Subject: Open Issues in Optical Interface MIB

From: "Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 20:38:39 -0500

Dear all,

In version 02 of the Optical Interface MIB
(<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-atommib-opticalmib-02.txt>)
, several open issues were identified in an upfront editor's note stating
that the ITU-T G.874.1 (Protocol-neutral OTN NE Information Model)
Non-intrusive monitoring (Nim) and General Communication Channel (GCC)
functions are not modeled in the MIB yet. 

In order to address these issues and also further align with G.874.1, I have
drafted some suggested changes to the MIB. The following information have
been posted at the ITU-T public ftp site:

Detail of changes:
<ftp://sg15opticalt:[email-masked]/tsg15opticaltransport/wp3/q14/chan
ges_in_02.a.doc>

An interim version 02.a of the MIB incorporated with these changes:
<ftp://sg15opticalt:[email-masked]/tsg15opticaltransport/wp3/q14/draf
t-ietf-atommib-opticalmib-02.a.txt>
 
The later version of G.874.1:
<ftp://sg15opticalt:[email-masked]/tsg15opticaltransport/wp3/q14/g874
.1_with_lc01_diff.doc>

The following is a summary of the suggested update:
a. Remove the PM groups from the compliance module.
b. Change the syntax of the current status objects (OTS, OMS, OCh, 
   OTUk, ODUk, and ODUkT) from INTEGER to BITS.
c. Change the index of optIfODUkTConfigEntry 
   from INDEX {ifIndex, optIfODUkTTcmField}
   to 	INDEX {ifIndex, optIfODUkTTcmField, optIfODUkTDirectionality}
d. Define additional configuration tables: ODUk Nim config table, 
   ODUkT Nim config table, GCC0 config table, and GCC12 config table.
   Also define the corresponding OBJECT-GROUP for the compliance 
   specification.
e. In the optIfODUkConfigTable, add the optIfODUkActivateNim object 
   for activation/deactivation of the ODUk Nim function. 
   Also, include optIfODUkActivateNim in the optIfODUkGroup OBJECT-GROUP.

There are still couple more issues need to be addressed. They are:
f. The function of adding/removing a TCM at ODUk is not modeled yet.
g. The function of adding/removing GCC12 access at ODUk is not modeled yet.
h. The function of adding/removing GCC0 access at OTUk is not modeled yet.

Regards,
Kam Lam

---

From: "Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 23:47:14 -0500

Hi,

To address the open issues f, g, and h, I have further updated the proposed
changes. That is:
In the ODUkT, ODUkTNim, GCC0, and GCC12 configTables, add columnar objects
optIfODUkTRowStatus, optIfODUkTNimRowStatus, optIfGCC0RowStatus, and
optIfGCC12RowStatus, with syntax RowStatus, to model the add/remove TCM and
add/remove GCC access functions. 

The proposed changes can be found at
ftp://sg15opticalt:[email-masked]/tsg15opticaltransport/wp3/q14/chang
es_in_02.b.doc,

and the interim version 02.b is at
ftp://sg15opticalt:[email-masked]/tsg15opticaltransport/wp3/q14/draft
-ietf-atommib-opticalmib-02.b.txt

Regards,
Kam

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam) [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 8:39 PM
> To: 'AToM Working Group'
> Subject: Open Issues in Optical Interface MIB
> 
> 
> Dear all,
> 
ges_in_02.a.doc>

Regards,
Kam Lam