Subject: two-tone horrendously

From: Lyon Harriot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:18:48 +0900

CAON Now Holds 12 Environmental Patents! Investors Respond!

Chan-On International Inc.
Symbol: CAON
Close: $0.72 UP 4.35%

CAON acquires Harbin Hongbo and its 12 patents. This company's new
direction was released in a fact sheet Friday. Investors are already
jumping all over it. Read the release and get all over CAON first thing
Monday!

and I really want it. This also highlights what I think is a silly but
not uncommon practice - the timed-limited license key. But don't make me
request a special key in order to evaluate the software - just start the
clock when I install it. These paranoid companies apparently don't
realize that you don't get very many chances with customers. I was just
dealing with another company for a third party component that wants to
install a registration module that phones home when it starts. I was
just dealing with another company for a third party component that wants
to install a registration module that phones home when it starts. I was
just dealing with another company for a third party component that wants
to install a registration module that phones home when it starts.

So you have to run some sort of activator and then click a button every
time you load a form with this control on it. The whole thing runs
through e-sellRate which is absoltue crap.

So you have to run some sort of activator and then click a button every
time you load a form with this control on it.
I've learned my lesson and will stay away from their products.

But then I'd probably just buy it, right?
For me - if I see something like this I immediately throw out the
software.

As a vendor myself I realize that there are people who'll want to rip
you off, but there are easier ways to 'encourage' people to pay for the
software they use than these intrusive mechanisms. These paranoid
companies apparently don't realize that you don't get very many chances
with customers.
This does not make me feel warm and fuzzy about buying their software.
and I really want it. and I really want it.