Subject: atom:author in feed and entry

From: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:20:50 -0400

The draft 00 spec says "atom:feed elements MUST contain exactly one
atom:author element, UNLESS all of the atom:feed element's child
atom:entry elements contain an atom:author element".

May the atom:feed element contain an atom:author if all of the
relevant atom:entry elements ALSO contain an atom:author?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

-- 
Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> | What are the thoughts of the canvas on
http://nwalsh.com/            | which a masterpiece is being created?
                              | "I am being soiled, brutally treated
                              | and concealed from view." Thus men
                              | grumble at their destiny, however
                              | fair.--Jean Cocteau

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:07:14 -0700

I think this is the crux of the defaulting discussion going on in the 
PaceElementOrder thread; see those messages titled "Disambiguating the 
subject of feed-level metadata." Once we figure that out, this should 
follow...

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:16:30 -0400

/ Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]> was heard to say:
| I think this is the crux of the defaulting discussion going on in the
| PaceElementOrder thread; see those messages titled "Disambiguating the
| subject of feed-level metadata." Once we figure that out, this should
| follow...

I agree. That comment, and the one about summary/content, and several
others were intended only to highlight areas where I thought the spec
was insufficiently clear. I don't have a strong opinion one way or the
other about what the answer is, only that the spec must provide an
answer.

|
| On Jul 11, 2004, at 8:20 AM, Norman Walsh wrote:
|
|> The draft 00 spec says "atom:feed elements MUST contain exactly one
|> atom:author element, UNLESS all of the atom:feed element's child
|> atom:entry elements contain an atom:author element".
|>
|> May the atom:feed element contain an atom:author if all of the
|> relevant atom:entry elements ALSO contain an atom:author?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

-- 
Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> | We humans are such limited
http://nwalsh.com/            | creatures--how is it that there are so
                              | few limits when it comes to human
                              | suffering?--Pierre Marivaux