Subject: RE: Atom 0.3 Spec Confusion - atom:link & atom:id

From: steve jenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 23:06:27 -0700

> > Does "alternate" mean "the link specified is the location of this
> > feed"?
>
> From memory, link/[@rel="service.feed"] would specify that. It would be nice
> to have that required in the feed (for one-click subscriptions mechanisms).

service.feed means that if you query it as a Atom API FeedURI resource
(i.e. with a GET and with your credentials) you'll get back a feed of entries
so you can navigate to the entry you want to edit (and query that entry's
service.edit rel or EditURI). It's not the feed that we subscribe to in our
aggregators (so I expect this to become "this isn't 'subscribable' so don't
call it <feed>, part deux")

http://bitworking.org/projects/atom/draft-gregorio-09.html#FeedURI

> I note in passing that some blogspot templates use 'service.feed' instead of
> 'alternate', which defeats NNW's auto-discovery mechanism :-(

Yes, this has broken somehow. I'll get a fix in for it this week. All Blogger
blogs created since January should have service.feed, service.post, and
alternate links.

Thank you for the note,
-steve