Subject: <draft-ietf-atommib-atm2-12.txt> posting

From: Gary Hanson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 13:23:16 -0800 (PST)

Cynthia,

Mickey Spiegel asked me and/or Kaj Tesink to update the existing
<draft-ietf-atommib-atm2-11.txt> ID, due to time commitments that
prevented him from finishing the edits himself.  Please post this
modified ID on the server as <draft-ietf-atommib-atm2-12.txt>.

Note that the actual ID text starts just after the short note to
the atommib WG (since I haven't learned yet how to attach files
using PINE).

Thanks!

Regards,
Gary

 ______
| ///  |       TM   Gary Hanson                [email-masked]
|   ADC|Kentrox     14375 NW Science Park Dr.  503-641-3321 (FAX)
|______|            Portland, Oregon  97229    800-733-5511 x6333

-------------------------

atommibers,

Attached is an update of the ATM2-MIB draft.  As noted above, I have
updated the text, based on recent discussion on the atmmib WG mailing
list.  I also took the liberty to apply several other minor editorial
edits that I was convinced would improve both readability and SMIv2
compliance and also be non-controversial. A full list of changes is
included in the change log in section 3.

I don't have Mickey's list of any other pending issues to include here,
but here are a few implementation issues that I can think of, but for
which I certainly did not want to make changes without first discussing
it on the WG list.  Anyway, here is my latest list:

  - Do we need to add a statement indicating the intended use of the
    atmLogical(80) interface in the context of other MIBs that may
    currently only refer to atm(37) interfaces?
  - From where are the atmVp/VcCrossConnectionProviderName object
    values supposed to be derived?  Do we need to clarify this?
  - Add notes for atmfUniPvcOnly and atmfNniPvcOnly to the table in
    section 6.3.13?  Also, why can't atmIntfConfigType be set to
    other(1)?  If this value cannot be set, what is the value intended
    to be used for?
  - What does "(default values(s))" mean in the DESCRIPTION for the
    atmIlmiSrvcRegIndex object?  Was this a reminder that we needed
    to add a DEFVAL clause?
  - Do we want to change any INTEGER (x..y) objects to Integer32
    (x..y)?  The latter is the more normal way of specifying integer
    ranges.  The same applies in the ATM-TC-MIB and the ATM-MIB.
  - Some optional objects are not really indicated as such in the
    normal SMIv2 syntax.  For example, the various per-VC counters
    are all described as "mandatory for systems that are supporting
    per V.C counters", and do NOT have a MIN-ACCESS of not-accessible.
    Should these instead be put in a different group?
  - What about other potentially optional objects, such as the
    counters for SSCOP and signalling events and the ILMI objects?  Is
    it acceptable to require all agents to support these objects even
    if they are PVC-only or do not support ILMI?  If not, what is the
    best (or preferred) way to officially specify this in SMIv2?

Gary

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- cut here -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
INTERNET-DRAFT
<draft-ietf-atommib-atm2-12.txt>

                   Definitions of Supplemental Managed Objects
                                for ATM Management

                                  March 13, 1998

                                Faye Ly  (editor)
                                 3Com Corporation
                                 [email-masked]

                              Michael Noto  (editor)
                          Network Equipment Technologies
                                [email-masked]

                              Andrew Smith  (editor)
                                 Extreme Networks
                           [email-masked]

                          Ethan Mickey Spiegel  (editor)
                                  Cisco Systems
                                [email-masked]

                               Kaj Tesink  (editor)
                           Bell Communications Research
                               [email-masked]

          1.  Status of this Memo

          This document is an Internet Draft.  Internet Drafts are
          working documents of the Internet Engineering Task Force
          (IETF), its Areas, and its Working Groups.  Note that other
          groups may also distribute working documents as Internet
          Drafts.

          Expires 9/18/98                                       [Page 1]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          Internet Drafts are valid for a maximum of six months and may
          be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
          time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet Drafts as reference
          material or to cite them other than as a "work in progress".

          Expires 9/18/98                                       [Page 2]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          2.  Introduction

          This memo defines an experimental portion of the Management
          Information Base (MIB) for use with network management
          protocols in the Internet community.  In particular, it
          describes objects used for managing ATM-based interfaces,
          devices, and services in addition to those defined in the
          ATM-MIB [1], to provide additional support for the management
          of:
               - ATM Switched Virtual Connections (SVCs)
               - ATM Permanent Virtual Connections (PVCs)

          This memo specifies a MIB module in a manner that is both
          compliant to the SNMPv2 SMI, and semantically identical to the
          peer SNMPv1 definitions.

          This memo does not specify a standard for the Internet
          community.

          3.  Change Log

          This section tracks changes made to the revisions of the
          Internet Drafts of this document.  It will be deleted when the
          document is published as an RFC.

          The following changes were made for the version of the
          document dated March 13, 1998.

            - Changed atmSwitchAddressTable entry in Table 1 of section
              6.3, to indicate that it only applies to switches.
            - Added missing figure headings, fixed figure numbers, and
              changed pagination to prevent page breaks within figures.
            - Clarified usage of ATM Logical Port Interface Table, and
              of atmInterfaceExtEntry attributes for atmLogical(80)
              interfaces.
            - Removed IMPORTS for TEXTUAL-CONVENTION, atmVplOperStatus,
              and atmVclOperStatus.
            - Added IMPORTS for InterfaceIndexOrZero.
            - Changed SYNTAX of the atmVplLogicalPortIndex object from
              InterfaceIndex to InterfaceIndexOrZero, and updated its
              DESCRIPTION.
            - Swapped INTEGER and BITS types for atmIntfIlmiOperStatus

          Expires 9/18/98                                       [Page 3]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              and atmIntfIlmiFsmState in AtmInterfaceExtEntry SEQUENCE.
            - Changed atmSwitchAddressAddress from AtmAddr to OCTET
              STRING in AtmSwitchAddressEntry SEQUENCE.
            - Replaced "OBJECT-IDENTIFIER" with the correct keywords
              "OBJECT IDENTIFIER" for atmPvcTraps and atmPvcTrapsPrefix.
            - Changed DESCRIPTION of atmSigDescrParamIndex to refer to
              the atmVclGenSigDescrIndex object in the atmVclGenTable.
            - Removed spurious commas after several OBJECT compliance
              clauses.
            - Added OBJECT clauses for atmCurrentlyFailingPV.lTimeStamp
              objects, to note that they are optional.
            - Changed the atmSwitchServcHostGroup OBJECTS list to remove
              old objects (atmPv.lTrapControl and atmTrapThreshold) and
              to add new objects (atmCurrentlyFailingPV.lTimeStamp).
            - Changed atmSwitchServcNotifGroup to a NOTIFICATION-GROUP.
            - Added an atmSwitchGroup for the atmSwitchAddressAddress
              and the atmSwitchAddressRowStatus objects.
            - Updated references from RFC 1573 to RFC 2233.  Tweaked
              some other references.
            - Made other minor editorial changes, including a number
              that affected the indentation of object DESCRIPTIONs.

          The following changes were made for the version of the
          document dated July 30, 1997.

            - Changed the name of the objects atmInterfaceConfigSigType,
              atmInterfaceActualSigType, atmInterfaceConfigSigSide, and
              atmInterfaceActualSigSide to atmIntfConfigType,
              atmIntfActualType, atmIntfConfigSide and atmIntfActualSide
            - Changed the name of the atmIfAdminAddrTable to
              atmIfRegisteredAddrTable, as agreed in the December
              meeting, and rewrote DESCRIPTION
            - Changed atmInterfaceExtEntry to augment
              atmInterfaceConfEntry from RFC 1695/atm1ng
            - Reordered atmInterfaceExtEntry
            - Changed names of objects for ILMI-related initial timer
              values and public/private indicator so that length is less
              than 32 characters
            - Changed range of max VPI values from (0..4096) to
              (0..4095)
            - Restored missing atmInterfaceConfMinSvccVci and
              atmInterfaceCurrentMinSvccVci objects
            - Made atmInterfaceCurrentM..Sv.cV.i objects read-only.
            - Deleted atmIlmiSrvcRegSource

          Expires 9/18/98                                       [Page 4]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

            - Added atmVpCrossConnextXTable and atmVcCrossConnectXTable
              with service user and service provider assigned names
            - Deleted atmPvplChange and atmPvclChange traps

          The following changes were made for the version of the
          document dated July 6, 1997.

            - Replaced current ATM trap support with new trap proposal
            - Added ATM switch address table
            - Deleted atmAal5VclTotalErrors
            - Replaced atmIntfIlmiAddressRegistration with
              atmIntfIlmiAdminStatus
            - Added atmIntfIlmiOperStatus and atmIntfIlmiFsmState to
              atmInterfaceExtEntry
            - Added atmIfAdminAddrOrgScope to atmIfAdminAddrTable
            - Added atmIntfSigVccRcvTrafficDescrIndex and
              atmIntfSigVccTrxTrafficDescrIndex to atmInterfaceExtTable

          Expires 9/18/98                                       [Page 5]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          4.  The SNMPv2 Network Management Framework

          The SNMPv2 Network Management Framework consists of three
          major components.  They are:

          0    RFC 1902 [2] which defines the SMI, the mechanisms used
               for describing and naming objects for the purpose of
               management.

          0    STD 17, RFC 1213 [3] defines MIB-II, the core set of
               managed objects for the Internet suite of protocols.

          0    RFC 1905 [5] which defines the protocol used for network
               access to managed objects.

          The Framework permits new objects to be defined for the
          purpose of experimentation and evaluation.

          5.  Object Definitions

          Managed objects are accessed via a virtual information store,
          termed the Management Information Base or MIB.  Objects in the
          MIB are defined using the subset of Abstract Syntax Notation
          One (ASN.1) defined in the SMI.  In particular, each object
          type is named by an OBJECT IDENTIFIER, an administratively
          assigned name.  The object type together with an object
          instance serves to uniquely identify a specific instantiation
          of the object.  For human convenience, we often use a textual
          string, termed the descriptor, to also refer to the object
          type.

          6.  Overview

          The purpose of this memo is to provide additional
          capabilities, not found in the ATM-MIB [1], which are needed
          to manage ATM interfaces.  This memo addresses the following
          areas:
               - ATM Switch Support
               - ATM Service Support
               - ATM Host Support

          In addition, this memo also provides ATM trap support.

          Expires 9/18/98                                       [Page 6]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          6.1.  Background

          In addition to the MIB module defined in this memo, other MIB
          modules are necessary to manage ATM interfaces, links and
          cross-connects.  Examples include MIB II for general system
          and interface management (RFC 1213 [3] and RFC 2233 [6]), the
          DS3 or SONET MIBs for management of SONET and DS3 physical
          interfaces, and, as appropriate, MIB modules for applications
          that make use of ATM, such as SMDS [15] and LAN Emulation
          [14].  These MIB modules are outside the scope of this
          specification.

          This MIB module also requires the use of the ATM-MIB module
          defined in [1].

          ATM Endpoint applications such as ATM LAN Emulation or
          Classical IP-over-ATM Clients and Servers use ATM to establish
          SVC/PVC connections for exchanging control and data
          information. The agents of these ATM applications must provide
          the network manager with information on the SVC/PVCs in use
          and which applications are using them.  The information can be
          made generic so as to apply to all ATM applications.  This
          memo proposes extensions to the ATM-MIB [1] in order to
          support this.

          The current specification of this supplemental ATM-MIB is
          based on SNMPv2 SMI.

          6.2.  Important Definitions

          The following terms are defined here and used throughout this
          MIB:
               - Virtual Path Link (VPL)
               - Virtual Path Connection (VPC)
               - Virtual Path Segment (VP Segment)
               - Virtual Channel Link (VCL)
               - Virtual Channel Connection (VCC)
               - Virtual Channel Segment (VC Segment).

          The figures on the next page show how these terms apply in
          typical ATM network topologies.

          Expires 9/18/98                                       [Page 7]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

            _____      _______      _______      _______      _____
           |     |____|       |____|       |____|       |____|     |
           |Host1|    |SwitchA|    |SwitchB|    |SwitchC|    |Host2|
           |     |____|       |____|       |____|       |____|     |
           |_____|    |_______|    |_______|    |_______|    |_____|

               |<----->| Virtual          |<----->| Virtual
                         Path Link                  Path Link

               |<------------Virtual Path Connection---------->|
                             (between Host1 and Host2)

                              |<--------------->| Virtual Path
                                                  Segment (between
                                                  SwitchA and SwitchC)

             Figure 1: Examples of Virtual Path Links, Virtual Path
                       Connection, and Virtual Path Segment

            _____      _______      _______      _______      _____
           |     |____|       |____|       |____|       |____|     |
           |Host1|----|SwitchA|----|SwitchB|----|SwitchC|----|Host2|
           |     |____|       |____|       |____|       |____|     |
           |_____|    |_______|    |_______|    |_______|    |_____|

               |<----->| Virtual          |<----->| Virtual
                         Channel Link               Channel Link

               |<----------Virtual Channel Connection--------->|
                           (between Host1 and Host2)

                              |<--------------->| Virtual Channel
                                                  Segment (between
                                                  SwitchA and SwitchC)

              Figure 2: Examples of Virtual Channel Links, Virtual
                    Channel Connection, and Virtual Channel Segment

          Expires 9/18/98                                       [Page 8]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          6.3.  Supported Functions

          The managed ATM objects are arranged as follows:

                    Table                         Host   Switch Service
                  _____________________________________________________
                  atmSvcVcCrossConnectTable      |      |  Y   |  Y   |
                  atmSvcVpCrossConnectTable      |      |  Y   |  Y   |

                  atmSigStatTable                |  Y   |  Y   |  Y   |
                  atmSigSupportTable             |      |  Y   |  Y   |
                  atmSigDescrParamTable          |  Y   |      |      |

                  atmIfRegisteredAddrTable       |      |  Y   |  Y   |
                  atmVclAddrTable                |  Y   |      |      |
                  atmAddrVclTable                |  Y   |      |      |

                  atmVplStatTable                |  Y   |  Y   |  Y   |
                  atmVplLogicalPortTable         |  Y   |  Y   |  Y   |

                  atmVclStatTable                |  Y   |  Y   |  Y   |
                  atmAal5VclStatTable            |  Y   |      |      |
                  atmVclGenTable                 |  Y   |      |      |

                  atmInterfaceExtTable           |  Y   |  Y   |  Y   |

                  atmIlmiSrvcRegTable            |      |  Y   |  Y   |
                  atmIlmiNetworkPrefixTable      |      |  Y   |  Y   |
                  atmSwitchAddressTable          |      |  Y   |      |

                  atmVpCrossConnectXTable        |      |      |  Y   |
                  atmVcCrossConnectXTable        |      |      |  Y   |

                  atmCurrentlyFailingPVplTable   |  Y   |  Y   |  Y   |
                  atmCurrentlyFailingPVclTable   |  Y   |  Y   |  Y   |

                           Table 1: MIB structure

          Expires 9/18/98                                       [Page 9]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          6.3.1.  ATM SVC VC Cross-Connect Table

          This table provides the SVC Cross-Connect information.  The
          equivalent PVC VC Cross-Connect table is defined in [1].  This
          table also includes cross-connect information for Soft PVCs.

          This group is used to model a bi-directional point-to-point,
          point-to-multipoint or multipoint-to-multipoint SVC VC cross-
          connect.

          This table has read-only access and is used to monitor the
          cross-connects which connect the VCLs together in an ATM
          switch or network that belong to a VC connection.  The
          atmSvcVcCrossConnectIndex is used to associate the related SVC
          VCLs that are cross-connected together.  The
          atmSvcVcCrossConnectRowStatus object has read-write access to
          allow for tear-down.

          The ATM SVC VC Cross-Connect Table models each bi-directional
          Switched Virtual Circuit (SVC) VC cross-connect as a set of
          entries in the atmSvcVcCrossConnectTable.  A point-to-point VC
          cross-connect is modeled as one entry; a point-to-multipoint
          (N leafs) VC cross-connect as N entries in this table; and a
          multipoint-to-multipoint (N parties) VPC cross-connect as
          N(N-1)/2 entries in this table.  In the latter cases, all the
          N (or N(N-1)/2) entries are associated with a single VPC
          cross-connect by having the same value of
          atmSvcVcCrossConnectIndex.
                ______________________________________
               |                                      |
           Low |         ATM Switch or Network        | High
           port|                                      | port
          _____|>> from low to high VC traffic flow >>|______
               |<< from high to low VC traffic flow <<|
               |                                      |
               |______________________________________|

                   Figure 3: VC Cross-Connect Model

          The terms low and high are chosen to represent numerical
          ordering of the two interfaces associated with a VPC cross-
          connect.  That is, the ATM interface with the lower value of
          ifIndex is termed 'low', while the other ATM interface

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 10]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          associated with the VPC cross-connect is termed 'high'.  This
          terminology is used to provide directional information; for
          example, the atmSvcVcCrossConnectL2HOperStatus applies to the
          low->high direction, and atmSvcVcCrossConnectH2LOperStatus
          applies to the high->low direction.

          6.3.2.  ATM SVC VP Cross-Connect Table

          This table provides the SVC VP Cross-Connect information.  The
          equivalent PVC VP Cross-Connect table is defined in [1].  This
          table also includes cross-connect information for Soft PVPs.

          This group contains configuration and state information of all
          SVC VP point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, or multipoint-to-
          multipoint VP cross-connects.

          This table has read-only access and can be used to monitor the
          cross-connects which connect the VPLs together in an ATM
          switch or network.  The atmSvcVpCrossConnectIndex is used to
          associate the related SVC VPLs that are cross-connected
          together.  The atmSvcVpCrossConnectRowStatus object has read-
          write access to allow for tear-down.

          The ATM SVC VP Cross-Connect Table models each bi-directional
          Switched Virtual Circuit (SVC) VP cross-connect as a set of
          entries in the atmSvcVpCrossConnectTable.  A point-to-point
          VPC cross-connect is modeled as one entry; a point-to-
          multipoint (N leafs) VPC cross-connect as N entries in this
          table; and a multipoint-to-multipoint (N parties) VPC cross-
          connect as N(N-1)/2 entries in this table.  In the latter
          cases, all the N (or N(N-1)/2) entries are associated with a
          single VPC cross-connect by having the same value of
          atmSvcVpCrossConnectIndex.

               _________________________________________
               |                                       |
           Low |         ATM Switch or Network         | High
           port|                                       | port
          _____|>> from low to high VPC traffic flow >>|______
               |<< from high to low VPC traffic flow <<|
               |                                       |
               |_______________________________________|

                   Figure 4: VPC Cross-Connect Model

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 11]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          The terms low and high are chosen to represent numerical
          ordering of the two interfaces associated with a VPC cross-
          connect.  That is, the ATM interface with the lower value of
          ifIndex is termed 'low', while the other ATM interface
          associated with the VPC cross-connect is termed 'high'.  This
          terminology is used to provide directional information; for
          example, the atmSvcVpCrossConnectL2HOperStatus applies to the
          low->high direction, and atmSvcVpCrossConnectH2LOperStatus
          applies to the high->low direction.

          6.3.3.  ATM Interface Signalling Statistics Table

          This table provides statistical information of the signalling
          entity.  A signalling entity can be deployed over an ATM
          interface as defined in the atmInterfaceConfTable [1], a
          logical ATM interface defined in section 6.3.10.1 in this
          document or a proprietary virtual interface as described
          atmInterfaceExtTable.  To monitor the signalling entity, a few
          counters are provided.  They are defined as:
                            atmSigSSCOPConEvents
                            atmSigSSCOPErrdPdus
                            atmSigDetectSetupAttempts
                            atmSigEmitSetupAttempts
                            atmSigDetectUnavailRoutes
                            atmSigEmitUnavailRoutes
                            atmSigDetectUnavailResrcs
                            atmSigEmitUnavailResrcs
                            atmSigDetectCldPtyEvents
                            atmSigEmitCldPtyEvents
                            atmSigDetectMsgErrors
                            atmSigEmitMsgErrors
                            atmSigDetectClgPtyEvents
                            atmSigEmitClgPtyEvents
                            atmSigDetectTimerExpireds
                            atmSigEmitTimerExpireds
                            atmSigDetectRestarts
                            atmSigEmitRestarts
                            atmSigInEstabls
                            atmSigOutEstabls

          6.3.4.  ATM Signalling Capability Support

          A number of Information Elements may or may not be supported
          by ATM switches or ATM Service.  Hence, for trouble isolation

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 12]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          it is important to keep track which particular Information
          Elements are supported.  The corresponding group of objects
          must be supported by switches or services supporting SVCs, and
          indicate whether the following Information Elements are
          enabled/disabled:

          1)   Calling party number

          2)   Calling party subaddress

          3)   Called party subaddress

          4)   Broadband high layer information

          5)   Broadband low layer information

          6)   Broadband Repeat Indicator

          7)   AAL parameters

          The last parameter, Preferred Carrier Pre-Subscription,
          identifies the carrier to which intercarrier calls originated
          from this interface are routed when transit network selection
          information is not provided by the calling party.

          6.3.5.  Signalling Descriptor Parameter Table

          This table extends the ATM VCL table of the ATM-MIB [1] to
          include all other necessary signalling information as
          specified in the ATM Forum UNI Specifications [9] and [10].  A
          user can create an entry with all signalling parameters and
          later use that entry to specify the signalling characteristics
          of SVCs.

          Some of the signalling parameters such as the AAL5 parameters
          information element is reflected in the VCL and VPL tables,
          and this table only contains the remaining AAL5 parameters
          information.

          Signalling attributes can be grouped into following
          categories:

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 13]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          1)   ATM Adaptation Layer Parameters

          Information in this group are captured in the ATM Signalling
          Descriptor Parameter Table defined in this memo.  Please refer
          to section 5.4.5.5 of [9] and [10].

          2)   Broadband High Layer Information

          Information in this group are captured by the ATM Signalling
          Descriptor Parameter Table defined in this memo.  Please refer
          to section 5.4.5.8 of [9] and [10].

          3)   Broadband Low Layer Information

          Information in this group are captured by the ATM Signalling
          Descriptor Parameter Table defined in this memo.  Please refer
          to section 5.4.5.9 of [9] and [10].

          6.3.6.  ATM Interface Registered Address Table

          This table contains a list of ATM addresses that can be used
          for calls to and from a given interface by a switch or
          service.  The ATM addresses are either registered by the
          endsystem via ILMI or statically configured.  This table does
          not expose PNNI reachability information.  This table only
          applies to switches and network services.  See also Section 7.

          6.3.7.  ATM VPI/VCI to Address Mapping Table

          In the atmVclAddrTable, the object atmVclAddrAddr can either
          be an ATM Local Address or an ATM Remote Address which
          represent the two endpoint addresses of a VCL.  ATM Local
          Address identifies the local endpoint of the VCL represented
          by this agent.  While, the ATM Remote address represents the
          address of the ATM application at the other end of the VCL.

          6.3.8.  ATM Address to VPI/VCI Mapping Table

          This table provides an alternative way to retrieve the
          atmVclTable.  This table can be used to retrieve the indexing
          to the atmVclTable by an ATM address.

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 14]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          6.3.9.  ATM VPL Statistics Table

          The atmVplStatTable includes per VPL cell counters.  The VPL
          cell counters count the valid ATM cells.  The valid ATM cells
          include the user and OAM cells but exclude the physical layer
          (e.g., idle cells) and unassigned cells.  Cells coming into an
          ATM managed system are counted differently with the high Cell
          Loss Priority (CLP=0) or low Cell Loss Priority (CLP=1). The
          cells are tagged, passed or discarded depending on the
          incoming CLP value and the policed cell rate by the "traffic
          policing" entity in the ATM managed system.  Refer to [9] and
          [10] for the description of the traffic policing.

          In the switch where the traffic policing is not supported,
          cells are passed or discarded depending on the bandwidth of
          the switching fabric.  The Output Tagged Cells counter, in
          this case, is always zero.

                                _______________
                                | ATM Managed |
                     Input      | System      | Output
                     CLP=0 cells|             | CLP=0 cells
                     ---------->|             |----------->
                     CLP=1 cells| (traffic    | CLP=1 cells
                     ---------->| policing    |----------->
                                | entity)     | Tagged cells (CLP=1)
                                |_____________|----------->
                                 |Discard  | Discard
                                 |CLP=0    | CLP=1
                                 |cells    | cells
                                 |         |
                                 V         V

                 Figure 5: ATM Cell Counters per VPL

          In this table, cells coming into and out of the managed ATM
          system are counted as the total number of cells and the cells
          with the CLP=0.  The CLP=1 counter is derived by subtracting
          CLP=0 cells from the total cells.  In addition, cells that are
          tagged on the output are also counted.  The output CLP=1 cells
          equals to the total cells out count minus both the CLP=0 cells
          and the tagged cells.

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 15]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          6.3.10.  ATM VPL Logical Port Table

          The ATM VPL Logical Port Table includes all ATM logical port
          interface configuration information.

          6.3.10.1.  ATM Logical Port Interface

          The interface type "ATM Logical Port" (ifType=80) is defined
          to allow the representation of a VP Tunnel, which is a VPL
          used as a trunk connection (most likely between devices that
          are not physically adjacent), providing for multiplexing and
          demultiplexing of VCs on the VP.  Figure 6 illustrates such a
          VP Tunnel.

          Note: the "ATM Logical Port" interface is more of a logical
          port, compared with an interface of type "ATM" which is more
          of a physical port that provides for the transport of many VP
          and VC connections between adjacent devices.

                               <------VP Tunnel------>
                         ATM Switch A             ATM Switch B
                        ------------             -----------
                        |ATM       |_____________|ATM       |
                        |X-Connect |      .      |X-Connect |
                 VCL1   |Point     | VPL1 . VPL2 |Point     |  VCL4
              O---------|----X-----|----- . -----|----X-----|-----O
                        |    X-----|----- . -----|----X     |
                        |    |     |_____________|    |     |
                        ------------             ------------
                             | VCL2                   | VCL3
                             O                        O

                           Figure 6: Virtual Path Tunnel

          In Figure 6, a VP tunnel (denoted as VPL1 by Switch A, and as
          VPL2 by Switch B) is used to connect VCL1 with VCL4 and VCL2
          with VCL3.  Figure 6 shows only one VP tunnel, but there can
          be multiple VP tunnels over the same physical interface.

          A particularly useful VP tunnel scenario is tunneling across a
          public network that does not support signalling.  In Figure 6
          above, assume Switches A and B are private switches that
          signal over the VP to set up connections transparently through

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 16]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          the public network.  The public network would just transport a
          PVC VP between the two switches.

          Because the VP Tunnel constitutes an interface between two ATM
          devices that are not necessarily physically adjacent, most of
          the management information pertaining to the interface may
          differ for the tunnel, including:
                  - active VPI/VCI fields (the tunnel may be a subset
                    of the parent interface).
                  - maximum number of VCCs
                  - configured VCCs
                  - ILMI VPI/VCI values
                  - ATM address type
                  - ATM administrative address
                  - received/transmitted cells.

          6.3.10.2.  How to create an ATM Logical Port interface

          On ATM devices supporting VP tunnels, the ATM Logical Port
          Interface Table can be used to create VP tunnels.  To create
          an ATM Logical Port interface via SNMP:
              - Create a VPL (e.g., VPI=a on an existing ATM interface
                which has ifIndex=x) in the atmVplTable.

              - Set the object atmVplLogicalPortDef to isLogicalIf.
                A new row in the ifTable is then created by the agent,
                with ifIndex=y, to represent the ATM Logical Port
                interface.  The object atmVplLogicalPortIndex is also
                set to y by the agent to represent the ifIndex value of
                the ATM Logical Port interface.

              - The ifEntry values are set for the ATM Logical
                Port interface (ifIndex=y) as discussed in RFC
                1695, with the following exceptions:
                    * ifType - a new enumerated value of atmLogical(80)
                      was added to IANAifType, specifying an "ATM
                      Logical Port" interface.
                    * ifSpeed - The total bandwidth in bits per
                      second for use by the ATM layer.  Computed
                      from the traffic descriptor for the VPL.
                    * ifOperStatus - determined hierarchically,
                      depending on the state of the physical
                      atm-cell layer interface beneath it,

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 17]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                      and the ILMI on the VP.
                    * ifInOctets, ifOutOctets - support of
                      these objects is not mandatory for ATM
                      Logical Port interfaces.
                    * ifInErrors - always zero, HEC errors are
                      specified for the atm cell-layer interface
                      beneath it.
                    * ifInUnknownProtos - always zero, errors
                      are specified for the atm cell-layer
                      interface beneath it.

              - The atmInterfaceConfEntry values are set and reported
                as discussed in [1], with the following exceptions:
                    * atmInterfaceMaxVpcs - 0.
                    * atmInterfaceConfVpcs - 0.
                    * atmInterfaceIlmiVpi - VPI of the VP tunnel.

              - The atmInterfaceExtEntry values are set and reported
                as follows:
                    * atmInterfaceConfMaxSvpcVpi - VPI of the VP tunnel,
                      although VPCs cannot be setup on a VP tunnel.
                    * atmInterfaceCurrentMaxSvpcVpi - VPI of VP tunnel,
                      although VPCs cannot be setup on a VP tunnel.
                    * atmInterfaceConfMaxSvccVpi - VPI of the VP tunnel.
                    * atmInterfaceCurrentMaxSvccVpi - VPI of VP tunnel.
                    * atmIntfPvcFailures - Includes failures of PVCLs
                      within the VP tunnel, but not of the PVPL itself,
                      since those are reported on the atm(37) interface.
                    * atmIntfCurrentlyFailingPVpls - 0.
                    * atmIntfPvcFailuresTrapEnable - Enables traps for
                      PVCL failures within the VP tunnel, but not for
                      the PVPL itself, since the latter are generated on
                      behalf of the atm(37) interface.

              - An entry is created in the ifStackTable, with
                values: ifStackHigherLayer=y, ifStackLowerLayer=x.

              - VCLs defined on the VP tunnel are indexed by
                ifIndex=y, VPI=a, VCI.

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 18]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          6.3.11.  ATM VCL Statistics Table

          The atmVclStatTable includes per VCL cell counters.  The VCL
          cell counters count the valid ATM cells.  The valid ATM cells
          include the user and OAM cells but exclude the physical layer
          (e.g., idle cells) and unassigned cells.  Cells coming into an
          ATM managed system are counted differently with the high Cell
          Loss Priority (CLP=0) or low Cell Loss Priority (CLP=1). The
          cells are tagged, passed or discarded depending on the
          incoming CLP value and the policed cell rate by the "traffic
          policing" entity in the ATM managed system.  Refer to [9] and
          [10] for the description of the traffic policing.

          In the switch where the traffic policing is not supported,
          cells are passed or discarded depending on the bandwidth of
          the switching fabric.  The Output Tagged Cells counter, in
          this case, is always zero.

                                _______________
                                | ATM Managed |
                     Input      | System      | Output
                     CLP=0 cells|             | CLP=0 cells
                     ---------->|             |----------->
                     CLP=1 cells| (traffic    | CLP=1 cells
                     ---------->| policing    |----------->
                                | entity)     | Tagged cells (CLP=1)
                                |_____________|----------->
                                 |Discard  | Discard
                                 |CLP=0    | CLP=1
                                 |cells    | cells
                                 |         |
                                 V         V

                 Figure 7: ATM Cell Counters per VCL

          In this table, cells coming into and out of the managed ATM
          system are counted as the total number of cells and the cells
          with the CLP=0.  The CLP=1 counter is derived by subtracting
          CLP=0 cells from the total cells.  In addition, cells that are
          tagged on the output are also counted.  The output CLP=1 cells
          equals to the total cells out count minus both the CLP=0 cells
          and the tagged cells.

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 19]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          6.3.12.  ATM VC General Information Table

          This table contains the general information for each VC.  It
          provides an index to the atmSigDescrParamTable defined in this
          MIB.  This table is an extension to the atmVclTable defined in
          the ATM-MIB [1].

          6.3.13.  ATM Interface Configuration Extension Table

          The ATM Interface Configuration Extension Table contains ATM
          interface information that supplements the
          atmInterfaceConfTable defined in [1].  It includes the
          configuration information of the interface type (i.e.,
          connection setup procedures) and ILMI.

          A network manager can configure the interface to run a
          specific type of connection setup procedures (i.e., protocol
          and version) such as ITU-T DSS2, ATM Forum UNI 3.1, PNNI 1.0
          or BICI 2.0.  It can also dictate the role of the managed
          entity as one side of the interface.  For example, if an
          interface is configured to run ATM Forum UNI 3.1, the managed
          entity has to be told to run as either the network side or the
          user side of the UNI.

          The objects atmIntfConfigType and atmIntfConfigSide are used
          for configuration and the objects atmIntfActualType and
          atmIntfActualSide are used for reading back the actual
          interface protocol and version.

          The following table describes all the valid combinations of
          configuration of the interface type and side:

                  atmIntfConfigType          atmIntfConfigSide
                  -----------------          -----------------
                  autoConfig                 N/A
                  ituDss2                    user/network
                  atmfUni3Dot0               user/network
                  atmfUni3Dot1               user/network
                  atmfUni4Dot0               user/network
                  atmfIispUni3Dot0           user/network
                  atmfIispUni3Dot1           user/network
                  atmfIispUni4Dot0           user/network
                  atmfPnni1Dot0              N/A
                  atmfBici2Dot0              N/A

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 20]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          When the value of the object atmIntfConfigType is configured
          to autoConfig(2), the interface type is determined via the ATM
          Forum ILMI auto-configuration procedures [21].  There is no
          need to set the interface side since it should be a derived
          value.  The PNNI and BICI interfaces are always symmetric so
          setting the interface side is also not necessary.

          This table also includes the configured and negotiated maximum
          VPI value per ATM interface, and the configured and negotiated
          minimum VCI value per ATM interface.  Refer to [21] Sections
          8.2.3.8 through 8.2.3.10 for a detailed description.

          The following figure provides an example how the current
          minimum VCI values are derived from the configured minimum VCI
          values and the neighboring minimum VCI values:

              +--------+              +--------+              +--------+
              |  ATM   | IF a    IF b |  ATM   | IF c    IF d |  ATM   |
              | Device |--------------| Device |--------------| Device |
              +--------+              +--------+              +--------+

                  IF a:  Configured Min SVCC VCI = 32  (configured)
                         Current Min SVCC VCI    = 40  (negotiated)

                  IF b:  Configured Min SVCC VCI = 40  (configured)
                         Current Min SVCC VCI    = 40  (negotiated)

                  IF c:  Configured Min SVCC VCI = 32  (configured)
                         Current Min SVCC VCI    = 32  (negotiated)

                  IF d:  Configured Min SVCC VCI = 32  (configured)
                         Current Min SVCC VCI    = 32  (negotiated)

              (between IF a and IF b, the maximum of the two
               atmInterfaceConfMinSvccVci is 40, so both interfaces set
               their atmInterfaceCurrentMinSvccVci to 40.  Since IF c
               and IF d both are configured with
               atmInterfaceConfMinSvccVci of 32, they set their
               atmInterfaceCurrentMinSvccVci to 32.)

            Figure 8: Examples of configured vs. negotiated ILMI values

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 21]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          6.3.14.  ATM ILMI Service Registry Table

          This table contains information used by the switch/service to
          inform ATM hosts of the location of ATM network services such
          as the LAN Emulation Configuration Server (LECS) and the ATM
          Name Server (ANS).  Entries in this table are exported to
          adjacent devices via ILMI over either all or a few user
          selected ATM interfaces.

          As an example, let's assume that:

           - an ATM switch X has three interfaces if1, if2 and if3.
           - there are two ATM network services offered: a1.a2...aN and
             b1.b2...bN,
             (where a1.a2...aN is an object identifier used to identify
              the first service, and b1.b2...bN is the object identifier
              for the other service.  These services may be ATMARP
              servers, LECS server, ...)
           - The first service is available at the ATM address 'a'.
           - The second service is available at the ATM address 'b'.
           - The first service can be used by any device connecting to
             the switch X.
           - The second service can be used only by devices that connect
             to interfaces if1 and if3 on switch X.

            +------------------+    +------------------+
            |service a1.a2...aN|    |service b1.b2...bN|
            |                  |    |                  |
            | ATM address = a  |    | ATM address = b  |
            +--------+---------+    +--------+---------+
                     I                       I
            +--------+-----------------------+---------+
            |             ATM NETWORK                  |
            +-----------------+------------------------+
                              I
                       +-------------+
                       |  switch X   |
                       +-+----+----+-+
                         I    I    I

                        if1  if2  if3   (interfaces)

              Figure 9: ATM topology with registered services

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 22]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          The table for switch X will contain three entries:

          - one entry for the "a1.a2...aN", implicitly available to any
            devices on switch X.
          - two entries for the "b1.b2...bN" (one for each interface
            where this service can be explicitly used).

          The content of the table is:

          - Service Identifier:   a1.a2...aN    b1.b2...bN   b1.b2...bN
          - ATM address:              a             b            b
          - Arbitrary index:          m             n            p
          - Interface:                0             1            3

          where m, n and p are arbitrary parameters.

          When querying the ILMI service registry table, through the
          ILMI protocol:

          - the device attached to interface if1 will obtain the
            address a and b
          - the device attached to interface if2 will obtain the
            address a only
          - the device attached to interface if3 will obtain the
            address a and b

          6.3.15.  ILMI Network Prefix Table

          A table specifying per interface network prefix(es) supplied
          by the network side of the UNI during ILMI address
          registration.  When no network prefixes are specified for a
          particular interface, one or more network prefixes based on
          the switch address(es) may be used for ILMI address
          registration.

          6.3.16.  ATM Switch Address Table

          This table contains one or more ATM endsystem addresses on a
          per switch basis.  These addresses are used to identify the
          switch.  When no ILMI network prefixes are configured for
          certain interfaces, network prefixes based on the switch
          address(es) may be used for ILMI address registration.

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 23]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          7.  Network and User Addresses

          At the user side of a given ATM UNI interface there may be an
          address, "ifPhysAddress", to identify the interface.  In
          addition, there may be several other addresses which can be
          used to originate and receive calls.  These other addresses
          that are used to receive calls are listed in the
          "ifRcvAddrTable" defined in RFC 2233 [6].  The registered
          addresses on the network side are listed in the ATM Registered
          Address Table.  The ATM Registered Address Table is supported
          by switches and network services.  It is not supported by
          hosts.

          8.  Configuration of VPLs, VCLs, and Cross-Connects

          The ATM Managed Objects needed to support the configuration of
          VPLs, VCLs, and Cross-Connects of the Permanent VPLs and VCLs
          are defined in the ATM-MIB [1].  Cross-Connects of the
          Switched VPLs and VCLs are defined in this memo.

          9.  ATM Related Trap Support

          Traps are defined to detect changes in the status of permanent
          VPLs and VCLs.  The current up/down status of each permanent
          VPL or VCL is indicated by the atmVplOperStatus or
          atmVclOperStatus object, respectively.  Several tables and
          objects and one trap are defined in order to help network
          managers quickly and efficiently detect changes in the status
          of permanent virtual links.  Through use of these tables,
          objects, and traps, the time consuming and resource intensive
          task of continuously polling each row in the entire
          atmVplTable and atmVclTable can be avoided.

          The atmIntfPvcFailures counter and the
          atmIntfCurrentlyFailingPVpls and atmIntfCurrentlyFailingPVcls
          gauges provide a quick means of determining the status of all
          PVPLs and PVCLs on an interface.  The
          atmCurrentlyFailingPVplTable and the
          atmCurrentlyFailingPVclTable list all of the problematic PVPLs
          and PVCLs, respectively, allowing them to be quickly
          identified.

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 24]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          The atmIntfPvcFailuresTrap is generated just after a PVPL or
          PVCL on a particular interface leaves the `up' operational
          state.  Managers can then determine which PVPLs and/or PVCLs
          are failing by reading the atmCurrentlyFailingPVplTable and
          the atmCurrentlyFailingPVclTable.  Generation of the
          atmIntfPvcFailuresTrap is rate limited by suppressing all
          traps that would occur within atmIntfPvcNotificationInterval
          of a previous trap for the same interface.  Managers should
          continuously poll the tables and objects mentioned above for
          at least this amount of time in order to keep up with the
          state of the network.

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 25]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          10.  Definitions

               ATM2-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

               IMPORTS
                   MODULE-IDENTITY, OBJECT-TYPE, NOTIFICATION-TYPE,
                   BITS, Gauge32, experimental, Counter32, Integer32
                       FROM SNMPv2-SMI
                   TruthValue, RowStatus, TimeStamp, DisplayString
                       FROM SNMPv2-TC
                   MODULE-COMPLIANCE, OBJECT-GROUP
                       FROM SNMPv2-CONF
                   InterfaceIndex, InterfaceIndexOrZero, ifIndex
                       FROM IF-MIB
                   atmMIBObjects, atmInterfaceConfEntry,
                   atmVplEntry, atmVplVpi,
                   atmVclEntry, atmVclVpi, atmVclVci,
                   atmVpCrossConnectEntry, atmVcCrossConnectEntry
                       FROM ATM-MIB
                   AtmAddr, AtmSigDescrParamIndex,
                   AtmInterfaceType, AtmIlmiNetworkPrefix,
                   AtmVcIdentifier, AtmVpIdentifier,
                   AtmTrafficDescrParamIndex
                       FROM ATM-TC-MIB;

               atm2MIB MODULE-IDENTITY
                   LAST-UPDATED "9803131200Z"
                   ORGANIZATION "IETF AToMMIB Working Group"
                   CONTACT-INFO
                     "          Faye Ly
                       Postal:  3Com Networks Inc.
                                Santa Clara, CA 95052
                                US
                       Tel:     +1 408 764 6576
                       Fax:     +1 408 495 2599
                       E-Mail:  [email-masked]

                                Michael Noto
                       Postal:  Network Equipment Technologies
                                800 Saginaw Drive RM 21.1.111
                                Redwood City, CA 94063
                                US
                       Tel:     +1 415 569 7143

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 26]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                       Fax:     +1 732 758 4177
                       E-mail:  [email-masked]

                                Andrew Smith
                       Postal:  Extreme Networks
                                1601 S. De Anza Blvd, #220
                                Cupertino, CA 95014
                                US
                       Tel:     +1 408 342 0985
                       Fax:     +1 408 342 0989
                       E-Mail:  [email-masked]

                                Ethan Mickey Spiegel
                       Postal:  Cisco Systems
                                170 W. Tasman Drive
                                San Jose, CA 95134-1706
                       Tel:     +1 408 526 6408
                       Fax:     +1 408 526 6488
                       E-Mail:  [email-masked]

                                Kaj Tesink
                       Postal:  Bell Communications Research
                                331 Newman Springs Road
                                Red Bank, NJ 07701
                                US
                       Tel:     +1 732 758 5254
                       Fax:     +1 732 758 4177
                       E-mail:  [email-masked]"
                   DESCRIPTION
                     "This MIB Module is a supplement to the
                     ATM-MIB [1]."
                   ::= { experimental XX }

               atm2MIBObjects  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {atm2MIB 1}
               atm2MIBTraps    OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {atm2MIB 2}

               -- ********  NOTE TO THE RFC EDITOR  **************
               -- In case this module is put on the standards track
               --  replace the following:
               -- "atm2MIB MODULE-IDENTITY ::= {experimental XX}" with
               -- "atm2MIB MODULE-IDENTITY ::= {atmMIBObjects 14}"
               -- and include atmMIBObjects in the IMPORT clause.

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 27]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

               -- This ATM2-MIB Module consists of the following tables,
               -- plus ATM trap support:
               --      1. atmSvcVpCrossConnectTable
               --      2. atmSvcVcCrossConnectTable
               --      3. atmSigStatTable
               --      4. atmSigSupportTable
               --      5. atmSigDescrParamTable
               --      6. atmIfRegisteredAddrTable
               --      7. atmVclAddrTable
               --      8. atmAddrVclTable
               --      9. atmVplStatTable
               --      10. atmVplLogicalPortTable
               --      11. atmVclStatTable
               --      12. atmAal5VclStatTable
               --      13. atmVclGenTable
               --      14. atmInterfaceExtTable
               --      15. atmIlmiSrvcRegTable
               --      16. atmIlmiNetworkPrefixTable
               --      17. atmSwitchAddressTable
               --      18. atmVpCrossConnectXTable
               --      19. atmVcCrossConnectXTable
               --      20. atmCurrentlyFailingPVplTable
               --      21. atmCurrentlyFailingPVclTable

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 28]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

               -- 1. ATM VPL SVC Cross-Connect Table

               atmSvcVpCrossConnectTable OBJECT-TYPE
                   SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF
                                AtmSvcVpCrossConnectEntry
                   MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                   STATUS       current
                   DESCRIPTION
                     "The ATM SVPC Cross-Connect table.  A
                     bi-directional VP cross-connect between two
                     switched VPLs is modeled as one entry in this
                     table.  A Soft PVPC cross-connect, between a
                     soft permanent VPL and a switched VPL, is
                     also modeled as one entry in this table."
                   ::= { atm2MIBObjects 1 }

               atmSvcVpCrossConnectEntry OBJECT-TYPE
                   SYNTAX       AtmSvcVpCrossConnectEntry
                   MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                   STATUS       current
                   DESCRIPTION
                     "An entry in the ATM SVPC Cross-Connect table.
                     This entry is used to model a bi-directional
                     ATM VP cross-connect between two VPLs."
                   INDEX { atmSvcVpCrossConnectIndex,
                           atmSvcVpCrossConnectLowIfIndex,
                           atmSvcVpCrossConnectLowVpi,
                           atmSvcVpCrossConnectHighIfIndex,
                           atmSvcVpCrossConnectHighVpi }
                   ::= { atmSvcVpCrossConnectTable 1 }

               AtmSvcVpCrossConnectEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
                   atmSvcVpCrossConnectIndex           INTEGER,
                   atmSvcVpCrossConnectLowIfIndex      InterfaceIndex,
                   atmSvcVpCrossConnectLowVpi          AtmVpIdentifier,
                   atmSvcVpCrossConnectHighIfIndex     InterfaceIndex,
                   atmSvcVpCrossConnectHighVpi         AtmVpIdentifier,
                   atmSvcVpCrossConnectCreationTime    TimeStamp,
                   atmSvcVpCrossConnectRowStatus       RowStatus
                                 }

               atmSvcVpCrossConnectIndex OBJECT-TYPE

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 29]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                   SYNTAX       INTEGER (1..2147483647)
                   MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                   STATUS       current
                   DESCRIPTION
                     "A unique value to identify this SVPC
                     cross-connect."
                   ::= { atmSvcVpCrossConnectEntry 1 }

               atmSvcVpCrossConnectLowIfIndex OBJECT-TYPE
                   SYNTAX       InterfaceIndex
                   MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                   STATUS       current
                   DESCRIPTION
                     "The value of this object is equal to MIB II's
                     ifIndex value of the ATM interface port for this
                     SVPC cross-connect.  The term low implies
                     that this ATM interface has the numerically lower
                     ifIndex value than the other ATM interface
                     identified in the same atmSvcVpCrossConnectEntry."
                   ::= { atmSvcVpCrossConnectEntry 2 }

               atmSvcVpCrossConnectLowVpi OBJECT-TYPE
                   SYNTAX       AtmVpIdentifier
                   MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                   STATUS       current
                   DESCRIPTION
                     "The value of this object is equal to the VPI
                     value associated with the SVPC cross-connect
                     at the ATM interface that is identified by
                     atmSvcVpCrossConnectLowIfIndex.  The VPI value
                     cannot exceed the number supported by the
                     atmInterfaceMaxVpiBits at the low ATM interface
                     port."
                   ::= { atmSvcVpCrossConnectEntry 3 }

               atmSvcVpCrossConnectHighIfIndex OBJECT-TYPE
                   SYNTAX       InterfaceIndex
                   MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                   STATUS       current
                   DESCRIPTION
                    "The value of this object is equal to MIB II's
                     ifIndex value of the ATM interface port for
                     this SVC VP cross-connect.  The term high
                     implies that this ATM interface has the

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 30]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                     numerically higher ifIndex value than the
                     other ATM interface identified in the same
                     atmSvcVpCrossConnectEntry."
                   ::= { atmSvcVpCrossConnectEntry 4 }

               atmSvcVpCrossConnectHighVpi OBJECT-TYPE
                   SYNTAX       AtmVpIdentifier
                   MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                   STATUS       current
                   DESCRIPTION
                    "The value of this object is equal to the VPI
                     value associated with the SVPC cross-connect
                     at the ATM interface that is identified by
                     atmSvcVpCrossConnectHighIfIndex.  The VPI value
                     cannot exceed the number supported by the
                     atmInterfaceMaxVpiBits at the high ATM interface
                     port."
                   ::= { atmSvcVpCrossConnectEntry 5 }

               atmSvcVpCrossConnectCreationTime OBJECT-TYPE
                   SYNTAX       TimeStamp
                   MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                   STATUS       current
                   DESCRIPTION
                    "The value of MIB II's sysUpTime object
                     at the time this bi-directional SVPC
                     cross-connect was created.  If the current
                     state was entered prior to the last
                     re-initialization of the agent, then this
                     object contains a zero value."
                   ::= { atmSvcVpCrossConnectEntry 6 }

               atmSvcVpCrossConnectRowStatus OBJECT-TYPE
                   SYNTAX       RowStatus
                   MAX-ACCESS   read-write
                   STATUS       current
                   DESCRIPTION
                      "This object is used to delete rows in the
                      atmSvcVpCrossConnectTable."
                  ::= { atmSvcVpCrossConnectEntry 7 }

              -- 2. ATM VCL SVC Cross-Connect Table

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 31]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              atmSvcVcCrossConnectTable OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                   "The ATM SVCC Cross-Connect table.  A
                    bi-directional VC cross-connect between two
                    switched VCLs is modeled as one entry in
                    this table.  A Soft PVCC cross-connect,
                    between a soft permanent VCL and a switched
                    VCL, is also modeled as one entry in this
                    table."
                  ::= { atm2MIBObjects 2 }

              atmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                   "An entry in the ATM SVCC Cross-Connect table.
                    This entry is used to model a bi-directional ATM
                    VC cross-connect between two VCLs."
                  INDEX { atmSvcVcCrossConnectIndex,
                          atmSvcVcCrossConnectLowIfIndex,
                          atmSvcVcCrossConnectLowVpi,
                          atmSvcVcCrossConnectLowVci,
                          atmSvcVcCrossConnectHighIfIndex,
                          atmSvcVcCrossConnectHighVpi,
                          atmSvcVcCrossConnectHighVci }
                  ::= { atmSvcVcCrossConnectTable 1 }

              AtmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
                  atmSvcVcCrossConnectIndex           INTEGER,
                  atmSvcVcCrossConnectLowIfIndex      InterfaceIndex,
                  atmSvcVcCrossConnectLowVpi          AtmVpIdentifier,
                  atmSvcVcCrossConnectLowVci          AtmVcIdentifier,
                  atmSvcVcCrossConnectHighIfIndex     InterfaceIndex,
                  atmSvcVcCrossConnectHighVpi         AtmVpIdentifier,
                  atmSvcVcCrossConnectHighVci         AtmVcIdentifier,
                  atmSvcVcCrossConnectCreationTime    TimeStamp,
                  atmSvcVcCrossConnectRowStatus       RowStatus
                          }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 32]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              atmSvcVcCrossConnectIndex OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       INTEGER (1..2147483647)
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                   "A unique value to identify this SVCC cross-connect."
                  ::= { atmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry 1 }

              atmSvcVcCrossConnectLowIfIndex OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       InterfaceIndex
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                   "The value of this object is equal to MIB II's
                    ifIndex value of the ATM interface port for this
                    SVCC cross-connect.  The term low implies that
                    this ATM interface has the numerically lower
                    ifIndex value than the other ATM interface
                    identified in the same atmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry."
                  ::= { atmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry 2 }

              atmSvcVcCrossConnectLowVpi OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmVpIdentifier
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                   "The value of this object is equal to the VPI
                    value associated with the SVCC cross-connect
                    at the ATM interface that is identified by
                    atmSvcVcCrossConnectLowIfIndex.  The VPI value
                    cannot exceed the number supported by the
                    atmInterfaceMaxVpiBits at the low ATM interface
                    port."
                  ::= { atmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry 3 }

              atmSvcVcCrossConnectLowVci OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmVcIdentifier
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                   "The value of this object is equal to the VCI
                    value associated with the SVCC cross-connect
                    at the ATM interface that is identified by
                    atmSvcVcCrossConnectLowIfIndex.  The VCI value

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 33]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                    cannot exceed the number supported by the
                    atmInterfaceMaxVciBits at the low ATM interface
                    port."
                  ::= { atmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry 4 }

              atmSvcVcCrossConnectHighIfIndex OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       InterfaceIndex
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                   "The value of this object is equal to MIB II's
                    ifIndex value for the ATM interface port for
                    this SVCC cross-connect.  The term high implies
                    that this ATM interface has the numerically
                    higher ifIndex value than the other ATM interface
                    identified in the same atmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry."
                  ::= { atmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry 5 }

              atmSvcVcCrossConnectHighVpi OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmVpIdentifier
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                   "The value of this object is equal to the VPI
                    value associated with the SVCC cross-connect
                    at the ATM interface that is identified by
                    atmSvcVcCrossConnectHighIfIndex.  The VPI value
                    cannot exceed the number supported by the
                    atmInterfaceMaxVpiBits at the high ATM interface
                    port."
                  ::= { atmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry 6 }

              atmSvcVcCrossConnectHighVci OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmVcIdentifier
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                   "The value of this object is equal to the VCI
                    value associated with the SVCC cross-connect
                    at the ATM interface that is identified by
                    atmSvcVcCrossConnectHighIfIndex.  The VCI value
                    cannot exceed the number supported by the
                    atmInterfaceMaxVciBits at the high ATM interface
                    port."

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 34]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                  ::= { atmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry 7 }

              atmSvcVcCrossConnectCreationTime OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       TimeStamp
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                   "The value of MIB II's sysUpTime object
                    at the time this bi-directional SVCC
                    cross-connect was created.  If the current
                    state was entered prior to the last
                    re-initialization of the agent, then this
                    object contains a zero value."
                  ::= { atmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry 8 }

              atmSvcVcCrossConnectRowStatus OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       RowStatus
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-write
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                     "This object is used to delete rows in the
                     atmSvcVcCrossConnectTable."
                 ::= { atmSvcVcCrossConnectEntry 9 }

             --
             -- 3. ATM Interface Signalling Statistics Table
             --

             atmSigStatTable       OBJECT-TYPE
                 SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmSigStatEntry
                 MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                 STATUS       current
                 DESCRIPTION
                  "This table contains ATM interface signalling
                  statistics, one entry per ATM signalling
                  interface."
                 ::= { atm2MIBObjects 3 }

             atmSigStatEntry         OBJECT-TYPE
                 SYNTAX       AtmSigStatEntry
                 MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                 STATUS       current
                 DESCRIPTION
                  "This list contains signalling statistics variables."

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 35]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 INDEX { ifIndex }
                 ::= { atmSigStatTable  1}

             AtmSigStatEntry    ::= SEQUENCE  {
                 atmSigSSCOPConEvents            Counter32,
                 atmSigSSCOPErrdPdus             Counter32,
                 atmSigDetectSetupAttempts       Counter32,
                 atmSigEmitSetupAttempts         Counter32,
                 atmSigDetectUnavailRoutes       Counter32,
                 atmSigEmitUnavailRoutes         Counter32,
                 atmSigDetectUnavailResrcs       Counter32,
                 atmSigEmitUnavailResrcs         Counter32,
                 atmSigDetectCldPtyEvents        Counter32,
                 atmSigEmitCldPtyEvents          Counter32,
                 atmSigDetectMsgErrors           Counter32,
                 atmSigEmitMsgErrors             Counter32,
                 atmSigDetectClgPtyEvents        Counter32,
                 atmSigEmitClgPtyEvents          Counter32,
                 atmSigDetectTimerExpireds       Counter32,
                 atmSigEmitTimerExpireds         Counter32,
                 atmSigDetectRestarts            Counter32,
                 atmSigEmitRestarts              Counter32,
                 atmSigInEstabls                 Counter32,
                 atmSigOutEstabls                Counter32
                      }

             atmSigSSCOPConEvents   OBJECT-TYPE
                 SYNTAX       Counter32
                 MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                 STATUS       current
                 DESCRIPTION
                    "SSCOP Connection Events Counter.  This
                    counter counts the sum of the following errors:

                    1) SSCOP Connection Disconnect Counter

                    The abnormal occurrence of this event is
                    characterized by the expiry of Timer_NO_RESPONSE.
                    (This event is communicated to the layer management
                    with MAA-ERROR code P.  See ITU-T Q.2110 [13].)

                    2) SSCOP Connection Initiation Failure

                    This condition indicates the inability to establish

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 36]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                    an SSCOP connection.  This event occurs whenever the
                    number of expiries of the connection control timer
                    (Timer_CC) exceeds the MaxCC or upon receipt of a
                    connection reject message BGREJ PDU.  (This event is
                    communicated to layer management with MAA-ERROR
                    code O.  See ITU-T Q.2110.)

                    3) SSCOP Connection Re-Establ/Resynch

                    This event occurs upon receipt of a BGN PDU or
                    RESYNC PDU."
                ::= { atmSigStatEntry 1}

            atmSigSSCOPErrdPdus   OBJECT-TYPE
                SYNTAX       Counter32
                MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                STATUS       current
                DESCRIPTION
                   "SSCOP Errored PDUs Counter.  This counter counts the
                   sum of the following errors:

                   1) Invalid PDUs.
                      These are defined in SSCOP and consist of PDUs
                      with incorrect length (MAA-ERROR code U),
                      undefined PDU type code or not 32-bit aligned.

                   2) PDUs that result in MAA error codes and are
                      discarded.

                   See Errors A-M and Q-T defined in ITU-T Q.2110 [13]."
               ::= { atmSigStatEntry 2 }

           atmSigDetectSetupAttempts    OBJECT-TYPE
               SYNTAX       Counter32
               MAX-ACCESS   read-only
               STATUS       current
               DESCRIPTION
                  "Call Setup Attempts Counter.  This counter counts
                  the number of call setup attempts (both successful
                  and unsuccessful) detected on this interface."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 3 }

          atmSigEmitSetupAttempts    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 37]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Call Setup Attempts Counter.  This counter counts the
                 number of call setup attempts (both successful and
                 unsuccessful) transmitted on this interface."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 4 }

          atmSigDetectUnavailRoutes    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of Route Unavailability detected on this
                 interface.  This counter is incremented when a RELEASE,
                 RELEASE COMPLETE (only when not preceded by a RELEASE
                 mesg for the same call), ADD PARTY REJECT, or STATUS
                 message that contains one of the following cause code
                 values is received (Note: These cause values apply to
                 both UNI3.0 and UNI3.1):

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 38]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 Cause Value            Meaning

                    1            unallocated (unassigned) number
                    2            no route to specified transit network
                    3            no route to destination

                 NOTE:  For this counter, RELEASE COMPLETE
                 messages that are a reply to a previous RELEASE
                 message and contain the same cause value, are
                 redundant (for counting purposes) and should not
                 be counted."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 5 }

          atmSigEmitUnavailRoutes    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of Route Unavailability transmitted from this
                 interface.  This counter is incremented when a RELEASE,
                 RELEASE COMPLETE (only when not preceded by a RELEASE
                 mesg for the same call), ADD PARTY REJECT, or STATUS
                 message that contains one of the following cause code
                 values is transmitted (Note: These cause values apply
                 to both UNI3.0 and UNI3.1):

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 39]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 Cause Value            Meaning

                    1            unallocated (unassigned) number
                    2            no route to specified transit network
                    3            no route to destination

                 NOTE:  For this counter, RELEASE COMPLETE
                 messages that are a reply to a previous RELEASE
                 message and contain the same cause value, are
                 redundant (for counting purposes) and should not
                 be counted."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 6 }

          atmSigDetectUnavailResrcs     OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of Resource Unavailability detected on this
                 interface.  This counter is incremented when a RELEASE,
                 RELEASE COMPLETE (only when not preceded by a RELEASE
                 mesg for the same call), ADD PARTY REJECT, or STATUS
                 message that contains one of the following cause code
                 values is received (Note: These cause values apply to
                 both UNI3.0 and UNI3.1 unless otherwise stated):

                 Cause Value          Meaning

                    35          requested VPCI/VCI not available
                    37          user cell rate not available (UNI3.1
                                only)
                    38          network out of order
                    41          temporary failure
                    45          no VPCI/VCI available
                    47          resource unavailable, unspecified
                    49          Quality of Service unavailable
                    51          user cell rate not available (UNI3.0
                                only)
                    58          bearer capability not presently
                                available
                    63          Service or option not available,
                                unspecified
                    92          too many pending add party requests

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 40]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 NOTE:  For this counter, RELEASE COMPLETE
                 messages that are a reply to a previous RELEASE
                 message and contain the same cause value, are
                 redundant (for counting purposes) and should not
                 be counted."

              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 7 }

          atmSigEmitUnavailResrcs     OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of Resource Unavailability transmitted from
                 this interface.  This counter is incremented when a
                 RELEASE, RELEASE COMPLETE (only when not preceded by a
                 RELEASE mesg for the same call), ADD PARTY REJECT, or
                 STATUS message that contains one of the following cause
                 code values is transmitted (Note: These cause values
                 apply to both UNI3.0 and UNI3.1 unless otherwise
                 stated):

                 Cause Value          Meaning

                    35          requested VPCI/VCI not available
                    37          user cell rate not available (UNI3.1
                                only)
                    38          network out of order
                    41          temporary failure
                    45          no VPCI/VCI available
                    47          resource unavailable, unspecified
                    49          Quality of Service unavailable
                    51          user cell rate not available (UNI3.0
                                only)
                    58          bearer capability not presently
                                available
                    63          Service or option not available,
                                unspecified
                    92          too many pending add party requests

                 NOTE:  For this counter, RELEASE COMPLETE
                 messages that are a reply to a previous RELEASE
                 message and contain the same cause value, are
                 redundant (for counting purposes) and should not

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 41]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 be counted."

              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 8 }

          atmSigDetectCldPtyEvents     OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of Called Party Responsible For Unsuccessful
                 Call detected on this interface.  This counter is
                 incremented when a RELEASE, RELEASE COMPLETE (only when
                 not preceded by a RELEASE mesg for the same call), ADD
                 PARTY REJECT, or STATUS message that contains one of
                 the following cause code values is received (Note:
                 These cause values apply to both UNI3.0 and UNI3.1):

                 Cause Value         Meaning

                    17           user busy
                    18           no user responding
                    21           call rejected
                    22           number changed
                    23           user rejects all calls with calling
                                 line id restriction (CLIR)
                    27           destination out of order
                    31           normal, unspecified
                    88           incompatible destination

                 NOTE:  For this counter, RELEASE COMPLETE
                 messages that are a reply to a previous RELEASE
                 message and contain the same cause value, are
                 redundant (for counting purposes) and should not
                 be counted.

                 Note: Cause Value #30 'response to STATUS ENQUIRY'
                 was not included in this memo since it did not apply
                 to a hard failure."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 9 }

          atmSigEmitCldPtyEvents     OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 42]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of Called Party Responsible For Unsuccessful
                 Call transmitted from this interface.  This counter is
                 incremented when a RELEASE, RELEASE COMPLETE (only
                 when not preceded by a RELEASE mesg for the same call),
                 ADD PARTY REJECT, or STATUS message that contains one
                 of the following cause code values is
                 transmitted (Note: These cause values apply to both
                 UNI3.0 and UNI3.1):

                 Cause Value         Meaning

                    17           user busy
                    18           no user responding
                    21           call rejected
                    22           number changed
                    23           user rejects all calls with calling
                                 line id restriction (CLIR)
                    27           destination out of order
                    31           normal, unspecified
                    88           incompatible destination

                 NOTE:  For this counter, RELEASE COMPLETE
                 messages that are a reply to a previous RELEASE
                 message and contain the same cause value, are
                 redundant (for counting purposes) and should not
                 be counted.

                 Note: Cause Value #30 'response to STATUS ENQUIRY'
                 was not included in this memo since it did not apply
                 to a hard failure."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 10 }

          atmSigDetectMsgErrors    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of Incorrect Messages detected on this
                 interface.  The Incorrect Messages Counter reflects any
                 sort of incorrect information in a message.  This
                 includes:

                 - RELEASE, RELEASE COMPLETE, ADD PARTY REJECT,

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 43]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                   and STATUS messages transmitted, that contain any of
                   the Cause values listed below.

                 - Ignored messages.  These messages are dropped
                   because the message was so damaged that it could
                   not be further processed.  A list of dropped
                   messages is compiled below:

                    1.  Message with invalid protocol discriminator

                    2.  Message with errors in the call reference I.E.
                         - Bits 5-8 of the first octet not equal to
                           '0000'
                         - Bits 1-4 of the first octet indicating a
                           length other than 3 octets
                         - RELEASE COMPLETE message received with a
                           call reference that does not relate to a
                           call active or in progress
                         - SETUP message received with call reference
                           flag incorrectly set to 1
                         - SETUP message received with a call
                           reference for a call that is already
                           active or in progress.

                    3.  Message too short

                 The following cause values are monitored by this
                 counter (Note: These cause values apply to both UNI3.0
                 and UNI3.1 unless otherwise stated):

                 Cause Value     Meaning

                    10     VPCI/VCI unacceptable (UNI3.0 only)
                    36     VPCI/VCI assignment failure (UNI3.1 only)
                    81     invalid call reference value
                    82     identified channel does not exist
                    89     invalid endpoint reference
                    96     mandatory information element is missing
                    97     message type non-existent or not
                           implemented
                    99     information element non-existent or not
                           implemented
                    100    invalid information element contents

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 44]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                    101    message not compatible with call state
                    104    incorrect message length
                    111    protocol error, unspecified

                    NOTE:  For this counter, RELEASE COMPLETE
                    messages that are a reply to a previous RELEASE
                    message and contain the same cause value, are
                    redundant (for counting purposes) and should not
                    be counted."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 11 }

          atmSigEmitMsgErrors    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of Incorrect Messages transmitted on this
                 interface.  The Incorrect Messages Counter reflects any
                 sort of incorrect information in a message.  This
                 includes:

                 - RELEASE, RELEASE COMPLETE, ADD PARTY REJECT,
                   and STATUS messages transmitted or
                   received, that contain any of the Cause values
                   listed below.

                 - Ignored messages.  These messages are dropped
                   because the message was so damaged that it could
                   not be further processed.  A list of dropped
                   messages is compiled below:

                    1.  Message with invalid protocol discriminator

                    2.  Message with errors in the call reference I.E.
                         - Bits 5-8 of the first octet not equal to
                           '0000'
                         - Bits 1-4 of the first octet indicating a
                           length other than 3 octets
                         - RELEASE COMPLETE message received with a
                           call reference that does not relate to a
                           call active or in progress
                         - SETUP message received with call reference
                           flag incorrectly set to 1

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 45]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                         - SETUP message received with a call
                           reference for a call that is already
                           active or in progress.

                    3.  Message too short

                 The following cause values are monitored by this
                 counter (Note: These cause values apply to both UNI3.0
                 and UNI3.1 unless otherwise stated):

                 Cause Value     Meaning

                    10     VPCI/VCI unacceptable (UNI3.0 only)
                    36     VPCI/VCI assignment failure (UNI3.1 only)
                    81     invalid call reference value
                    82     identified channel does not exist
                    89     invalid endpoint reference
                    96     mandatory information element is missing
                    97     message type non-existent or not
                           implemented
                    99     information element non-existent or not
                           implemented
                    100    invalid information element contents
                    101    message not compatible with call state
                    104    incorrect message length
                    111    protocol error, unspecified

                    NOTE:  For this counter, RELEASE COMPLETE
                    messages that are a reply to a previous RELEASE
                    message and contain the same cause value, are
                    redundant (for counting purposes) and should not
                    be counted."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 12 }

          atmSigDetectClgPtyEvents    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of Calling Party Events detected on this
                 interface.  This counter monitors error events that
                 occur due to the originating user doing something
                 wrong.  This counter is incremented when a RELEASE,

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 46]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 RELEASE COMPLETE (only when not preceded by a RELEASE
                 mesg for the same call), ADD PARTY REJECT, or STATUS
                 message that contains one of the following cause code
                 values is received (Note: These cause values apply to
                 both UNI3.0 and UNI3.1):

                 Cause Value     Meaning

                    28     invalid number format (address incomplete)
                    43     access information discarded
                    57     bearer capability not authorized
                    65     bearer capability not implemented
                    73     unsupported combination of traffic
                           parameters
                    78     AAL parameters cannot be supported (UNI3.1
                           only)
                    91     invalid transit network selection
                    93     AAL parameters cannot be supported (UNI3.0
                           only)

                    NOTE:  For this counter, RELEASE COMPLETE
                    messages that are a reply to a previous RELEASE
                    message and contain the same cause value, are
                    redundant (for counting purposes) and should not
                    be counted."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 13 }

          atmSigEmitClgPtyEvents    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of Calling Party Events transmitted from this
                 interface.  This counter monitors error events that
                 occur due to the originating user doing something
                 wrong.  This counter is incremented when a RELEASE,
                 RELEASE COMPLETE (only when not preceded by a RELEASE
                 mesg for the same call), ADD PARTY REJECT, or STATUS
                 message that contains one of the following cause code
                 values is transmitted (Note: These cause values apply
                 to both UNI3.0 and UNI3.1):

                 Cause Value     Meaning

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 47]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                    28     invalid number format (address incomplete)
                    43     access information discarded
                    57     bearer capability not authorized
                    65     bearer capability not implemented
                    73     unsupported combination of traffic
                           parameters
                    78     AAL parameters cannot be supported (UNI3.1
                           only)
                    91     invalid transit network selection
                    93     AAL parameters cannot be supported (UNI3.0
                           only)

                    NOTE:  For this counter, RELEASE COMPLETE
                    messages that are a reply to a previous RELEASE
                    message and contain the same cause value, are
                    redundant (for counting purposes) and should not
                    be counted."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 14 }

          atmSigDetectTimerExpireds    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of Timer Expiries detected on this interface.
                 The Timer Expiries Counter provides a count of network
                 timer expiries, and to some extent, host or switch
                 timer expiries.  The conditions for incrementing this
                 counter are:
                    - Expiry of any network timer

                    - Receipt of a RELEASE or RELEASE COMPLETE
                      message with Cause #102, 'recovery on
                      timer expiry'.

                 NOTE:  For this counter, RELEASE COMPLETE messages
                 that are a reply to a previous RELEASE message and
                 contain the same cause value, are redundant (for
                 counting purposes) and should not be counted."

              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 15 }

          atmSigEmitTimerExpireds    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 48]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of Timer Expiries transmitted from this
                 interface.  The Timer Expiries Counter provides a count
                 of network timer expiries, and to some extent, host or
                 switch timer expiries.  The conditions for incrementing
                 this counter are:
                    - Expiry of any network timer

                    - Receipt of a RELEASE or RELEASE COMPLETE
                      message with Cause #102, 'recovery on
                      timer expiry'.

                 NOTE:  For this counter, RELEASE COMPLETE messages
                 that are a reply to a previous RELEASE message and
                 contain the same cause value, are redundant (for
                 counting purposes) and should not be counted."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 16 }

          atmSigDetectRestarts    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of Restart Activity errors detected on this
                 interface.  The Restart Activity Counter provides a
                 count of host, switch, or network restart activity.
                 This counter is incremented when receiving a RESTART
                 message."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 17 }

          atmSigEmitRestarts    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of Restart Activity errors transmitted from
                 this interface.  The Restart Activity Counter provides
                 a count of host, switch, or network restart activity.
                 This counter is incremented when transmitting a RESTART
                 message."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 18 }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 49]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          atmSigInEstabls    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of SVC VCCs established at this signalling
                 entity for incoming connections."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 19 }

          atmSigOutEstabls    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Number of SVC VCCs established at this signalling
                 entity for outgoing connections."
              ::= { atmSigStatEntry 20 }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 50]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          -- 4. ATM Interface Signalling Support Table
          --
          -- This table provides information to support
          -- the signalling process which is used to establish
          -- ATM Switched Virtual Connections (SVCs).

          atmSigSupportTable       OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmSigSupportEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This table contains ATM local interface configuration
                 parameters, one entry per ATM signalling interface."
              ::= { atm2MIBObjects 4 }

          atmSigSupportEntry         OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmSigSupportEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This list contains signalling configuration parameters
                 and state variables."
              INDEX { ifIndex }
              ::= { atmSigSupportTable  1}

          AtmSigSupportEntry    ::= SEQUENCE  {
              atmSigSupportClgPtyNumDel       INTEGER,
              atmSigSupportClgPtySubAddr      INTEGER,
              atmSigSupportCldPtySubAddr      INTEGER,
              atmSigSupportHiLyrInfo          INTEGER,
              atmSigSupportLoLyrInfo          INTEGER,
              atmSigSupportBlliRepeatInd      INTEGER,
              atmSigSupportAALInfo            INTEGER,
              atmSigSupportPrefCarrier        OCTET STRING
                   }

          atmSigSupportClgPtyNumDel     OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  { enabled(1), disabled(2) }
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This object indicates whether the Calling Party Number
                 Information Element is transferred to the called party
                 address.  The value of this object can be:

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 51]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                   - enabled(1)  This Information Element is transferred
                                 to the called party

                   - disabled(2) This Information Element is NOT
                                 transferred to the called party."
              ::= { atmSigSupportEntry 1 }

          atmSigSupportClgPtySubAddr   OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  { enabled(1), disabled(2) }
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This object indicates whether to accept and transfer
                 the Calling Party Subaddress Information Element from
                 the calling party to the called party.  Calling party
                 subaddress information shall only be transferred to the
                 called party if calling party number delivery is
                 enabled (i.e., atmSigSupportClgPtyNumDel =
                 'enabled(1)'.  The value of this object can be:
                   - enabled(1)  This Information Element is transferred
                                 to the called party

                   - disabled(2) This Information Element is NOT
                                 transferred to the called party."
              ::= { atmSigSupportEntry 2 }

          atmSigSupportCldPtySubAddr    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  { enabled(1), disabled(2) }
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This object indicates whether to accept, transfer, and
                 deliver the Called Party Subaddress Information Element
                 from the calling party to the called party.  The value
                 of this object can be:
                   - enabled(1)  This Information Element is transferred
                                 to the called party

                   - disabled(2) This Information Element is NOT
                                 transferred to the called party."
              ::= { atmSigSupportEntry 3 }

          atmSigSupportHiLyrInfo     OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  { enabled(1), disabled(2) }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 52]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This object indicates whether to accept, transfer, and
                 deliver the Broadband High Layer Information Element
                 from the calling party to the called party.  The value
                 of this object can be:
                   - enabled(1)  This Information Element is transferred
                                 to the called party

                   - disabled(2) This Information Element is NOT
                                 transferred to the called party."
              ::= { atmSigSupportEntry 4 }

          atmSigSupportLoLyrInfo     OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  { enabled(1), disabled(2) }
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This object indicates whether to accept, transfer, and
                 deliver the Broadband Low Layer Information Element
                 from the calling party to the called party.  The value
                 of this object can be:
                   - enabled(1)  This Information Element is transferred
                                 to the called party

                   - disabled(2) This Information Element is NOT
                                 transferred to the called party."
              ::= { atmSigSupportEntry 5 }

          atmSigSupportBlliRepeatInd      OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  { enabled(1), disabled(2) }
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This object indicates whether to accept, transfer, and
                 deliver the Broadband Repeat Indicator with two or
                 three instances of the Broadband Low Layer Information
                 Element for low layer information selection from the
                 calling party to the called party.  This object shall
                 only be transferred if atmSigSupportLoLyrInfo =
                 'enabled(1)'.  The value of this object can be:
                   - enabled(1)  This Information Element is transferred
                                 to the called party

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 53]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                   - disabled(2) This Information Element is NOT
                                 transferred to the called party."
              ::= { atmSigSupportEntry 6 }

          atmSigSupportAALInfo     OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  { enabled(1), disabled(2) }
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This object indicates whether to accept, transfer, and
                 deliver the ATM Adaptation Layer Parameters Information
                 Element from the calling party to the called party.
                 The value of this object can be:
                   - enabled(1)  This Information Element is transferred
                                 to the called party

                   - disabled(2) This Information Element is NOT
                                 transferred to the called party."
              ::= { atmSigSupportEntry 7 }

          atmSigSupportPrefCarrier     OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       OCTET STRING
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This parameter identifies the carrier to which
                 intercarrier calls originated from this interface are
                 routed when transit network selection information is
                 not provided by the calling party.  If a Carrier
                 Identification Code (CIC) is used the parameter shall
                 contain the CIC.  For three-digit CICs, the first octet
                 shall be '0' and the CIC is contained in the three
                 following octets.  If the preferred carrier feature is
                 not supported the value is a zero-length string."
              ::= { atmSigSupportEntry 8 }

          -- 5. ATM Signalling Descriptor Parameter Table

              atmSigDescrParamTable     OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmSigDescrParamEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 54]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                      "A table contains signalling capabilities of VCLs
                      except the Traffic Descriptor.  Traffic
                      descriptors are described in the
                      atmTrafficDescrParamTable."
                  REFERENCE
                      "ATM Forum User-Network Interface Specification,
                      Version 3.1, Section 5.4.5 Variable Length
                      Information Elements."
                  ::= { atm2MIBObjects 5 }

              atmSigDescrParamEntry        OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmSigDescrParamEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "Each entry in this table represents a set of
                      signalling capabilities that can be applied to a
                      VCL.  There is no requirement for unique entries,
                      except that the index must be unique.  Objects
                      atmSigDescrParamRowStatus is required during
                      creation."
                  INDEX { atmSigDescrParamIndex }
                  ::= { atmSigDescrParamTable 1 }

              AtmSigDescrParamEntry ::=
                  SEQUENCE {
                      atmSigDescrParamIndex
                                             AtmSigDescrParamIndex,
                      atmSigDescrParamAalType         INTEGER,
                      atmSigDescrParamAalSscsType     INTEGER,
                      atmSigDescrParamBhliType        INTEGER,
                      atmSigDescrParamBhliInfo        OCTET STRING,
                      atmSigDescrParamBbcConnConf     INTEGER,
                      atmSigDescrParamBlliLayer2      INTEGER,
                      atmSigDescrParamBlliLayer3      INTEGER,
                      atmSigDescrParamBlliPktSize     INTEGER,
                      atmSigDescrParamBlliSnapId      INTEGER,
                      atmSigDescrParamBlliOuiPid      OCTET STRING,
                      atmSigDescrParamRowStatus       RowStatus
                  }

              atmSigDescrParamIndex OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmSigDescrParamIndex
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 55]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The value of this object is used by the
                      atmVclGenSigDescrIndex object in the
                      atmVclGenTable to identify a row in this table."
                  ::= { atmSigDescrParamEntry 1 }

               atmSigDescrParamAalType OBJECT-TYPE
                   SYNTAX       INTEGER {
                      other(1),      -- not defined
                      aal1(2),       -- AAL type 1
                      aal34(3),      -- AAL type 3/4
                      aal5(4),       -- AAL type 5
                      userDefined(5) -- User-Defined AAL
                      }
                   MAX-ACCESS   read-create
                   STATUS       current
                   DESCRIPTION
                      "The AAL type.  The value of this object is set to
                      other(1) when not defined."
                   DEFVAL { other }
                   ::= { atmSigDescrParamEntry 2 }

               atmSigDescrParamAalSscsType OBJECT-TYPE
                   SYNTAX       INTEGER {
                      other(1),       -- other, or not used
                      assured(2),     -- Data SSCS based on SSCOP
                                      -- assured operation
                      nonassured(3),  -- Data SSCS based on SSCOP
                                      -- non-assured operation
                      frameRelay(4),  -- frame relay SSCS
                      null(5)         -- null
                      }
                   MAX-ACCESS   read-create
                   STATUS       current
                   DESCRIPTION
                      "The SSCS type used by this entry."
                   DEFVAL { other }
                   ::= { atmSigDescrParamEntry 3 }

               atmSigDescrParamBhliType OBJECT-TYPE
                   SYNTAX       INTEGER {
                      other(1),         -- not defined
                      iso(2),           -- ISO

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 56]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                      user(3),          -- User specific
                      hiProfile(4),     -- Higher layer profile
                                        -- this enum applicable to
                                        -- UNI 3.0 only
                      vendorSpecific(5) -- Vender specific
                                        -- application identifier
                      }
                   MAX-ACCESS   read-create
                   STATUS       current
                   DESCRIPTION
                      "The Broadband high layer type."
                   DEFVAL { other }
                   ::= { atmSigDescrParamEntry 4 }

               atmSigDescrParamBhliInfo OBJECT-TYPE
                   SYNTAX     OCTET STRING (SIZE(0..7))
                   MAX-ACCESS read-create
                   STATUS     current
                   DESCRIPTION
                      "The Broadband high layer information.  When
                      atmSigDescrParamBhliType is set to iso(2), the
                      value of this object is a zero length string.
                      When atmSigDescrParamBhliType is set to
                      hiProfile(4), the value of this object is a length
                      of 4 octet string containing user to user profile
                      identifier.  When atmSigDescrParamBhliType is set
                      to    vendorSpecific(4), the value of this object
                      is a length of 7 octet string.  The most
                      significant 3 octets consist of a globally-
                      administered OUI, the least significant 4 octets
                      are the vender administered application OUI."
                   DEFVAL { ''H }
                   ::= { atmSigDescrParamEntry 5 }

               atmSigDescrParamBbcConnConf OBJECT-TYPE
                   SYNTAX       INTEGER {
                       ptp(1),   -- point-to-point
                       ptmp(2)   -- point-to-multipoint
                       }
                   MAX-ACCESS   read-create
                   STATUS       current
                   DESCRIPTION
                      "The Broadband bearer capability user plane
                      connection configuration parameter."

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 57]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                   ::= { atmSigDescrParamEntry 6 }

                atmSigDescrParamBlliLayer2 OBJECT-TYPE
                    SYNTAX       INTEGER {
                       other(1),        -- not specified
                       iso1745(2),      -- Basic mode ISO 1745
                       q921(3),         -- CCITT Recommendation Q.921
                       x25linklayer(4), -- CCITT Recommendation X.25
                                        -- Link Layer
                       x25multilink(5), -- CCITT Recommendation X.25
                                        -- Multilink
                       lapb(6),         -- Extended LAPB; for half
                                        -- duplex operation
                       hdlcArm(7),      -- HDLC ARM (ISO 4335)
                       hdlcNrm(8),      -- HDLC NRM (ISO 4335)
                       hdlcAbm(9),      -- HDLC ABM (ISO 4335)
                       iso88022(10),    -- LAN logical link control
                                        -- (ISO 8802/2)
                       x75slp(11),      -- CCITT Recommendation X.75,
                                        -- single link
                                        -- procedure (SLP)
                       q922(12),        -- CCITT Recommendation Q.922
                       userDef(13),     -- User specified
                       iso7776(14)      -- ISO 7776 DTE-DTE operation
                       }
                    MAX-ACCESS   read-create
                    STATUS       current
                    DESCRIPTION
                      "The Broadband low layer information, protocol
                      type of layer 2.  The value of this object is
                      other(1) if layer 2 protocol is not used."
                    DEFVAL { other }
                    ::= { atmSigDescrParamEntry 7 }

                atmSigDescrParamBlliLayer3 OBJECT-TYPE
                    SYNTAX       INTEGER {
                       other(1),       -- not specified
                       x25pkt(2),      -- CCITT Recommendation X.25
                                       -- packet layer
                       isoiec8208(3),  -- ISO/IEC 8208 (X.25 packet
                                       -- level protocol for data
                                       -- terminal equipment)
                       x223iso8878(4), -- X.223/ISO 8878
                       isoiec8473(5),  -- ISO/IEC 8473 OSI

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 58]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                                       -- connectionless
                                       -- mode protocol
                       t70(6),         -- CCITT Recommendation T.70
                                       -- minimum
                                       -- network layer
                       tr9577(7),      -- ISO/IEC TR 9577 Protocol
                                       -- Identification in the
                                       -- network layer
                       userDef(8)      -- user specified
                       }
                    MAX-ACCESS   read-create
                    STATUS       current
                    DESCRIPTION
                      "The Broadband low layer information, protocol
                      type of layer 3.  The value of this object is
                      other(1) if layer 3 protocol is not used."
                    DEFVAL { other }
                    ::= { atmSigDescrParamEntry 8 }

                atmSigDescrParamBlliPktSize OBJECT-TYPE
                    SYNTAX       INTEGER {
                       other(1),        -- not used
                       s16(2),          -- 16 octets
                       s32(3),          -- 32 octets
                       s64(4),          -- 64 octets
                       s128(5),         -- 128 octets
                       s256(6),         -- 256 octets
                       s512(7),         -- 512 octets
                       s1024(8),        -- 1028 octets
                       s2048(9),        -- 2048 octets
                       s4096(10)        -- 4096 octets
                    }
                    MAX-ACCESS   read-create
                    STATUS       current
                    DESCRIPTION
                      "The default packet size defined in B-LLI."
                    DEFVAL { other }
                    ::= { atmSigDescrParamEntry 9 }

                atmSigDescrParamBlliSnapId OBJECT-TYPE
                    SYNTAX       INTEGER {
                       other(1),  -- not used
                       true(2),   -- SNAP ID is 1
                       false(3)   -- SNAP ID is 0

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 59]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                    }
                    MAX-ACCESS   read-create
                    STATUS       current
                    DESCRIPTION
                      "The SNAP ID used for Broadband low layer protocol
                      layer 3.  The value of this object is other(1) if
                      atmSigDescrParamBlliLayer3 is set to other(1)."
                    DEFVAL { other }
                    ::= { atmSigDescrParamEntry 10 }

                atmSigDescrParamBlliOuiPid OBJECT-TYPE
                    SYNTAX       OCTET STRING (SIZE(0..5))
                    MAX-ACCESS   read-create
                    STATUS       current
                    DESCRIPTION
                      "The OUI/PID encoding for Broadband low layer
                      protocol layer 3.  The value of this object is a
                      zero length string if atmSigDescrParamBlliLayer3
                      is set to none(1).  When used, it is always 5
                      octets with the most significant octet as the OUI
                      Octet 1 and the least significant octet as the PID
                      Octet 2."
                    DEFVAL { ''H }
                    ::= { atmSigDescrParamEntry 11 }

                 atmSigDescrParamRowStatus OBJECT-TYPE
                     SYNTAX       RowStatus
                     MAX-ACCESS   read-create
                     STATUS       current
                     DESCRIPTION
                      "This object is used to create and delete rows in
                      the atmSigDescrParamTable. Writable values are:
                      -'createAndWait' which allows manager to create an
                      entry first and fill in the parameters later.
                      -'active' which allows manager to set the entry to
                      be available to users.  -'destroy' which allows
                      manager to delete an entry from this table.
                      Readable values are: -'createAndWait' which means
                      the entry is created but not available to be used.
                      -'active' means it is active and ready to be used
                      by agent or manager."
                     ::= { atmSigDescrParamEntry 12 }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 60]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          --
          -- 6. ATM Interface Registered Address Table
          --

          atmIfRegisteredAddrTable    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmIfRegisteredAddrEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This table contains a list of ATM addresses that can
                 be used for calls to and from a given interface by a
                 switch or service.  The ATM addresses are either
                 registered by the endsystem via ILMI or statically
                 configured.  This table does not expose PNNI
                 reachability information.  ILMI registered addresses
                 cannot be deleted using this table.  This table only
                 applies to switches and network services."
              ::= { atm2MIBObjects 6 }

          atmIfRegisteredAddrEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmIfRegisteredAddrEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "An entry in the ATM Interface Registered Address
                 table."
              INDEX { ifIndex, atmIfRegAddrAddress }
              ::= { atmIfRegisteredAddrTable  1}

          AtmIfRegisteredAddrEntry    ::= SEQUENCE  {
              atmIfRegAddrAddress             AtmAddr,
              atmIfRegAddrAddressSource       INTEGER,
              atmIfRegAddrOrgScope            INTEGER,
              atmIfRegAddrRowStatus           RowStatus
                   }

          atmIfRegAddrAddress   OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmAddr
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "An address registered for a given switch or service
                 interface."
              ::= { atmIfRegisteredAddrEntry 1}

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 61]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          atmIfRegAddrAddressSource  OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  {
                 other(1),
                 static(2),
                 dynamic(3)
                 }
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The type of address source for a given ATM Address.
                 The value dynamic(3) is indicated when ILMI is used."
              ::= { atmIfRegisteredAddrEntry 2}

          atmIfRegAddrOrgScope  OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER {
                  localNetwork(1),
                  localNetworkPlusOne(2),
                  localNetworkPlusTwo(3),
                  siteMinusOne(4),
                  intraSite(5),
                  sitePlusOne(6),
                  organizationMinusOne(7),
                  intraOrganization(8),
                  organizationPlusOne(9),
                  communityMinusOne(10),
                  intraCommunity(11),
                  communityPlusOne(12),
                  regional(13),
                  interRegional(14),
                  global(15)
              }
              MAX-ACCESS   read-create
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                  "This object indicates the organizational scope for
                  the referenced address.  The information of the
                  referenced address shall not be distributed outside
                  the indicated scope.   Refer to Annex 5.3 of ATM
                  Forum UNI Signalling 4.0 for guidelines regarding
                  the use of organizational scopes.

                  This value cannot be configured for ILMI-registered
                  addresses.

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 62]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                  The default values for organizational scope are
                  localNetwork(1) for ATM group addresses, and
                  global(15) for individual addresses."
              ::= { atmIfRegisteredAddrEntry 3}

          atmIfRegAddrRowStatus OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       RowStatus
              MAX-ACCESS   read-create
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is used to create and delete rows in the
                 atmIfRegisteredAddrTable.  Rows created dynamically
                 (e.g., ILMI-registered addresses) cannot be deleted
                 using this object."
              ::= { atmIfRegisteredAddrEntry 4}

          -- 7. ATM VPI/VCI to Address Mapping Table

              atmVclAddrTable  OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmVclAddrEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "This table provides a mapping between the
                      atmVclTable and the ATM called party/calling party
                      address.  This table can be used to retrieve the
                      calling party and called party ATM address pair
                      for a given Vcl.  Note that there can be more than
                      one pair of calling party and called party ATM
                      addresses for a VCL in a point to multi-point
                      call."
                  ::= { atm2MIBObjects 7 }

              atmVclAddrEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmVclAddrEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "Each entry in this table represents a binding
                      between a VCL and an ATM address associated with
                      this call.  This ATM address can be either the
                      called party address or the calling party address.
                      There can be more than one pair of calling/called

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 63]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                      party ATM addresses associated with the VCL entry
                      for point to multi-point calls.  Objects
                      atmVclAddrAddr, atmVclAddrType, and
                      atmVclAddrRowStatus are required during row
                      creation."
                  INDEX  { ifIndex, atmVclVpi, atmVclVci,
                           atmVclAddrAddr }
                  ::= { atmVclAddrTable 1 }

              AtmVclAddrEntry ::=
                  SEQUENCE {
                      atmVclAddrAddr          AtmAddr,
                      atmVclAddrType          INTEGER,
                      atmVclAddrRowStatus     RowStatus
                  }

              atmVclAddrAddr     OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmAddr
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "An ATM address on one end of the VCL.  For SVCs,
                      the agent supplies the value of this object at
                      creation time.  For PVCs, manager can supply the
                      value of this object during or after the PVC
                      creation."
                  ::= { atmVclAddrEntry 1 }

             atmVclAddrType     OBJECT-TYPE
                 SYNTAX       INTEGER {
                     callingParty(1),
                     calledParty(2)
                 }
                 MAX-ACCESS   read-create
                 STATUS       current
                 DESCRIPTION
                      "The type of ATM Address represented by the object
                      atmVclAddrAddr.  Choices are either the calling
                      party ATM address or the called party ATM
                      address."
                 ::= { atmVclAddrEntry 2 }

             atmVclAddrRowStatus     OBJECT-TYPE

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 64]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 SYNTAX       RowStatus
                 MAX-ACCESS   read-create
                 STATUS       current
                 DESCRIPTION
                      "This object is used to create or destroy an entry
                      from this table."
                 ::= { atmVclAddrEntry 3 }

          -- 8. ATM Address to VPI/VCI Mapping Table
          --
          -- This table provides an alternative way to access
          -- a row in the atmVclAddrTable by using
          -- an ATM address as an index, instead of
          -- the ifIndex

              atmAddrVclTable   OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmAddrVclEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "This table provides an alternative way to
                      retrieve the atmVclTable.  This table can be used
                      to retrieve the indexing to the atmVclTable by an
                      ATM address."
                  ::= { atm2MIBObjects 8 }

              atmAddrVclEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmAddrVclEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "Each entry in this table represents an entry in
                      the atmVclTable of the ATM-MIB [1] by its ATM
                      address.  The ATM address is either the calling or
                      called party ATM address of the call.  Entries in
                      this table are read only.  They show up when
                      entries are created in the atmVclAddrTable."
                  INDEX { atmVclAddrAddr, atmAddrVclAtmIfIndex,
                          atmAddrVclVpi, atmAddrVclVci }
                  ::= { atmAddrVclTable 1 }

              AtmAddrVclEntry ::=
                  SEQUENCE {

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 65]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                      atmAddrVclAtmIfIndex    InterfaceIndex,
                      atmAddrVclVpi           AtmVpIdentifier,
                      atmAddrVclVci           AtmVcIdentifier,
                      atmAddrVclAddrType      INTEGER
                      }

              atmAddrVclAtmIfIndex     OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       InterfaceIndex
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The interface index of the ATM interface to which
                      this VCL pertains.  This object combined with the
                      atmAddrVclVpi and atmAddrVclVci objects serves as
                      an index to the atmVclTable."
                  ::= { atmAddrVclEntry 1 }

              atmAddrVclVpi     OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmVpIdentifier
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The VPI value of the VCL.  This object combined
                      with the atmAddrVclAtmIfIndex and atmAddrVclVci
                      objects serves as an index to the atmVclTable."
                  ::= { atmAddrVclEntry 2 }

              atmAddrVclVci     OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmVcIdentifier
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The VCI value of the VCL.  This object combined
                      with the atmAddrVclAtmIfIndex and atmAddrVclVpi
                      objects serves as an index to the atmVclTable."
                  ::= { atmAddrVclEntry 3 }

             atmAddrVclAddrType     OBJECT-TYPE
                 SYNTAX       INTEGER {
                     callingParty(1),
                     calledParty(2) }
                 MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                 STATUS       current
                 DESCRIPTION

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 66]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                      "The type of ATM Address represented by the object
                      atmVclAddrAddr.  Choices are either calling party
                      address or called party address."
                 ::= { atmAddrVclEntry 4 }

          -- 9. ATM VPL Statistics Table

              atmVplStatTable   OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmVplStatEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "This table contains all statistic counters per
                      VPL.  It is used to monitor the usage of the VPL
                      in terms of incoming cells and outgoing cells."
                  ::= { atm2MIBObjects 9 }

              atmVplStatEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmVplStatEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "Each entry in this table represents a VPL."
                  INDEX { ifIndex, atmVplVpi }
                  ::= { atmVplStatTable 1 }

              AtmVplStatEntry ::=
                  SEQUENCE {
                      atmVplStatTotalCellIns      Counter32,
                      atmVplStatClp0CellIns       Counter32,
                      atmVplStatTotalDiscards     Counter32,
                      atmVplStatClp0Discards      Counter32,
                      atmVplStatTotalCellOuts     Counter32,
                      atmVplStatClp0CellOuts      Counter32,
                      atmVplStatTaggedOuts        Counter32
              }

              atmVplStatTotalCellIns OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The total number of valid ATM cells received by

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 67]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                      this VPL including both CLP=0 and CLP=1 cells.
                      The cells are counted prior to the application of
                      the traffic policing."
                  ::= { atmVplStatEntry 1 }

              atmVplStatClp0CellIns OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The number of valid ATM cells received by this
                      VPL with CLP=0.  The cells are counted prior to
                      the application of the traffic policing."
                  ::= { atmVplStatEntry 2 }

              atmVplStatTotalDiscards OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The total number of valid ATM cells discarded by
                      the traffic policing entity.  This includes cells
                      originally received with CLP=0 and CLP=1."
                  ::= { atmVplStatEntry 3 }

              atmVplStatClp0Discards OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The total number of valid ATM cells received with
                      CLP=0 an  discarded by the traffic policing
                      entity."
                  ::= { atmVplStatEntry 4 }

              atmVplStatTotalCellOuts OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The total number of valid ATM cells transmitted
                      by this VPL.  This includes both CLP=0 and CLP=1
                      cells."
                  ::= { atmVplStatEntry 5 }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 68]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              atmVplStatClp0CellOuts OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The total number of valid ATM cells transmitted
                      with CLP=0 by this VPL."
                  ::= { atmVplStatEntry 6 }

              atmVplStatTaggedOuts OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The total number of valid ATM cells tagged by the
                      traffic policing entity from CLP=0 to CLP=1 and
                      transmitted by this VPL."
                  ::= { atmVplStatEntry 7 }

          -- 10. ATM Logical Port Configuration Table

              atmVplLogicalPortTable OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmVplLogicalPortEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "Indicates whether the VPL is an ATM Logical Port
                      interface (ifType=80)."
                  ::= { atm2MIBObjects 10 }

              atmVplLogicalPortEntry OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmVplLogicalPortEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "An entry with information about the ATM Logical
                      Port interface."
                  AUGMENTS { atmVplEntry }
                  ::= { atmVplLogicalPortTable 1 }

              AtmVplLogicalPortEntry ::=
                  SEQUENCE {

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 69]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                      atmVplLogicalPortDef        INTEGER,
                      atmVplLogicalPortIndex      InterfaceIndexOrZero
                      }

              atmVplLogicalPortDef   OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       INTEGER {
                                  notLogicalIf(1),
                                  isLogicalIf(2)
                                  }
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-create
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "Indicates whether the VPC at this VPL interface
                      is an ATM Logical Port interface."
                  DEFVAL { notLogicalIf }
                  ::= { atmVplLogicalPortEntry 1 }

              atmVplLogicalPortIndex OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       InterfaceIndexOrZero
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The ifTable index of the ATM logical port
                      interface associated with this VPL. The
                      distinguished value of zero indicates that the
                      agent has not (yet) assigned such an ifTable
                      Index. The zero value must be assigned by the
                      agent if the value of atmVplLogicalPortDef is set
                      to notLogicalIf, or if the VPL row is not active."
                  ::= { atmVplLogicalPortEntry 2 }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 70]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          -- 11. ATM VCL Statistics Table

              atmVclStatTable   OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmVclStatEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "This table contains all statistic counters per
                      VCL.  It is used to monitor the usage of the VCL
                      in terms of incoming cells and outgoing cells."
                  ::= { atm2MIBObjects 11 }

              atmVclStatEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmVclStatEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "Each entry in this table represents a VCL."
                  INDEX { ifIndex, atmVclVpi, atmVclVci }
                  ::= { atmVclStatTable 1 }

              AtmVclStatEntry ::=
                  SEQUENCE {
                      atmVclStatTotalCellIns      Counter32,
                      atmVclStatClp0CellIns       Counter32,
                      atmVclStatTotalDiscards     Counter32,
                      atmVclStatClp0Discards      Counter32,
                      atmVclStatTotalCellOuts     Counter32,
                      atmVclStatClp0CellOuts      Counter32,
                      atmVclStatTaggedOuts        Counter32
                  }

              atmVclStatTotalCellIns OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The total number of valid ATM cells received by
                      this VCL including both CLP=0 and CLP=1 cells.
                      The cells are counted prior to the application of
                      the traffic policing."
                  ::= { atmVclStatEntry 1 }

              atmVclStatClp0CellIns OBJECT-TYPE

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 71]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The number of valid ATM cells received by this
                      VCL with CLP=0.  The cells are counted prior to
                      the application of the traffic policing."
                  ::= { atmVclStatEntry 2 }

              atmVclStatTotalDiscards OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The total number of valid ATM cells discarded by
                      the traffic policing entity.  This includes cells
                      originally received with CLP=0 and CLP=1."
                  ::= { atmVclStatEntry 3 }

              atmVclStatClp0Discards OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The total number of valid ATM cells received with
                      CLP=0 an  discarded by the traffic policing
                      entity."
                  ::= { atmVclStatEntry 4 }

              atmVclStatTotalCellOuts OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The total number of valid ATM cells transmitted
                      by this VCL.  This includes both CLP=0 and CLP=1
                      cells."
                  ::= { atmVclStatEntry 5 }

              atmVclStatClp0CellOuts OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 72]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                      "The total number of valid ATM cells transmitted
                      with CLP=0 by this VCL."
                  ::= { atmVclStatEntry 6 }

              atmVclStatTaggedOuts OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The total number of valid ATM cells tagged by the
                      traffic policing entity from CLP=0 to CLP=1 and
                      transmitted by this VCL."
                  ::= { atmVclStatEntry 7 }

          -- 12. ATM AAL5 per VCC Statistics Table

              atmAal5VclStatTable   OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmAal5VclStatEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "This table provides a collection of objects
                      providing AAL5 configuration and performance
                      statistics of a VCL."
                  ::= { atm2MIBObjects 12 }

              atmAal5VclStatEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmAal5VclStatEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "Each entry in this table represents a VCL."
                  INDEX { ifIndex, atmVclVpi, atmVclVci }
                  ::= { atmAal5VclStatTable 1 }

              AtmAal5VclStatEntry ::=
                  SEQUENCE {
                     atmAal5VclInPkts        Counter32,
                     atmAal5VclOutPkts       Counter32,
                     atmAal5VclInOctets      Counter32,
                     atmAal5VclOutOctets     Counter32
                  }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 73]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              atmAal5VclInPkts      OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The number of AAL5 CPCS PDUs received on the AAL5
                      VCC at the interface identified by the ifIndex."
                  ::= { atmAal5VclStatEntry 1 }

              atmAal5VclOutPkts   OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The number of AAL5 CPCS PDUs transmitted on the
                      AAL5 VCC at the interface identified by the
                      ifIndex."
                  ::= { atmAal5VclStatEntry 2 }

              atmAal5VclInOctets   OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The number of octets contained in AAL5 CPCS PDUs
                      received on the AAL5 VCC at the interface
                      identified by the ifIndex."
                  ::= { atmAal5VclStatEntry 3 }

              atmAal5VclOutOctets   OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       Counter32
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-only
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The number of octets contained in AAL5 CPCS PDUs
                      transmitted on the AAL5 VCC at the interface
                      identified by the ifIndex."
                  ::= { atmAal5VclStatEntry 4 }

          -- 13. ATM VC General Information Table

              atmVclGenTable OBJECT-TYPE

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 74]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                  SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmVclGenEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "General Information for each VC."
                  ::= { atm2MIBObjects 13 }

              atmVclGenEntry OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmVclGenEntry
                  MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "An entry with general information about the ATM
                      VC."
                  AUGMENTS { atmVclEntry }
                  ::= { atmVclGenTable 1 }

              AtmVclGenEntry ::=
                  SEQUENCE {
                    atmVclGenSigDescrIndex      AtmSigDescrParamIndex
          }

              atmVclGenSigDescrIndex   OBJECT-TYPE
                  SYNTAX       AtmSigDescrParamIndex
                  MAX-ACCESS   read-create
                  STATUS       current
                  DESCRIPTION
                      "The value of this object identifies the row in
                      the ATM Signalling Descriptor Parameter Table
                      which applies to this VCL."
                  ::= { atmVclGenEntry 1 }

          -- 14. ATM Interface Configuration Extension Table

          atmInterfaceExtTable    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmInterfaceExtEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This table contains ATM interface configuration and

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 75]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 monitoring information not defined in the
                 atmInterfaceConfTable from the ATM-MIB [1].  This
                 includes the type of connection setup procedures, ILMI
                 information, and information on the VPI/VCI range."
              ::= { atm2MIBObjects 14 }

          atmInterfaceExtEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmInterfaceExtEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "An entry extends the atmInterfaceConfEntry defined in
                 [1].  Each entry corresponds to an ATM interface."
              AUGMENTS { atmInterfaceConfEntry }
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtTable 1 }

          AtmInterfaceExtEntry    ::= SEQUENCE  {
                  atmIntfConfigType                   AtmInterfaceType,
                  atmIntfActualType                   AtmInterfaceType,
                  atmIntfConfigSide                   INTEGER,
                  atmIntfActualSide                   INTEGER,
                  atmIntfIlmiAdminStatus              BITS,
                  atmIntfIlmiOperStatus               BITS,
                  atmIntfIlmiFsmState                 INTEGER,
                  atmIntfIlmiEstablishConPollIntvl    Integer32,
                  atmIntfIlmiCheckConPollIntvl        Integer32,
                  atmIntfIlmiConPollInactFactor       Integer32,
                  atmIntfIlmiPublicPrivateIndctr      INTEGER,
                  atmInterfaceConfMaxSvpcVpi          INTEGER,
                  atmInterfaceCurrentMaxSvpcVpi       INTEGER,
                  atmInterfaceConfMaxSvccVpi          INTEGER,
                  atmInterfaceCurrentMaxSvccVpi       INTEGER,
                  atmInterfaceConfMinSvccVci          INTEGER,
                  atmInterfaceCurrentMinSvccVci       INTEGER,
                  atmIntfSigVccRxTrafficDescrIndex
                                             AtmTrafficDescrParamIndex,
                  atmIntfSigVccTxTrafficDescrIndex
                                             AtmTrafficDescrParamIndex,
                  atmIntfPvcFailures                  Counter32,
                  atmIntfCurrentlyFailingPVpls        Gauge32,
                  atmIntfCurrentlyFailingPVcls        Gauge32,
                  atmIntfPvcFailuresTrapEnable        TruthValue,
                  atmIntfPvcNotificationInterval      INTEGER
          }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 76]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          atmIntfConfigType     OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmInterfaceType
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The type of connection setup procedures configured for
                 the ATM interface.  Setting this variable to a value of
                 'other' is not allowed."
              DEFVAL { autoConfig }
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 1 }

          atmIntfActualType     OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmInterfaceType
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The type of connection setup procedures currently
                 being used on the interface.  This may reflect a
                 manually configured value for the interface type, or
                 may be determined by other means such as auto-
                 configuration.  A value of `autoConfig' indicates that
                 auto-configuration was requested but has not yet been
                 completed."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 2 }

          atmIntfConfigSide     OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  {
                               other(1),
                               user(2),
                               network(3) }
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The configured role of the managed entity as one side
                 of the ATM interface.  This value does not apply when
                 the object atmIntfConfigType is set to `autoConfig',
                 `atmfPnni1Dot0', or `atmfBici2Dot0'."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 3 }

          atmIntfActualSide     OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  {
                               other(1),
                               user(2),
                               network(3),

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 77]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                               symmetric(4) }
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The current role used by the managed entity to
                 represent one side of the ATM interface."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 4 }

          atmIntfIlmiAdminStatus    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       BITS { ilmi(0),
                                  ilmiAddressRegistration(1),
                                  ilmiConnectivity(2),
                                  ilmiPvcPvpMgmt(3),
                                  ilmiSigVccParamNegotiation(4) }
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Indicates which components of ILMI are
                 administratively enabled on this interface.  If the
                 'ilmi' bit is not set, then no ILMI components are
                 operational.  ILMI components other than auto-
                 configuration that are not represented in the value
                 have their administrative status determined according
                 to the 'ilmi' bit.  The ILMI auto-configuration
                 component is enabled/disabled by the atmIntfConfigType
                 object."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 5 }

          atmIntfIlmiOperStatus    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       BITS { ilmi(0),
                                  ilmiAddressRegistration(1),
                                  ilmiConnectivity(2),
                                  ilmiPvcPvpMgmt(3),
                                  ilmiSigVccParamNegotiation(4) }
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Indicates which components of ILMI are operational on
                 this interface."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 6 }

          atmIntfIlmiFsmState    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER { stopped(1),
                                     linkFailing(2),

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 78]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                                     establishing(3),
                                     configuring(4),
                                     retrievingNetworkPrefixes(5),
                                     registeringNetworkPrefixes(6),
                                     retrievingAddresses(7),
                                     registeringAddresses(8),
                                     verifying(9) }
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Indicates the state of the ILMI Finite State Machine
                 associated with this interface."
                  REFERENCE
                      "ATM Forum ILMI 4.0 Specification, Appendix 1"
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 7 }

          atmIntfIlmiEstablishConPollIntvl    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Integer32 (1..65535)
              UNITS        "seconds"
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The amount of time S between successive transmissions
                 of ILMI messages on this interface for the purpose of
                 detecting establishment of ILMI connectivity."
              REFERENCE
                 "ATM Forum ILMI 4.0 Section 8.3.1"
              DEFVAL { 1 }
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 8 }

          atmIntfIlmiCheckConPollIntvl    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Integer32 (0..65535)
              UNITS        "seconds"
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The amount of time T between successive transmissions
                 of ILMI messages on this interface for the purpose of
                 detecting loss of ILMI connectivity.  The distinguished
                 value zero disables ILMI connectivity procedures on
                 this interface."
              REFERENCE
                  "ATM Forum ILMI 4.0 Section 8.3.1"
              DEFVAL { 5 }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 79]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 9 }

          atmIntfIlmiConPollInactFactor    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Integer32 (0..65535)
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The number K of consecutive polls on this interface
                 for which no ILMI response message is received before
                 ILMI connectivity is declared lost."
              REFERENCE
                  "ATM Forum ILMI 4.0 Section 8.3.1"
              DEFVAL { 4 }
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 10 }

          atmIntfIlmiPublicPrivateIndctr    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER {
                                     other(1),
                                     public(2),
                                     private(3)
                                     }
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Specifies whether this end of the interface is
                 advertised in ILMI as a device of the `public' or
                 `private' type."
              DEFVAL { private }
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 11 }

          atmInterfaceConfMaxSvpcVpi    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  (0..4095)
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The maximum VPI that the signalling stack on the ATM
                 interface is configured to support for allocation to
                 switched virtual path connections."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 12 }

          atmInterfaceCurrentMaxSvpcVpi    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  (0..4095)
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 80]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              DESCRIPTION
                 "The maximum VPI that the signalling stack on the ATM
                 interface may currently allocate to switched virtual
                 path connections.  This value is the minimum of
                 atmInterfaceConfMaxSvpcVpi, and the
                 atmInterfaceMaxSvpcVpi of the interface's UNI/NNI peer.

                 If the interface does not negotiate with its peer to
                 determine the maximum VPI that can be allocated to
                 SVPCs on the interface, then the value of this object
                 must equal atmInterfaceConfMaxSvpcVpi. "
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 13 }

          atmInterfaceConfMaxSvccVpi    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  (0..4095)
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The maximum VPI that the signalling stack on the ATM
                 interface is configured to support for allocation to
                 switched virtual channel connections."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 14 }

          atmInterfaceCurrentMaxSvccVpi    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  (0..4095)
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The maximum VPI that the signalling stack on the ATM
                 interface may currently allocate to switched virtual
                 channel connections.  This value is the minimum of
                 atmInterfaceConfMaxSvccVpi, and the
                 atmInterfaceConfMaxSvccVpi of the interface's UNI/NNI
                 peer.

                 If the interface does not negotiate with its peer to
                 determine the maximum VPI that can be allocated to
                 SVCCs on the interface, then the value of this object
                 must equal atmInterfaceConfMaxSvccVpi."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 15 }

          atmInterfaceConfMinSvccVci    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  (0..65535)
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 81]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The minimum VCI that the signalling stack on the ATM
                 interface is configured to support for allocation to
                 switched virtual channel connections."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 16 }

          atmInterfaceCurrentMinSvccVci    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER  (0..65535)
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The minimum VCI that the signalling stack on the ATM
                 interface may currently allocate to switched virtual
                 channel connections.  This value is the maximum of
                 atmInterfaceConfMinSvccVci, and the
                 atmInterfaceConfMinSvccVci of the interface's UNI/NNI
                 peer.

                 If the interface does not negotiate with its peer to
                 determine the minimum VCI that can be allocated to
                 SVCCs on the interface, then the value of this object
                 must equal atmInterfaceConfMinSvccVci."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 17 }

          atmIntfSigVccRxTrafficDescrIndex    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmTrafficDescrParamIndex
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This object identifies the row in the
                 atmTrafficDescrParamTable used during ILMI auto-
                 configuration to specify the advertised signalling VCC
                 traffic parameters for the receive direction.

                 The traffic descriptor resulting from ILMI auto-
                 configuration of the signalling VCC is indicated in the
                 atmVclTable."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 18 }

          atmIntfSigVccTxTrafficDescrIndex    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmTrafficDescrParamIndex
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 82]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              DESCRIPTION
                 "This object identifies the row in the
                 atmTrafficDescrParamTable used during ILMI auto-
                 configuration to specify the advertised signalling VCC
                 traffic parameters for the transmit direction.

                 The traffic descriptor resulting from ILMI auto-
                 configuration of the signalling VCC is indicated in the
                 atmVclTable."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 19 }

          atmIntfPvcFailures    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Counter32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The number of times the operational status of a PVPL
                 or PVCL on this interface has gone down."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 20 }

          atmIntfCurrentlyFailingPVpls    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Gauge32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The current number of VPLs on this interface for which
                 there is an active row in the atmVplTable having an
                 atmVplConnKind value of `pvc' and an atmVplOperStatus
                 with a value other than `up'."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 21 }

          atmIntfCurrentlyFailingPVcls    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Gauge32
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The current number of VCLs on this interface for which
                 there is an active row in the atmVclTable having an
                 atmVclConnKind value of `pvc' and an atmVclOperStatus
                 with a value other than `up'."
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 22 }

          atmIntfPvcFailuresTrapEnable    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       TruthValue

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 83]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Allows the generation of traps in response to PVCL or
                 PVPL failures on this interface."
              DEFVAL { false }
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 23 }

          atmIntfPvcNotificationInterval    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER (1..3600)
              UNITS        "seconds"
              MAX-ACCESS   read-write
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The minimum interval between the sending of
                 atmIntfPvcFailuresTrap notifications for this
                 interface."
              DEFVAL { 30 }
              ::= { atmInterfaceExtEntry 24 }

          -- 15. ATM ILMI Service Registry Table

          atmIlmiSrvcRegTable OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmIlmiSrvcRegEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This table contains a list of all the ATM network
                 services known by this device.

                 The characteristics of these services are made
                 available through the ILMI, using the ILMI general-
                 purpose service registry MIB.

                 These services may be made available to all ATM
                 interfaces (atmIlmiSrvcRegIndex = 0) or to some
                 specific ATM interfaces only (atmIlmiSrvcRegIndex = ATM
                 interface index)."
              ::= { atm2MIBObjects 15 }

          atmIlmiSrvcRegEntry OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmIlmiSrvcRegEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 84]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Information about a single service provider that is
                 available to the user-side of an adjacent device
                 through the ILMI."
              INDEX { atmIlmiSrvcRegIndex,
                      atmIlmiSrvcRegServiceID,
                      atmIlmiSrvcRegAddressIndex }
              ::= { atmIlmiSrvcRegTable 1 }

          AtmIlmiSrvcRegEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
                     atmIlmiSrvcRegIndex             InterfaceIndex,
                     atmIlmiSrvcRegServiceID         OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
                     atmIlmiSrvcRegAddressIndex      INTEGER,
                     atmIlmiSrvcRegATMAddress        AtmAddr,
                     atmIlmiSrvcRegParm1             OCTET STRING,
                     atmIlmiSrvcRegRowStatus         RowStatus
                     }

          atmIlmiSrvcRegIndex OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       InterfaceIndex
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The ATM interface where the service defined in this
                 entry can be made available to an ATM device attached
                 to this interface.

                 The value of 0 has a special meaning: when an ATM
                 service is defined in an entry whose
                 atmIlmiSrvcRegIndex is zero, the ATM service is
                 available to ATM devices connected to any ATM
                 interface.  (default value(s)).

                 When the user-side of an adjacent device queries the
                 content of the ILMI service registry MIB (using the
                 ILMI protocol), the local network-side responds with
                 the ATM services defined in atmIlmiSrvcRegTable
                 entries, provided that these entries are indexed by:
                 - the corresponding ifIndex value (atmIlmiSrvcRegIndex
                   equal to the ifIndex of the interface to which the
                   adjacent device is connected)
                 - zero (atmIlmiSrvcRegIndex=0)."
              ::= { atmIlmiSrvcRegEntry 1 }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 85]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          atmIlmiSrvcRegServiceID OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       OBJECT IDENTIFIER
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This is the service identifier which uniquely
                 identifies the type of service at the address provided
                 in the table.  The object identifiers for the LAN
                 Emulation Configuration Server (LECS) and the ATM Name
                 Server (ANS) are defined in the ATM Forum ILMI Service
                 Registry MIB."
              ::= { atmIlmiSrvcRegEntry 2 }

          atmIlmiSrvcRegAddressIndex OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       INTEGER (1..2147483647)
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "An arbitrary integer to differentiate multiple rows
                 containing different ATM addresses for the same service
                 on the same interface.  This number need NOT be the
                 same as the corresponding ILMI atmfSrvcRegAddressIndex
                 MIB object."
              ::= { atmIlmiSrvcRegEntry 3 }

          atmIlmiSrvcRegATMAddress OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmAddr
              MAX-ACCESS   read-create
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This is the full address of the service.  The user-
                 side of the adjacent device may use this address to
                 establish a connection with the service."
              ::= { atmIlmiSrvcRegEntry 4 }

          atmIlmiSrvcRegParm1 OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       OCTET STRING (SIZE(1..255))
              MAX-ACCESS   read-create
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "An octet string used according to the value of
                 atmIlmiSrvcRegServiceID."
              ::= { atmIlmiSrvcRegEntry 5 }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 86]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          atmIlmiSrvcRegRowStatus OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       RowStatus
              MAX-ACCESS   read-create
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is used to create or destroy an entry from
                 this table."
              ::= { atmIlmiSrvcRegEntry 6 }

          -- 16. ILMI Network Prefix Table

          atmIlmiNetworkPrefixTable    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmIlmiNetworkPrefixEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "A table specifying per interface network prefix(es)
                 supplied by the network side of the UNI during ILMI
                 address registration.  When no network prefixes are
                 specified for a particular interface, one or more
                 network prefixes based on the switch address(es) may be
                 used for ILMI address registration."
              ::= { atm2MIBObjects 16 }

          atmIlmiNetworkPrefixEntry OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmIlmiNetworkPrefixEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Information about a single network prefix supplied by
                 the network side of the UNI during ILMI address
                 registration.  Note that the index variable
                 atmIlmiNetPrefixPrefix is a variable-length string, and
                 as such the rule for variable-length strings in section
                 7.7 of RFC 1902 applies."
              INDEX   { ifIndex,
                        atmIlmiNetPrefixPrefix }
              ::= { atmIlmiNetworkPrefixTable 1 }

          AtmIlmiNetworkPrefixEntry ::=
              SEQUENCE {
                     atmIlmiNetPrefixPrefix       AtmIlmiNetworkPrefix,
                     atmIlmiNetPrefixRowStatus    RowStatus
                         }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 87]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          atmIlmiNetPrefixPrefix    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmIlmiNetworkPrefix
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The network prefix specified for use in ILMI address
                 registration."
              ::= { atmIlmiNetworkPrefixEntry 1 }

          atmIlmiNetPrefixRowStatus    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       RowStatus
              MAX-ACCESS   read-create
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Used to create, delete, activate and de-activate
                 network prefixes used in ILMI address registration."
              ::= { atmIlmiNetworkPrefixEntry 2 }

          -- 17. ATM Switch Address Table

          atmSwitchAddressTable    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmSwitchAddressEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This table contains one or more ATM endsystem
                 addresses on a per switch basis.  These addresses are
                 used to identify the switch.  When no ILMI network
                 prefixes are configured for certain interfaces, network
                 prefixes based on the switch address(es) may be used
                 for ILMI address registration."
              ::= { atm2MIBObjects 17 }

          atmSwitchAddressEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmSwitchAddressEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "An entry in the ATM Switch Address table."
              INDEX { atmSwitchAddressIndex }
              ::= { atmSwitchAddressTable 1 }

          AtmSwitchAddressEntry ::=

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 88]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              SEQUENCE {
                         atmSwitchAddressIndex           Integer32,
                         atmSwitchAddressAddress         OCTET STRING,
                         atmSwitchAddressRowStatus       RowStatus
                         }

          atmSwitchAddressIndex   OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       Integer32 (1..65535)
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "An arbitrary index used to enumerate the ATM endsystem
                 addresses for this switch."
              ::= { atmSwitchAddressEntry 1 }

          atmSwitchAddressAddress   OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       OCTET STRING (SIZE(13|20))
              MAX-ACCESS   read-create
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "An ATM endsystem address or address prefix used to
                 identify this switch.  When no ESI or SEL field is
                 specified, the switch may generate the ESI and SEL
                 fields automatically to obtain a complete 20-byte ATM
                 endsystem address."
              ::= { atmSwitchAddressEntry 2 }

          atmSwitchAddressRowStatus OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       RowStatus
              MAX-ACCESS   read-create
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Used to create, delete, activate, and de-activate
                 addresses used to identify this switch."
              ::= { atmSwitchAddressEntry 3 }

          -- 18. ATM VP Cross-Connect Extension Table

          atmVpCrossConnectXTable OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmVpCrossConnectXEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 89]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 "This table contains one row per VP Cross-Connect
                 represented in the atmVpCrossConnectTable."
              ::= { atm2MIBObjects 18 }

          atmVpCrossConnectXEntry       OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmVpCrossConnectXEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Information about a particular ATM VP Cross-Connect.

                 Each entry provides an two objects that name the
                 Cross-Connect.  One is assigned by the Service User and
                 the other by the Service Provider."
              AUGMENTS     { atmVpCrossConnectEntry }
              ::= { atmVpCrossConnectXTable 1 }

          AtmVpCrossConnectXEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
                atmVpCrossConnectUserName       DisplayString,
                atmVpCrossConnectProviderName   DisplayString
          }

          atmVpCrossConnectUserName OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       DisplayString (0..255)
              MAX-ACCESS   read-create
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This is a service user assigned textual representation
                 of a VPC PVC."
              ::= { atmVpCrossConnectXEntry 1 }

          atmVpCrossConnectProviderName OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       DisplayString (0..255)
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This is a system supplied textual representation of
                 VPC PVC.  It is assigned by the service provider."
              ::= { atmVpCrossConnectXEntry 2 }

          -- 19. ATM VC Cross-Connect Extension Table

          atmVcCrossConnectXTable OBJECT-TYPE

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 90]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmVcCrossConnectXEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This table contains one row per VC Cross-Connect
                 represented in the atmVcCrossConnectTable."
              ::= { atm2MIBObjects 19 }

          atmVcCrossConnectXEntry       OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmVcCrossConnectXEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Information about a particular ATM VC Cross-Connect.

                 Each entry provides an two objects that name the
                 Cross-Connect.  One is assigned by the Service User and
                 the other by the Service Provider."
              AUGMENTS   { atmVcCrossConnectEntry }
              ::= { atmVcCrossConnectXTable 1 }

          AtmVcCrossConnectXEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
                atmVcCrossConnectUserName       DisplayString,
                atmVcCrossConnectProviderName   DisplayString
          }

          atmVcCrossConnectUserName OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       DisplayString (0..255)
              MAX-ACCESS   read-create
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This is a service user assigned textual representation
                 of a VCC PVC."
              ::= { atmVcCrossConnectXEntry 1 }

          atmVcCrossConnectProviderName OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       DisplayString (0..255)
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "This is a system supplied textual representation of
                 VCC PVC.  It is assigned by the service provider."
              ::= { atmVcCrossConnectXEntry 2 }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 91]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          -- 20. Currently Failing PVPL Table

          atmCurrentlyFailingPVplTable    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmCurrentlyFailingPVplEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "A table indicating all VPLs for which there is an
                 active row in the atmVplTable having an atmVplConnKind
                 value of `pvc' and an atmVplOperStatus with a value
                 other than `up'."
              ::= { atm2MIBObjects 20 }

          atmCurrentlyFailingPVplEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmCurrentlyFailingPVplEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Each entry in this table represents a VPL for which
                 the atmVplRowStatus is `active', the atmVplConnKind is
                 `pvc', and the atmVplOperStatus is other than `up'."
              INDEX        { ifIndex, atmVplVpi }
              ::= { atmCurrentlyFailingPVplTable 1 }

          AtmCurrentlyFailingPVplEntry ::=
              SEQUENCE {
                         atmCurrentlyFailingPVplTimeStamp    TimeStamp
                         }

          atmCurrentlyFailingPVplTimeStamp    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       TimeStamp
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The time at which this PVPL began to fail."
              ::= { atmCurrentlyFailingPVplEntry 1 }

          -- 21. Currently Failing PVCL Table

          atmCurrentlyFailingPVclTable    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmCurrentlyFailingPVclEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 92]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

              DESCRIPTION
                 "A table indicating all VCLs for which there is an
                 active row in the atmVclTable having an atmVclConnKind
                 value of `pvc' and an atmVclOperStatus with a value
                 other than `up'."
              ::= { atm2MIBObjects 21 }

          atmCurrentlyFailingPVclEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       AtmCurrentlyFailingPVclEntry
              MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "Each entry in this table represents a VCL for which
                 the atmVclRowStatus is `active', the atmVclConnKind is
                 `pvc', and the atmVclOperStatus is other than `up'."
              INDEX        { ifIndex, atmVclVpi, atmVclVci }
              ::= { atmCurrentlyFailingPVclTable 1 }

          AtmCurrentlyFailingPVclEntry ::=
              SEQUENCE {
                         atmCurrentlyFailingPVclTimeStamp    TimeStamp
                         }

          atmCurrentlyFailingPVclTimeStamp    OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX       TimeStamp
              MAX-ACCESS   read-only
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The time at which this PVCL began to fail."
              ::= { atmCurrentlyFailingPVclEntry 1 }

          -- ATM PVC Traps

          atmPvcTraps    OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { atm2MIBTraps 1 }

          atmPvcTrapsPrefix    OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { atmPvcTraps 0 }

          atmIntfPvcFailuresTrap    NOTIFICATION-TYPE
              OBJECTS      { ifIndex, atmIntfPvcFailures,
                             atmIntfCurrentlyFailingPVpls,
                             atmIntfCurrentlyFailingPVcls }
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 93]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 "A notification indicating that one or more PVPLs or
                 PVCLs on this interface has failed since the last
                 atmPvcFailuresTrap was sent.  If this trap has not been
                 sent for the last atmIntfPvcNotificationInterval, then
                 it will be sent on the next increment of
                 atmIntfPvcFailures."
              ::= { atmPvcTrapsPrefix 1 }

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 94]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          -- ************************************************

          -- Conformance Information

          atm2MIBConformance   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {atm2MIB 2}

          atm2MIBGroups        OBJECT IDENTIFIER
                           ::= {atm2MIBConformance 1}

          atm2MIBCompliances   OBJECT IDENTIFIER
                           ::= {atm2MIBConformance 2}

          -- Compliance Statements

          atm2MIBCompliance   MODULE-COMPLIANCE
              STATUS       current
              DESCRIPTION
                 "The compliance statement for SNMP entities which
                 represent ATM interfaces.  The compliance statements
                 are used to determine if a particular group or object
                 applies to hosts, networks/switches, or both."

              MODULE  -- this module

                 MANDATORY-GROUPS  { atmSwitchServcHostGroup }

          -- Objects in the ATM Switch/Service/Host Group

          OBJECT       atmVclStatTotalCellIns
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that are
                 supporting per VCC counters."

          OBJECT       atmVclStatClp0CellIns
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that are
                 supporting per VCC counters."

          OBJECT       atmVclStatTotalDiscards
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that are
                 supporting per VCC counters."

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 95]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          OBJECT       atmVclStatClp0Discards
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that are
                 supporting per VCC counters."

          OBJECT       atmVclStatTotalCellOuts
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that are
                 supporting per VCC counters."

          OBJECT       atmVclStatClp0CellOuts
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that are
                 supporting per VCC counters."

          OBJECT       atmVclStatTaggedOuts
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that are
                 supporting per VCC counters."

          OBJECT       atmVplStatTotalCellIns
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that are
                 supporting per VPC counters."

          OBJECT       atmVplStatClp0CellIns
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that are
                 supporting per VPC counters."

          OBJECT       atmVplStatTotalDiscards
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that are
                 supporting per VPC counters."

          OBJECT       atmVplStatClp0Discards
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that are
                 supporting per VPC counters."

          OBJECT       atmVplStatTotalCellOuts
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that are

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 96]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 supporting per VPC counters."

          OBJECT       atmVplStatClp0CellOuts
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that are
                 supporting per VPC counters."

          OBJECT       atmVplStatTaggedOuts
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that are
                 supporting per VPC counters."

          OBJECT       atmVplLogicalPortDef
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems support ATM
                 Logical Port interfaces."

          OBJECT       atmIntfSigVccRxTrafficDescrIndex
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that support
                 negotiation of signalling VCC traffic parameters
                 through ILMI."

          OBJECT       atmIntfSigVccTxTrafficDescrIndex
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is mandatory for systems that support
                 negotiation of signalling VCC traffic parameters
                 through ILMI."

          OBJECT       atmCurrentlyFailingPVplTimeStamp
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is optional."

          OBJECT       atmCurrentlyFailingPVclTimeStamp
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This object is optional."

          -- Objects in the ATM Switch/Service Group

          GROUP        atmSwitchServcGroup
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This group is mandatory for a Switch/Service that

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 97]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 implements ATM interfaces."

          OBJECT       atmIfRegAddrRowStatus
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required, and only one of the six
                 enumerated values for the RowStatus textual convention
                 need be supported, specifically: active(1)."

          OBJECT       atmSigSupportClgPtyNumDel
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required.  This parameter is
                 required for ATM systems that support only a value of
                 'disabled(2)' (i.e., the ATM systems does not support
                 the feature associated with the parameter)."

          OBJECT       atmSigSupportClgPtySubAddr
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required.  This parameter is
                 required for ATM systems that support only a value of
                 'disabled(2)' (i.e., the ATM systems does not support
                 the feature associated with the parameter)."

          OBJECT       atmSigSupportCldPtySubAddr
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required.  This parameter is
                 required for ATM systems that support only a value of
                 'disabled(2)' (i.e., the ATM systems does not support
                 the feature associated with the parameter)."

          OBJECT       atmSigSupportHiLyrInfo
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required.  This parameter is
                 required for ATM systems that support only a value of
                 'disabled(2)' (i.e., the ATM systems does not support
                 the feature associated with the parameter)."

          OBJECT       atmSigSupportLoLyrInfo
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 98]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 "Write access is not required.  This parameter is
                 required for ATM systems that support only a value of
                 'disabled(2)' (i.e., the ATM systems does not support
                 the feature associated with the parameter)."

          OBJECT       atmSigSupportBlliRepeatInd
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required.  This parameter is
                 required for ATM systems that support only a value of
                 'disabled(2)' (i.e., the ATM systems does not support
                 the feature associated with the parameter)."

          OBJECT       atmSigSupportAALInfo
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required.  This parameter is
                 required for ATM systems that support only a value of
                 'disabled(2)' (i.e., the ATM systems does not support
                 the feature associated with the parameter)."

          OBJECT       atmSigSupportPrefCarrier
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required."

          OBJECT       atmSvcVpCrossConnectRowStatus
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required, and only one of the six
                 enumerated values for the RowStatus textual convention
                 need be supported, specifically: active(1)"

          OBJECT       atmSvcVcCrossConnectRowStatus
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required, and only two of the six
                 enumerated values for the RowStatus textual convention
                 need be supported, specifically: active(1)."

          -- Objects in the ATM Switch/Service Notifications Group

          GROUP        atmSwitchServcNotifGroup

          Expires 9/18/98                                      [Page 99]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          DESCRIPTION
                 "This group is optional for systems implementing
                 support for an ATM Switch or an ATM Network Service."

          -- Objects in the ATM Switch Group

          GROUP        atmSwitchGroup
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This group is optional for a switch that implements
                 ATM interfaces."

          -- Objects in the ATM Service Group

          GROUP        atmServcGroup
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This group is mandatory for systems implementing
                 support for an ATM Network Service."

          -- Objects in the ATM Host Group

          GROUP        atmHostGroup
          DESCRIPTION
                 "This group is mandatory for a Host that implements ATM
                 interfaces."

          OBJECT       atmVclAddrType
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required."

          OBJECT       atmVclAddrRowStatus
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required, and only one of the six
                 enumerated values for the RowStatus textual convention
                 need be supported, specifically: active(1)."

          OBJECT       atmVclGenSigDescrIndex
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required."

          Expires 9/18/98                                     [Page 100]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          OBJECT       atmSigDescrParamAalType
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required."

          OBJECT       atmSigDescrParamAalSscsType
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required."

          OBJECT       atmSigDescrParamBhliType
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required."

          OBJECT       atmSigDescrParamBhliInfo
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required."

          OBJECT       atmSigDescrParamBbcConnConf
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required."

          OBJECT       atmSigDescrParamBlliLayer2
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required."

          OBJECT       atmSigDescrParamBlliLayer3
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required."

          OBJECT       atmSigDescrParamBlliPktSize
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required."

          OBJECT       atmSigDescrParamBlliSnapId
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required."

          Expires 9/18/98                                     [Page 101]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          OBJECT       atmSigDescrParamBlliOuiPid
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required."

          OBJECT       atmSigDescrParamRowStatus
          MIN-ACCESS   read-only
          DESCRIPTION
                 "Write access is not required, and only one of the six
                 enumerated values for the RowStatus textual convention
                 need be supported, specifically: active(1)."

                      ::= { atm2MIBCompliances 1 }

          -- **********************************************

          -- Units of Conformance

          -- Mandatory for ATM hosts and switch/service providers

          atmSwitchServcHostGroup     OBJECT-GROUP

                 OBJECTS {
                     atmSigSSCOPConEvents,
                     atmSigSSCOPErrdPdus,
                     atmSigDetectSetupAttempts,
                     atmSigEmitSetupAttempts,
                     atmSigDetectUnavailRoutes,
                     atmSigEmitUnavailRoutes,
                     atmSigDetectUnavailResrcs,
                     atmSigEmitUnavailResrcs,
                     atmSigDetectCldPtyEvents,
                     atmSigEmitCldPtyEvents,
                     atmSigDetectMsgErrors,
                     atmSigEmitMsgErrors,
                     atmSigDetectClgPtyEvents,
                     atmSigEmitClgPtyEvents,
                     atmSigDetectTimerExpireds,
                     atmSigEmitTimerExpireds,
                     atmSigDetectRestarts,
                     atmSigEmitRestarts,
                     atmSigInEstabls,
                     atmSigOutEstabls,

          Expires 9/18/98                                     [Page 102]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                     atmVclStatTotalCellIns,
                     atmVclStatClp0CellIns,
                     atmVclStatTotalDiscards,
                     atmVclStatClp0Discards,
                     atmVclStatTotalCellOuts,
                     atmVclStatClp0CellOuts,
                     atmVclStatTaggedOuts,
                     atmVplStatTotalCellIns,
                     atmVplStatClp0CellIns,
                     atmVplStatTotalDiscards,
                     atmVplStatClp0Discards,
                     atmVplStatTotalCellOuts,
                     atmVplStatClp0CellOuts,
                     atmVplStatTaggedOuts,
                     atmVplLogicalPortDef,
                     atmVplLogicalPortIndex,
                     atmInterfaceConfMaxSvpcVpi,
                     atmInterfaceCurrentMaxSvpcVpi,
                     atmInterfaceConfMaxSvccVpi,
                     atmInterfaceCurrentMaxSvccVpi,
                     atmInterfaceConfMinSvccVci,
                     atmInterfaceCurrentMinSvccVci,
                     atmIntfSigVccRxTrafficDescrIndex,
                     atmIntfSigVccTxTrafficDescrIndex,
                     atmIntfPvcFailures,
                     atmIntfCurrentlyFailingPVpls,
                     atmIntfCurrentlyFailingPVcls,
                     atmIntfPvcNotificationInterval,
                     atmIntfPvcFailuresTrapEnable,
                     atmIntfConfigType,
                     atmIntfActualType,
                     atmIntfConfigSide,
                     atmIntfActualSide,
                     atmIntfIlmiAdminStatus,
                     atmIntfIlmiOperStatus,
                     atmIntfIlmiFsmState,
                     atmIntfIlmiEstablishConPollIntvl,
                     atmIntfIlmiCheckConPollIntvl,
                     atmIntfIlmiConPollInactFactor,
                     atmIntfIlmiPublicPrivateIndctr,
                     atmCurrentlyFailingPVplTimeStamp,
                     atmCurrentlyFailingPVclTimeStamp
                 }
                 STATUS       current

          Expires 9/18/98                                     [Page 103]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 DESCRIPTION
                   "A collection of objects providing information
                   for a Switch/Service/Host that implements
                   ATM interfaces."
                 ::= { atm2MIBGroups 1 }

          atmSwitchServcGroup     OBJECT-GROUP

                 OBJECTS {
                     atmIlmiSrvcRegATMAddress,
                     atmIlmiSrvcRegParm1,
                     atmIlmiSrvcRegRowStatus,
                     atmIlmiNetPrefixRowStatus,
                     atmSigSupportClgPtyNumDel,
                     atmSigSupportClgPtySubAddr,
                     atmSigSupportCldPtySubAddr,
                     atmSigSupportHiLyrInfo,
                     atmSigSupportLoLyrInfo,
                     atmSigSupportBlliRepeatInd,
                     atmSigSupportAALInfo,
                     atmSigSupportPrefCarrier,
                     atmSvcVpCrossConnectCreationTime,
                     atmSvcVpCrossConnectRowStatus,
                     atmSvcVcCrossConnectCreationTime,
                     atmSvcVcCrossConnectRowStatus,
                     atmIfRegAddrAddressSource,
                     atmIfRegAddrOrgScope,
                     atmIfRegAddrRowStatus}
                 STATUS       current
                 DESCRIPTION
                   "A collection of objects providing information
                   for a Switch/Service that implements ATM interfaces."
                 ::= { atm2MIBGroups 2 }

          atmSwitchServcNotifGroup     NOTIFICATION-GROUP

                 NOTIFICATIONS {
                     atmIntfPvcFailuresTrap }
                 STATUS       current
                 DESCRIPTION
                   "A collection of notifications providing information
                   for a Switch/Service that implements ATM interfaces."

          Expires 9/18/98                                     [Page 104]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                 ::= { atm2MIBGroups 3 }

          atmSwitchGroup     OBJECT-GROUP

                 OBJECTS {
                     atmSwitchAddressAddress,
                     atmSwitchAddressRowStatus }
                 STATUS       current
                 DESCRIPTION
                   "A collection of objects providing information
                   for an ATM switch."
                 ::= { atm2MIBGroups 4 }

          atmServcGroup     OBJECT-GROUP

                 OBJECTS {
                     atmVpCrossConnectUserName,
                     atmVpCrossConnectProviderName,
                     atmVcCrossConnectUserName,
                     atmVcCrossConnectProviderName }
                 STATUS       current
                 DESCRIPTION
                   "A collection of objects providing information
                   for an ATM Network Service."
                 ::= { atm2MIBGroups 5 }

          atmHostGroup     OBJECT-GROUP

                 OBJECTS {
                     atmAal5VclInPkts,
                     atmAal5VclOutPkts,
                     atmAal5VclInOctets,
                     atmAal5VclOutOctets,
                     atmVclAddrType,
                     atmVclAddrRowStatus,
                     atmAddrVclAddrType,
                     atmVclGenSigDescrIndex,
                     atmSigDescrParamAalType,
                     atmSigDescrParamAalSscsType,
                     atmSigDescrParamBhliType,
                     atmSigDescrParamBhliInfo,

          Expires 9/18/98                                     [Page 105]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

                     atmSigDescrParamBbcConnConf,
                     atmSigDescrParamBlliLayer2,
                     atmSigDescrParamBlliLayer3,
                     atmSigDescrParamBlliPktSize,
                     atmSigDescrParamBlliSnapId,
                     atmSigDescrParamBlliOuiPid,
                     atmSigDescrParamRowStatus}
                 STATUS       current
                 DESCRIPTION
                   "A collection of objects providing information
                   for a Host that implements ATM interfaces."
                 ::= { atm2MIBGroups 6 }

          END

          Expires 9/18/98                                     [Page 106]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          11.  Acknowledgments

          This document is a product of the AToMMIB Working Group.

          Expires 9/18/98                                     [Page 107]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          12.  References

          [1]  Tesink, K., "Definitions of Managed Objects for ATM
               Management", RFC ???? (Internet-Draft <draft-ietf-
               atommib-atm1ng-03.txt>, Bell Communications Research,
               January 8, 1997.

          [2]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser,
               "Structure of Management Information for Version 2 of the
               Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv2)", RFC 1902,
               SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dover Beach
               Consulting, Inc., International Network Services, January
               1996.

          [3]  McCloghrie, K., and M. Rose, Editors, "Management
               Information Base for Network Management of TCP/IP-based
               internets: MIB-II", STD 17, RFC 1213, Hughes LAN Systems,
               Performance Systems International, March 1991.

          [5]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser,
               "Protocol Operations for Version 2 of the Simple Network
               Management Protocol (SNMPv2)", RFC 1905, SNMP Research,
               Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dover Beach Consulting, Inc.,
               International Network Services, January 1996.

          [6]  McCloghrie, K. and F. Kastenholz, "The Interfaces Group
               MIB using SMIv2", RFC 2233, Cisco Systems, FTP Software,
               November 1997.

          [7]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser,
               "Textual Conventions for Version 2 of the Simple Network
               Management Protocol (SNMPv2)", RFC 1903, SNMP Research,
               Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dover Beach Consulting, Inc.,
               International Network Services, January 1996.

          [8]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser,
               "Conformance Statements for SNMPv2", RFC 1904, SNMP
               Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dover Beach
               Consulting, Inc., International Network Services, January
               1996.

          [9]  ATM Forum, "ATM User-Network Interface Specification,
               Version 3.0 (UNI 3.0)", September 1993.

          Expires 9/18/98                                     [Page 108]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          [10] ATM Forum, "ATM User-Network Interface Specification,
               Version 3.1 (UNI 3.1)", September 1994.

          [11] ITU-T Recommendation Q.2931, "Broadband Integrated
               Services Digital Network (B-ISDN) - Digital Subscriber
               Signalling System No. 2 (DSS2) - User-Network Interface
               (UNI) Layer 3 Specification for Basic Call/Connection
               Control", February 1995.

          [12] ATM Forum, "Private Network-Network Interface
               Specification, Version 1.0 (PNNI 1.0)", af-pnni-0055.000,
               March 1996.

          [13] ITU-T Recommendation Q.2110, "Broadband Integrated
               Services Digital Network (B-ISDN) - ATM Adaptation Layer
               - Service Specific Connection Oriented Protocol (SSCOP)
               Specification", July 1994.

          [14] ATM Forum, "LAN Emulation Client Management
               Specification, Version 1.0", af-lane-0038.000, September
               1995.

          [15] Brown, T., Tesink, K., "Definitions of Managed Objects
               for SMDS Interfaces using SMIv2", RFC 1694, Bell
               Communications Research, August 1994.

          [16] ITU-T Recommendation Q.2961, "Broadband Integrated
               Services Digital Network (B-ISDN) - Digital Subscriber
               Signalling System No. 2 (DSS2) - Additional Traffic
               Parameters", October 1995.

          [17] ITU-T Recommendation Q.2971, "Broadband Integrated
               Services Digital Network (B-ISDN) - Digital Subscriber
               Signalling System No. 2 (DSS2) - User-Network Interface
               Layer 3 Specification for Point-to-Multipoint
               Call/Connection Control", October 1995.

          [18] ATM Forum, "Interim Inter-Switch Signaling Protocol
               (IISP) Specification, Version 1.0", af-pnni-0026.000,
               December 1994.

          [19] ATM Forum, "BISDN Inter Carrier Interface (B-ICI)
               Specification, Version 2.0 (Integrated)", af-bici-
               0013.003, December 1995.

          Expires 9/18/98                                     [Page 109]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          [20] ITU-T Recommendation I.610, "B-ISDN Operation and
               Maintenance Principles and Functions", November 1995.

          [21] ATM Forum, "Integrated Local Management Interface (ILMI)
               Specification, Version 4.0", af-ilmi-0065.000, September
               1996.

          [22] ATM Forum, "ATM User-Network Interface (UNI) Signalling
               Specification, Version 4.0", af-sig-0061.000, July 1996.

          Expires 9/18/98                                     [Page 110]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          13.  Security Considerations

          Security issues are not discussed in this memo.

          14.  Authors' Addresses

                            Faye Ly
                            3Com Networks Inc.
                            Santa Clara, CA 95052
                            Phone: (408) 764-6576
                            EMail: [email-masked]

                            Michael Noto
                            Network Equipment Technologies
                            800 Saginaw Drive RM 21.1.111
                            Redwood City, CA 94063
                            Phone: (415) 569-7134
                            EMail: [email-masked]

                            Andrew Smith
                            Extreme Networks
                            1601 S. De Anza Blvd, #220
                            Cupertino, CA 95014
                            Phone: (408) 342-0985
                            EMail:  [email-masked]

                            Ethan Mickey Spiegel
                            Cisco Systems
                            170 W. Tasman Drive
                            San Jose, CA 95134-1706
                            Phone: (408) 526-6408
                            EMail: [email-masked]

                            Kaj Tesink
                            Bell Communications Research
                            Room 1A-427
                            331 Newman Springs Road
                            P.O. Box 7020
                            Red Bank, NJ  07701-7020
                            Phone: (908) 758-5254
                            EMail: [email-masked]

          Expires 9/18/98                                     [Page 111]


          draft        Supplemental ATM Management Objects  Mar 13, 1998

          Table of Contents

          1 Status of this Memo ...................................    1
          2 Introduction ..........................................    3
          3 Change Log ............................................    3
          4 The SNMPv2 Network Management Framework ...............    6
          5 Object Definitions ....................................    6
          6 Overview ..............................................    6
          6.1 Background ..........................................    7
          6.2 Important Definitions ...............................    7
          6.3 Supported Functions .................................    9
          6.3.1 ATM SVC VC Cross-Connect Table ....................   10
          6.3.2 ATM SVC VP Cross-Connect Table ....................   11
          6.3.3 ATM Interface Signalling Statistics Table .........   12
          6.3.4 ATM Signalling Capability Support .................   12
          6.3.5 Signalling Descriptor Parameter Table .............   13
          6.3.6 ATM Interface Registered Address Table ............   14
          6.3.7 ATM VPI/VCI to Address Mapping Table ..............   14
          6.3.8 ATM Address to VPI/VCI Mapping Table ..............   14
          6.3.9 ATM VPL Statistics Table ..........................   15
          6.3.10 ATM VPL Logical Port Table .......................   16
          6.3.10.1 ATM Logical Port Interface .....................   16
          6.3.10.2 How to create an ATM Logical  Port  interface
               ....................................................   17
          6.3.11 ATM VCL Statistics Table .........................   19
          6.3.12 ATM VC General Information Table .................   20
          6.3.13 ATM Interface Configuration Extension Table ......   20
          6.3.14 ATM ILMI Service Registry Table ..................   22
          6.3.15 ILMI Network Prefix Table ........................   23
          6.3.16 ATM Switch Address Table .........................   23
          7 Network and User Addresses ............................   24
          8 Configuration of VPLs, VCLs, and Cross-Connects .......   24
          9 ATM Related Trap Support ..............................   24
          10 Definitions ..........................................   26
          11 Acknowledgments ......................................  107
          12 References ...........................................  108
          13 Security Considerations ..............................  111
          14 Authors' Addresses ...................................  111

          Expires 9/18/98                                     [Page 112]

---

From: Keith McCloghrie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 15:59:55 -0800 (PST)

>     currently only refer to atm(37) interfaces?

This would be useful.

>     section 6.3.13?

Yes.

>     Also, why can't atmIntfConfigType be set to

If a device supports two proprietary and/or not-yet-standardized
interface types, then they would be represented by 'other', but
allowing it to be set to 'other' would be like saying: "I don't care
what the interface type is, as long as it's not one of the ones listed
in the RFC", which doesn't seem useful.

>     atmIlmiSrvcRegIndex object?  Was this a reminder that we needed

It looks to me like extraneous text which should be deleted.  Also in
that DESCRIPTION,

", or" should be appended to the end of the first bullet.

>     ranges.  The same applies in the ATM-TC-MIB and the ATM-MIB.

Both forms are legal and they are equivalent.  Editor's perogative.

>     Should these instead be put in a different group?

That would seem to be appropriate.

>     best (or preferred) way to officially specify this in SMIv2?

Put them in their own group(s), and define the conditions under which
they are mandatory in the compliance section.

Keith.

---

From: Gary Hanson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 09:28:31 -0800 (PST)

Keith,

Thanks for your comments.  I think the most important ones to
deal with first are the ones involving the placement of ATM2-MIB
objects into OBJECT-GROUPs.  Here are my thoughts on this.

Gary

> they are mandatory in the compliance section.

The current ATM2-MIB draft essentially places the different
tables of objects into one of 5 OBJECT-GROUPs, depending upon
the combination of required support by switches, services, and
hosts.  Here is the current table / group relationships.

Currently in atmSwitchServcHostGroup:
   3. atmSigStatTable
   9. atmVplStatTable
  10. atmVplLogicalPortTable
  11. atmVclStatTable
  14. atmInterfaceExtTable
  20. atmCurrentlyFailingPVplTable
  21. atmCurrentlyFailingPVclTable

Currently in atmSwitchServcGroup:
   1. atmSvcVpCrossConnectTable
   2. atmSvcVcCrossConnectTable
   4. atmSigSupportTable
   6. atmIfRegisteredAddrTable
  15. atmIlmiSrvcRegTable
  16. atmIlmiNetworkPrefixTable

Currently in atmSwitchGroup:
  17. atmSwitchAddressTable

Currently in atmServcGroup:
  18. atmVpCrossConnectXTable
  19. atmVcCrossConnectXTable

Currently in atmHostGroup:
   5. atmSigDescrParamTable
   7. atmVclAddrTable
   8. atmAddrVclTable
  12. atmAal5VclStatTable
  13. atmVclGenTable

About the only tables that I see as being important to have as
mandatory for any ATM switch, service, or host are the following:
- the atmVplLogicalPortTable (independent of whether
  the device does or does not support logical ATM ports),
- the atmInterfaceExtTable,
- and the two atmCurrentlyFailingPV.lTables.
These I believe belong in a mandatory atmSwitchServcHostMinGroup.

I believe everything else belongs in some combination of optional
groups, because I can think of plausible reasons why a device may
not be able to support them but would still want to support the
atmSwitchServcHostMinGroup objects, and I would like such devices
to be considered ATM2-MIB compliant.

Here is a set of groups that would make sense to me.  (For each
table currently in some group, I show a proposed new group name
to the right.)

Currently in atmSwitchServcHostGroup:
  10. atmVplLogicalPortTable         atmSwitchServcHostMinGroup
  14. atmInterfaceExtTable           atmSwitchServcHostMinGroup
  20. atmCurrentlyFailingPVplTable   atmSwitchServcHostMinGroup
  21. atmCurrentlyFailingPVclTable   atmSwitchServcHostMinGroup
   3. atmSigStatTable                atmSwitchServcHostSigStatGroup
   9. atmVplStatTable                atmSwitchServcHostPerVcStatGroup
  11. atmVclStatTable                atmSwitchServcHostPerVcStatGroup

Currently in atmSwitchServcGroup:
   1. atmSvcVpCrossConnectTable      atmSwitchServcSigGroup
   2. atmSvcVcCrossConnectTable      atmSwitchServcSigGroup
   4. atmSigSupportTable             atmSwitchServcSigGroup
   6. atmIfRegisteredAddrTable       atmSwitchServcSigGroup
  15. atmIlmiSrvcRegTable            atmSwitchServcSigGroup
  16. atmIlmiNetworkPrefixTable      atmSwitchServcSigGroup

Currently in atmSwitchGroup:
  17. atmSwitchAddressTable          atmSwitchSigGroup

Currently in atmServcGroup:
  18. atmVpCrossConnectXTable        atmServcPerVcNameGroup
  19. atmVcCrossConnectXTable        atmServcPerVcNameGroup

Currently in atmHostGroup:
   5. atmSigDescrParamTable          atmHostSigGroup
   7. atmVclAddrTable                atmHostSigGroup
   8. atmAddrVclTable                atmHostSigGroup
  13. atmVclGenTable                 atmHostSigGroup
  12. atmAal5VclStatTable            atmHostPerVcStatGroup

Here would be a set of DESCRIPTIONs for the new combination
of groups.  (I am borrowing the phrasing from the PNNI-MIB.)

atmSwitchServcHostMinGroup
  "A collection of general objects required for
  management of a minimum functioning ATM switch,
  service, or host."

atmSwitchServcHostSigGroup
  "A collection of objects required for an ATM switch,
  service, or host to manage ATM signalling."

atmSwitchServcHostPerVcStatGroup
  "A collection of objects required for an ATM switch,
  service, or host to report per VPL and per VCL
  statistics."

atmSwitchServcSigGroup
  "A collection of objects required only for an ATM
  switch or service (but not an ATM host) to manage ATM
  signalling."

atmSwitchSigGroup
  "A collection of objects required for an ATM switch
  (but not an ATM service or host) to manage ATM
  signalling."

atmServcPerVcNameGroup
  "A collection of objects required for an ATM service
  (but not an ATM switch or host) to manage per VPC
  and per VCC names."

atmHostSigGroup
  "A collection of objects required for an ATM host
  (but not an ATM switch or service) to manage ATM
  signalling."

atmHostPerVcStatGroup
  "A collection of objects required for an ATM host
  (but not an ATM switch or service) to report per
  VPL and per VCL statistics."

I would modify the DESCRIPTION for atm2MIBCompliance to also
include a set of statements similar to that in the PNNI-MIB,
as follows:

  "The compliance statement for SNMP entities which
  represent ATM interfaces.  The compliance statements
  are used to determine if a particular group or object
  applies to ATM switches, services, and/or hosts.

  Groups of ATM2-MIB objects required for management of
  a minimum function ATM switch, service, or host are
  identified by the suffix MinGroup.

  Groups of ATM2-MIB objects required for management of
  ATM signalling in an ATM switch, service, or host are
  identified by the suffix SigGroup.

  Groups of ATM2-MIB objects required for management of
  per VPL and per VCL statistics are identified by the
  suffix PerVcStatGroup.

  Groups of ATM2-MIB objects required for management of
  per VPC or VCC names are identified by the suffix
  PerVcNameGroup."

I would then also change the MANDATORY-GROUPS for the
atm2MIBCompliance from atmSwitchServcHostGroup to
atmSwitchServcHostMinGroup.

There is also room for making a few exceptions to strict
table / group relationships.  For example, some objects in
the atmInterfaceExtTable really only apply when ATM signalling
is supported.  These include the atmInterfaceConfMaxSvpcVpi
through atmIntfSigVccTxTrafficDescrIndex objects in the
AtmInterfaceExtEntry SEQUENCE.  I would prefer to see these
moved to the atmSwitchServcHostSigGroup.

One uncertainty in my mind in the context of reorganizing the
OBJECT-GROUPs is how to handle the two tables atmVclAddrTable
and atmAddrVclTable, since at least the first one is described in
relationship to PVCs (although I don't fully understand why it
would be important to report the ATM address for a PVC endpoint;
see atmVclAddrAddr's DESCRIPTION).  Of course, just because an
object is stated as required to manage ATM signalling does not
mean it cannot also be used for PVC-only devices that are ATM
address aware.  (Are there such beasts?)

Any comments on any of this?