Subject: Question on point to multipoint connection

From: "Ming Sun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 16:28:46 -0800

Hi,

I need help to understand how to set up a point to multipoint
connection in 1695.

In rfc1695, a point to multipoint connection is multiple entries
in the cross connection table. Because there is no other way to
identify a connection is point to point or point to multipoint,
the first connection is always a point to point connection which
supports two way traffic. Adding another entry into the cross 
connection table with the same VPL/VCL makes the connection a
point to multipoint connection.

To implement this first create a point to point connection in the
table and setup a two way traffic in the switching fabric. If 
the manager requests to create a new connection with the same
VPL/VCL, I will cut off leaf to root traffic(which may be 0) in
the switching fabric and add the new one way connection into
the switching fabric.

Is this correct? 

Ming Sun
[email-masked]