Subject: Re: PaceDateline

From: "Arve Bersvendsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 23:21:23 +0200

* Tim Bray:

> Here is a list of technologies that, at the time of their arrival, were 
> denounced as being "too simple": Unix, C, SQL, HTML, HTTP, XML, SMTP.  
> Simple is good.  Simple gets adopted.  Simple wins.  -Tim

Could we please at least _attempt_ to refrain from wilfully commiting
fallacies when making our arguments?

That Unix was claimed to be too simple, yet wins does not imply that if Atom
is claimed to be "too simple", Atom wins.

---

From: Bill de hÓra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:04:05 +0100

> is claimed to be "too simple", Atom wins. 

No-one said that. But the history suggests we should take simplicity 
seriously as a trade-off against completeness when it comes to 
adoption - certainly that's been my experience.

cheers
Bill