Subject: 3.1.1 "type" Attribute

From: Eric Scheid <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:43:13 +1000

> 3.1.1  "type" Attribute
> 
>  Content constructs MAY have a "type" attribute, whose value indicates
>  the media type of the content.  When present, this attribute's value
>  MUST be a media type [RFC2045].  If this attribute is not present,
>  processors MUST behave as if it were present with a value of "text/
>  plain".

given the MUST clause, we should include spec text that explains that the
'type' attribute is only advisory, right?

e.

---

From: Eric Scheid <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:30:47 +1000

> 'type' attribute is only advisory, right?

doh!

it's been pointed out to me off list that the content being described by
@type in <content> is right there in the feed itself, and so should match
unless something is really screwed.

down the track however: if we ever allow @src for out of band content then
@type would then (in that use case) need to be advisory only.

e.