Subject: Re: [atoca] Call for submissions: Secure Alert Format

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 13:54:20 -0700

With a little over a week to go, we have so far received the following input:

Remember, more time under the noses of your colleagues improves our
chances of meeting the next deadline.

On 17 August 2012 11:34, Martin Thomson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> The ATOCA WG needs you.
>
> It has been determined that providing a means of authenticating alerts
> is critical to the working group.
>
> Please submit internet drafts containing proposals that address this
> problem before September 12.
>
> Such a proposal must be able to carry CAP-formatted alerts in such a
> way that the source(s) of the alert can be authenticated by
> recipients.  Attributing trust to that source is not necessarily
> within scope, nor is it necessary to describe a protocol or delivery
> architecture.
>
> A submission made earlier than this date will give us more time to
> discuss it.  That is good if we are to meet our later milestones for
> adoption and publication.

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 17:53:21 -0400

Maybe you need a new mail client?  Mine shows several messages in this  thread.

On Sep 4, 2012, at 4:54 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> atoca mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/atoca

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 15:13:18 -0700

My apologies, I saw the discussion, but no references to active
internet drafts.  If you or Matt feel that draft-barnes-atoca-escape
is appropriate, then a -01 draft should easily rectify this
deficiency.

I had assumed that you would be doing this, but had perhaps considered
making a few changes prior to doing so.