Subject: Last call comments on perfhistTC-01 draft

From: Gary Hanson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 17:33:14 -0800 (PST)

Since both the revised DS3-MIB and the revised DS1-MIB import the
PerfHist-TC-MIB, it is important that the atommib WG's draft for
this MIB get published as an RFC along with the RFCs for the DS3-MIB
and DS1-MIB.

Since I did not hear anything recently on either the trunk-mib WG
mailing list or the atommib WG mailing list, I thought it wouldn't
hurt to remind the IESG of this dependency.
 
I also have some comments on the draft itself.  See below.

Regards,
Gary

 ______
| ///  |       TM   Gary Hanson                [email-masked]
|   ADC|Kentrox     14375 NW Science Park Dr.  503-641-3321 (FAX)
|______|            Portland, Oregon  97229    800-733-5511 x6333

Comments on draft-ietf-atommib-perfhistTC-01.txt
------------------------------------------------
 
Substantive comments:
1.  Remove IMPORT of experimental, since it is not used anywhere.
2.  Change so mib-2 is IMPORTed from SNMPv2-SMI instead of RFC1213-MIB.
    (This eliminates the IMPORTing of SMIv1 items into this SMIv2 MIB.)
3.  Is there any problem associated with IMPORTing items from the MIB
    defined in this document into MIBs defined in standards track
    documents, given that this document is NOT on the standards track?
    (See the last sentence of section 2.)

Editorial clarification comments:
1.  Change "this interval" to "this value" in last sentence of
    DESCRIPTION for xyzValidIntervals in the MIB comments.
2.  Assign an OID value under mib-2 and remove comment to RFC editor.
    (Just a reminder.)
3.  Update LAST-UPDATED clause in MODULE-IDENTITY macro for
    PerfHist-TC-MIB.
4.  Add REVISION clause in MODULE-IDENTITY macro for PerfHist-TC-MIB.
    (It is a good idea to have this clause even in the first REVISION.
    Its DESCRIPTION can say something like: "Initial revision, published
    as part of RFC XXXX.")

Editorial spelling/grammar/layout comments:
1.  Change "RFC1903" to "RFC 1903" in 1st paragraph of section 2.
2.  Change "RFC1903" to "RFC 1903" in reference [1].
3.  Change "RFC1902" to "RFC 1902" in reference [2].
4.  Change "RFCxxxx" to "RFC xxxx" (as appropriate) in references [3],
    [4], and [5].

End of comments.