Subject: Re: PaceIntrospection: Is another file format really needed?

From: [email-masked]
Date: 1 Jul 2004 11:48:18 -0000

--- Robert Sayre <[email-masked] wrote:
> A feed is a frame of a pushed
stream. 

-1

A feed of search results, does not fit this limiting definition
of <feed>.

The usage link@rel="next" in the Atom API spec cannot be reconciled
with this definition of feed.
Dereferencing the "next" url, will return a
<feed> which does not comply to that definition.

Peter

---

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 08:11:33 -0400

>A feed of search results, does not fit this limiting definition

How so? I'm subscribed to "Robert Sayre" on pubsub. Seems like a stream 
to me. Or did you mean typing a term in and getting a search results 
back? I would probably use an HTML page for that.

><feed> which does not comply to that definition.

You're right. It doesn't.

Let's turn back to the more interesting questions:
What problem is solved by making feed the root element for both 
purposes? Why does it matter?

Robert Sayre

---

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 22:13:56 +0200

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 08:11:33 -0400, Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>  
wrote:

> Or did you mean typing a term in and getting a search results back? I  
> would probably use an HTML page for that.

Hopefully not, at least not in the future:

<url: http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/RestEchoSearchApi>

> purposes? Why does it matter?

I would really like an answer to this question as well.

-- 
Asbjørn Ulsberg         -=|=-        [email-masked]
«He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away»