Subject: atm1 mib changes

From: Kaj Tesink <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 18:51:53 -0400

hi all,

in the previous msg you have seen the revised atm1 mib.
the revision was based on the completed quality review by the ietf
and several additional suggestions on and off the list.
so thanks to many folks for that; special thanks to
gary hanson, harmen van der linde, keith mccloghrie,
mickey spiegel and mike grobelch. i think the spec became
much better thanks to all of you. hope i reflected all
comments correctly; pl keep me honest.

below is a summary of the changes. i also attach a
msword 6.0 marked up version (use revision feature).

ciao,

kaj

---------------------------------------------------------------------
changes to atm1ng.mib

- several textual and editorial enhancements as per mailing
  list and off-line discussions

- got rid of the concepts of groups in the text and
  replaced by references to specific tables
  to avoid confusion with the compliance groups

- clarifications on how cross-connect tables and
  associated objects are to be used and
  clarifying the difference between SVCs and PVCs

- changed the DEF for atmTrafficDescrType to atmNoClpNoScr

- some minor alignments with RFC1573-->RFC2233

- clarified xmit and rcv directions for the virtual interface

- brought comparison with ILMI up-to-date

- inserted atmTrafficFrameDiscard

- included aal2 in atmVccAalType

- updated references

- updated security considerations

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/                                                                      _/
_/  Kaj Tesink                                                          _/
_/  Bellcore                                                            _/
_/  Business Internet Professional Services  vmail (732) 758-5254       _/
_/  331 Newman Springs Rd.                   email [email-masked]  _/
_/  Red Bank, NJ 07701                     faxmail (732) 758-2269       _/
_/                                                                      _/
_/  * NOTE AREA CODE CHANGE (908) --> (732) EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 1997 *    _/
_/                                                                      _/
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/