Subject: Re: Date Options Survey

From: "Arve Bersvendsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:37:49 +0200

* Tim Bray
> Please at this time do *not* argue about the definitions or 
> classifications, this is meant as a blunt-edged data gathering 
> exercise.  -Tim

While I have answered the survey, I would like to state that I think this
survey is premature and incomplete as long as we don't agree on the specific
meaning of some of the dates - we really need to have consensus on "What does
X mean" before we can actually form an opinion on X.

-- 
Arve Bersvendsen

---

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 18:32:12 -0700

> X mean" before we can actually form an opinion on X.

You're entitled to that opinion, but I talked it over with Paul and 
Sam, and we agreed that we had a good-enough shared understanding to do 
some information gathering.  As co-chair, my job is to help move this 
process along and it's our judgment that this will help.  Mind you, I 
could have launched it at a better time than late afternoon on a Summer 
Friday. -Tim