Subject: ANSI T1.231 ?

From: Ken Chapman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 13:47:31 -0400

I need some help interpreting a statement in ANSI T1.231 

clause 9.1.5.2 (thresholding and alerting):

'The "default" values themselves for each parameter, accumulation

period, and digital signal level shall also be settable on a per-NE

basis.'

What is meant by "digital signal level"?  DS1, DS3 and SONET?

Or is SONET broken down by OC-1, OC-3, ..., etc.?

	Ken

==============================================

<color><param>0000,8080,0000</param>Ken Chapman               Argon
Networks, Inc.

[email-masked]        25 Porter Road

tel: 978-486-0665 x146    Littleton, MA  01460

fax: 978-486-9379         http://www.Argon.com

</color>==============================================

---

From: "C. M. Heard/VVNET, Inc." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 12:29:40 -0700 (PDT)

> Or is SONET broken down by OC-1, OC-3, ..., etc.?

It means anything that for which you have one or more
PerfCurrentCount objects -- DS1, DS3, Sonet STS-N
Section/Line/Path signals, various kinds of Sonet
VT Path signals (to the extent that they aren't already
covered), and their far-end counterparts, where applicable.

That's a lot of thresholds!

> 	Ken

Mike
--
C. M. Heard/VVNET, Inc.
[email-masked]