Subject: PaceEntryTopLevel -- editorial

From: Ken MacLeod <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Jul 2004 10:07:44 -0500

== Abstract ==

  This Pace proposes making atom:entry a top-level section in the Atom
  Format document.

== Status ==

  Open -- Editorial.

  Updates: draft-ietf-atompub-format-00

== Rationale ==

  * The atom:entry is a significant element construct in the feed and
    it would read easier if it were detailed in its own major section.

  * The atom:entry element is used as a root or document type element
    in the Atom publishing protocol and is suggested for use as a
    document type in several other use-cases, some of which may
    eventually become part of the Atom Format formally.

== Proposal ==

  "Raise" section 4.13 to its own section following section 4.

  4.13 would now read:

      "atom:entry" elements represent individual entries that are
       contained by the feed.  atom:feed elements MAY contain one or
       more atom:entry elements as defined in section XX.

  -- Ken