Subject: add aal2 type to atmVclAalType object

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 11:08:49 -0400

Atommibber:

One of our application (voice over ATM) here needs to use AAL2 
for a VC connection. Currently, the mib object atmVclAalType in 
the most up-to-date  "RFC1695ng" MIB does not contain AAL2 
in its enumerated values. I suggest Kaj to add aal2 value to the 
atmVclAalType object, unless there is objection from the mailing 
list.

Thanks.

-- Dawn Xie
    [email-masked]
    (732) 957-2066

--- Forwarded mail from Kaj Tesink <[email-masked]>

Date: Fri, 19 Dec 97 18:47:44 EST
To: [email-masked]
From: Kaj Tesink <[email-masked]>
Subject: aal2
Cc: [email-masked]

hi dawn,

got your vmail.
i'm not good in details about aal2 matters. is that still alive?
if it is then we should add it; its not too late for that. but
in that case we must go through the mailing list so that everyone 
is clear about it. can you send a message to that effect?

kaj

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/
_/                                                                      _/
_/  Kaj Tesink                                                          _/
_/  Bellcore                                                            _/
_/  Business Internet Professional Services  vmail (732) 758-5254       
_/
_/  331 Newman Springs Rd.                   email 
[email-masked]  _/
_/  Red Bank, NJ 07701                     faxmail (732) 758-4177       _/
_/                                                                      _/
_/  * NOTE AREA CODE CHANGE (908) --> (732) EFFECTIVE 
JUNE 1, 1997 *    _/
_/                                                                      _/
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/

---End of forwarded mail from Kaj Tesink <[email-masked]>

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 11:46:48 -0500 (EST)

Dawn and Kai,

AAL2 is very much alive, and this change is quite reasonable.

Cheers,
Andy

-------

> atmVclAalType object, unless there is objection from the mailing 
________________________________________________________________________
Andrew G. Malis  [email-masked]  phone:978 952-7414   fax:978 392-1484
Ascend Communications, Inc.        1 Robbins Road     Westford, MA 01886