience?

Hi. If it would help, I can provide quite a long list both of people
publishing DNSBLs the way this draft describes and of mail software
that uses them.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:10:33 -0700

> publishing DNSBLs the way this draft describes and of mail software

Given how difficult it is to get public agreement for standards in this space, 
may I suggest that an interesting number of those people should post a message 
(relayed via John, if they aren't subscribed) to state that they have read the 
document and it accurately captures their existing practice?

5 or 10 such people posting such a message should eliminate any concern about 
the document's being an accurate reflection of existing practice, as well as 
whether the draft has significant direct industry support.

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg