Subject: row creation problems in RFC1695 atmTrafficDescrParamTable

From: Ron Sprenkels <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 12:07:04 +0100

Hello,

Currently i'm trying to create an entry in the atmTrafficDescrParamTable
on a UB GeoSwitch. This is giving me problems. I've outlined below in
detail what I've tried. My questions are:

1. How can I create an atmTrafficDescrParamTable entry of type
atmClpNoTaggingScr using createAndWait (so what constraints, if any,
apply to the parameter values)?

2. Should I get reponses after sending my SET pdus? (I believe I should,
not sure).

3. Is my unability to create a atmClpNoTaggingScr type traffic
descriptor 
   a bug in the agent implementation, or am I doing something wrong?

Any comments, experiences with creating trafficDescrParamTable entries
etc. would be greatly appreciated!

What I have tried so far is this: 

The only way this switch will create a row at all is by setting
atmTrafficDescrRowStatus to createandwait(5) like this (I use scotty for
testing): 

a]  % snmp0 set {{ atmTrafficDescrRowStatus.7 5}} 

After a few seconds I get a noResponse back, but the row is created
anyway (This I don't understand; shouldn't I get some response back?). I
get a default traffic descriptor of type ATM-MIB!atmNoClpScr, with
p1=333 and p2 to p5 0, and QoS class 3. 

After the row is created by a], I can modify e.g. Param1:

b] % snmp0 set {{atmTrafficDescrParam1.7 200}}
   noResponse

P1 is changed to 197 after this (not what I expected, but I could live
with the difference). Again a noresponse back (not what I expected).

I can change the Type of the trafficdescriptor, but only to
atmNoClpNoScr and atmNoClpScr. The switch also supports
atmClpNoTaggingScr, but I cannot set my newly created row to that. Iv'e
set param1 to 2604 and param2 to 1953, because a traffic descriptor of
type atmClpNoTaggingScr like that exists, but I still can not set this
type. This puzzles me, why is this the case?
    
I've tried the createandgo(4) way also, with no succes (no row created).

After all of this, I can set the row to active (again getting no
response back)

c] % snmp0 set {{atmTrafficDescrRowStatus.7 active}}
   noResponse

the row becomes active after this.

Ron.