Subject: Many new farmers have actually discovered that it is more lucrative to sell firewood than to farm," Chamunorwa told IRIN.

From: Grimes K. Emory <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 02:49:44 +0300

Word Is Out, Big News Monday!

Score One Inc.
SREA
$0.20 UP 33.3%

This week's news has already been pushing SREA up. Word is out a BIG
news release is expected Monday! Keep your eyes open and get on SREA
Monday!

Many developing countries have high levels of carbon emissions because
they use so-called dirty fuel such as coal to generate the bulk of their
energy.

In the past, traders in charcoal have carried out their business, both
domestic and commercial, without a proper legal framework causing
massive destruction of the environment. "KWS director Julius Kipng'etich
said the CITES decision gave the special fish that had been depleted and
risked extinction a chance to recover.

Critical to this is the alienation of the very people who rely on the
abalone fishery for their livelihood.
"Gumede said conflicts between animals and humans are natural. Now to
hear that the business community in Kabwe is resisting the local
authority's implementation of the 'Keep Zambia Clean and Healthy'
campaign, is disturbing to say the least. "Families that grow lucrative
but labour-intensive crops tend to revert to subsistence crops.

We must all do something about saving this swamp before it's too late.
"Animals and communities have been living together since time
immemorial," Amon Sithole, chairperson of the Greater St Lucia Wetland
Landowners Association, told IPS in an interview. The onus to protect
their section of the St Lucia Wetland Park now falls on the new owners.
Lying south east of Kampala district, it is fed by the Nakivubo stream
and runs from the central industrial district of Kampala and pours into
Lake Victoria at Murchison Bay. The experts explained that industrial
waste do not only pose serious health hazards to man, but equally cause
serious destruction to the environment. Now to hear that the business
community in Kabwe is resisting the local authority's implementation of
the 'Keep Zambia Clean and Healthy' campaign, is disturbing to say the
least.

In the past, traders in charcoal have carried out their business, both
domestic and commercial, without a proper legal framework causing
massive destruction of the environment.

Read our Privacy Statement.
If the fishery is closed, there are a number of repercussions that could
result.

However, encroachers have invaded the swamp and are a threat to all
these benefits. The experts explained that industrial waste do not only
pose serious health hazards to man, but equally cause serious
destruction to the environment.

There shall also be retail outlets in urban centres designated and
licensed by the local authorities. It was a general norm," Simon Gumede,
the Zulu chief in charge of the area, told IPS. Indeed, some developing
countries perceive the clamour over climate change as an attempt by the
west to dominate the world's depleting energy sources. With the closure
of the fishery, this data will be lost.

One of the employees said that they have long reported the matter to the
head office and the Department of Building and Engineering Services but
they seem to be unbothered. In addition, the smoke spewing from many of
old or used cars imported from Europe that flood the streets of Douala,
pollute the atmosphere.
"Animals and communities have been living together since time
immemorial," Amon Sithole, chairperson of the Greater St Lucia Wetland
Landowners Association, told IPS in an interview. Mr Mbithi said the
licensing will ensure regulation in the utilisation of forest produce
while promoting conservation and sustainable production.

Their fins are among the most sought after for fin soup especially in
Asia. Fourth, the closure will likely lead to some form of community
resistance as current rights-holders feel that they are being "punished"
by the government's inability to contain illegal fishing.
Bougne and Andinwo disclosed that though rainwater is known to be a good
source of drinking water, the one in Douala is not safe for human
consumption because of pollution.

"We realised that most Kenyans use charcoal in their homes because they
find it cheaper, and yet it is produced illegally," he said.

"It does not necessarily mean that our domestic consumers would be
disconnected on a daily basis.

The recipients undertook to adhere to the country's environmental laws
and regulations in their management of the land.

Relevant Links Southern Africa Botswana Water and Sanitation Environment
Our attempts to get a comment from the head office and DBES were futile.
"We urge our consumers to understand that this is being done for a
worthy cause.

The landless group is known and these surely deserve to be helped and
indeed UWA is very keen to help them materially and financially. It
provides consulting to the African Union and Nepad in pursuance of
Africa's Millennium Development Goals.
One of the employees said that they have long reported the matter to the
head office and the Department of Building and Engineering Services but
they seem to be unbothered. Launching the Lake Victoria Basin Commission
in Kisumu, Kenya on Monday, Kibaki called for urgent and decisive action
to halt further degradation of the lake and the surrounding environment.
Nakivubo swamp is of great importance to Kampala in particular because
it acts as a sink for much of the city's domestic and industrial
effluent.

The people of Kabwe need only look to Lusaka and see how it has changed
in the last few months since council with the help of the Government
moved in to clear street vendors.

Activities related to abalone poaching and trade occur in almost every
province of SA and the export of illegal abalone products occurs at
numerous land, sea and air border posts around the country.

"Ironically and unfortunately, conservation and forced removals went
hand-in-hand," he said. "This has resulted in the migration of senior
officers here because they just come for a few months and later
disappear.