Subject: Re: Work Queue Rotation #3

From: Randy Charles Morin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:38:17 -0700 (PDT)

Tim wrote: 
>Some people, probably including Randy Charles Morin 
>& Dare Obasanjo, should pull together a new Pace

How about we take Joe's [1] suggestion and break the SOAP implementation off into a separate Internet Draft. I'd rather do this because I've found that Paces are often the place where ideas go to die.
Thanks,
 
Randy
 
[1] http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg06791.html

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We finish.

---

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:21:54 -0700

On Jul 14, 2004, at 1:38 PM, Randy Charles Morin wrote:

> How about we take Joe's [1] suggestion and break the SOAP 
> implementation off into a separate Internet Draft. I'd rather do this 
> because I've found that Paces are often the place where ideas go to 
> die.

I'm inclined to disagree twice.  In our brief history, we've adopted 
about 50% of the Paces we've considered, so the "go to die" remark is 
not supported by the evidence.  Second, if the Atom Protocol is going 
to include a SOAP mode, I think that should be in there as a 
first-class citizen so that we can write clean rules, for example 
requiring server implementations to provide both.  -Tim