Subject: Creating a New SVC using AToM MIB.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:30:48 +0200

Hello all,

We have a question regarding the creation procedure of a new SVC connection
in an ATM host..

RFC 2515 defines that the manager should use the RowStatus parameter in
order to create a new row in the ATM VCL table. The key to this table is
the IfIndex and the VPI and VCI of the connection, However according to
ATM Forum UNI 3.1 and 4.0 the ATM switch must supply the VPI,VCI parameters
to the host.
The "Supplemental managed objects for ATM management" MIB does not explain
the procedure for the addition of a new SVC connection.
It is not clear to us how the manager enters SVC parameters without having
the VPI,VCI key to the MIB.

Please describe the procedure that must be followed, by the manager of the
ATM host device ,in order to add/set-up an SVC connection using the
standard MIBs.

Thanks a lot,

Gil.