Subject: [ADMIN] Can we make the default "Reply to list"?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 07:33:40 EDT

I wonder whether we can make the default for this list "Reply to list"?

Shouldn't the norm be to continue discussion of substantive points on list?

Andrew Watt

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:31:01 -0600

> Shouldn't the norm be to continue discussion of substantive points on

The default for IETF lists is reply-to-sender. I've been down this road
with the XMPP WG list and believe me, it's not worth a lengthy flame war,
because the result is a foregone conclusion. Within the IETF, the forces
of opposition to reply-to munging have long been ascendant, and resistance
is futile.

Personally I use Gmane and a newsreader for this list and a boatload of
others, which is good for many reasons, not least of which that NTTP
defaults to reply-to-list (after all, that's the point of a newsgroup).
Details here: <http://www.gmane.org/>.

Peter