Subject: [atoca] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-atoca-meta-01.txt

From: Matt Lepinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 18:35:40 -0400

This is a first cut at a document to describe a mechanism for a client 
to exchange alert-related metadata with a server in the network.

There may be a variety of scenarios in which a two-way (client to server 
and server to client) exchange of metadata could be useful. For example, 
when a device joins a network this mechanism could be used to inform the 
device about the identities of local alert authorities (to aid in the 
validation of received alerts). Alternatively, in some deployment 
settings it may be useful for a device in the network to indicate to a 
server in the network that it wishes to receive alerts and/or to 
indicate a geolocation for which the device is interested in receiving 
alerts.

----------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-barnes-atoca-meta-01.txt has been successfully submitted by Matt Lepinski and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-barnes-atoca-meta
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Alert Metadata Protocol (AMP)
Creation date:	 2011-10-30
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 16

Abstract:
    Recipients of emergency alerts need to discover information about
    local alert distribution servers, and to register contact points
    where they can receive alerts.  This document defines a mechanism for
    IP networks to advertise a local alert server, and a protocol that
    devices on the network can use to retrieve local information and
    register information about themselves.

    Please send feedback to the [email-masked] mailing list.

The IETF Secretariat