Subject: Editorial proposal to replace "MAY contain any namespace-qualified elements as children"

From: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 10:07:51 -0400

I imagine that this phrase is intended to exclude random elements from
the atom: namespace. In other words, I don't think that phrase is
intended to allow

  <atom:entry ...>
    <atom:myNewElement/>
  </atom:entry>

If that's the case, I think it would be better described along these
lines:

The children of the (feed|entry) element MAY contain:

 1. White space characters, but no other characters.
 2. Any namespace-qualified [W3C.REC-xml-names-19990114] elements with
    a namespace name other than
    http://purl.org/atom/ns#draft-ietf-atompub-format-00
 3. Or those elements in the atom namespace explicitly called out in
    this specification.

Ordering of the element children of atom:entry element MUST NOT be
considered significant.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

-- 
Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> | The belief in a supernatural source of
http://nwalsh.com/            | evil is not necessary; men alone are
                              | quite capable of every
                              | wickedness.--Joseph Conrad