Subject: Temporary namespaces and version IDs for format draft

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 11:29:34 -0700

This is just a note to say that I've submitted the -00 draft of the 
Atom format for publication as an Internet-Draft. It should appear in 
the Internet-Drafts directly shortly.

The draft incorporates all of the changes listed as 'Accepted' in [1].

To clarify the status of the draft, some text has been added to the 
editorial note:

> The Atom format is a work-in-progress, and this draft is both 
> incomplete and likely to change rapidly. As a result, THE FORMAT 
> DESCRIBED BY THIS DRAFT SHOULD NOT BE DEPLOYED, either in production 
> systems or in any non-experimental fashion on the Internet.

Additionally, the version identifier and namespace URI have both been 
changed to clearly identify experimental uses of this draft; the 
version ID is "draft-ietf-atompub-format-00: do not deploy" and the 
namespace URI is 
"http://purl.org/atom/ns#draft-ietf-atompub-format-00".

Please discuss; if it's a problem, we can change it in -01.

Regards,

1. http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/AtomPubIssuesList

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/