Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:29:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Atom Publishing Format and Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Atom Publishing Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Gregorio, R. Sayre
	Filename	: draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2004-7-22
	
This memo presents a protocol for using XML (Extensible Markup
   Language) and HTTP (HyperText Transport Protocol) to edit content.

   The Atom Publishing Protocol is an application-level protocol for
   publishing and editing Web resources belonging to periodically
   updated websites.  The protocol at its core is the HTTP transport of
   Atom-formatted representations.  The Atom format is documented in the
   Atom Syndication Format (draft-ietf-atompub-format-00.txt).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Joe Gregorio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:09:08 -0400

>         Filename        : draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-01.txt

As usual the HTML version and side-by-side diffs 
can be found at: http://bitworking.org/projects/atom/

    -joe
  
-- 
Joe Gregorio        http://bitworking.org

---

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:09:59 -0700

> Working Group of the IETF.

And about time too, a tip 'o the hat to Paul for jarring this loose 
from the process.

But really, I just wanted to say "thanks" on behalf of the whole 
community to Mnot, Joe, and Rob for getting these things polished up 
and out the door.  We've got an active group, competent editors, and a 
tractable problem, there's no reason why this shouldn't go down in the 
books as an example of a standard done right.  Assuming of course we 
can shake out consensus on the "dates" issue :) -Tim