Subject: Are foreign attributes allowed?

From: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 09:45:48 -0400

Assuming that ex: is bound to http://example.org/

Is this allowed:

  <atom:entry ex:foo="bar" ...>

Is this

  <atom:entry foobar="test" ...>

Assuming that either of those are allowed, are they only allowed on
content constructs, or are they allowed anywhere?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

-- 
Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> | Klein bottle for rent; enquire within.
http://nwalsh.com/            |

---

From: Sam Ruby <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 10:47:53 -0400

> content constructs, or are they allowed anywhere?

The feedvalidator currently flags both.  I can see an argument for 
allowing the former, but I would strongly prefer that the not allow the 
latter.

- Sam Ruby