Subject: "Issued" paces

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:48:51 +0200

I've created some "issued" paces that are three exclusive (they may be  
inclusive, if altered a bit) proposals to how the atom:issued element is  
to be handled. They are the following, ordered ascending in their  
complexity:

  * PaceObjectiveIssued[1]
  * PaceMultipeIssued[2]
  * PaceIssuedAndRelation[3]

PaceObjectiveIssued simply defines the semantics of issued, but does  
nothing with the data model. In brief; PaceObjectiveIssued defines  
'issued' as a non-subjective, «should be provided by a tool»-element.

PaceMultipeIssued builds on PaceObjectiveIssued and defines the same  
semantics. However, it also extends the data model into allowing multiple  
<issued> elements to indicate that the entry has been issued on several  
occasions.

PaceIssuedAndRelation builds on PaceObjectiveIssued and defines the same  
semantics. However, it also extends the data model with a new <relation>  
element (from Dublin Core[4]) to allow for re-issuance of entries. This is  
the least complete of the proposals, as I haven't got the time to finish  
it up before I run to work. :-)

PaceMultipeIssued and PaceIssuedAndRelation may be combined and thus  
allowing multiple <issued> elements as a simple re-issue mechanism, but  
also allowing the <relation> element as a more advanced,  
history-preserving way of re-issuing an entry.

I hope the different paces are clear in what they try to do, and any  
feedback on them is welcome.

____
[1] <url: http://intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/PaceObjectiveIssued>
[2] <url: http://intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/PaceMultipleIssued>
[3] <url: http://intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/PaceIssuedAndRelation>
[4] <url: http://dublincore.org/documents/relation-element/>

-- 
Asbjørn Ulsberg         -=|=-        [email-masked]
«He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away»