Subject: Atom terminology

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:12:22 +0200

I've created AtomTerminology[1]. This page is not yet something we can  
squeeze into the specification, but it would be nice to have it in the  
specification if it gets thorough enough. Anyway, if we get the  
definitions down, it would be a good way to know what everyone is talking  
about when they're flinging out all kinds of words and phrases related to  
syndication and aggregation.

I hope that there are others on this list that might be interested in  
helping me write it up, because it is something not only the specification  
could have use for, but us. Now. Other specifications[2] has terminology  
definitions, so it wouldn't hurt if Atom had one as well. But initially, I  
see the page as clarifying for us when discussing Atom.

____
[1] <url: http://intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/AtomTerminology>
[2] <url:  
http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/2/06/LC/soap12-part1.html#terminology>

-- 
Asbjørn Ulsberg         -=|=-        [email-masked]
«He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away»

---

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 08:17:44 +0200

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:33:12 -0700, Jens Alfke <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I've created AtomTerminology[1].
>
> Thanks! Could you consider adding "Pace" to that list?

Done. I separated the list so it can contain both syndication and «other  
stuff», and I'm not sure these are the best headlines. Feel free to edit  
the page if you have a suggestion of better headlines and also better  
description of any of the words and phrases.