Subject: Media (paper)clips article

From: Danny Ayers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:14:39 +0200

Contains some design discussion about XML attachments/enclosures in
the context of video, SVG and SMIL. Note the correction at the bottom
of the page:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/10/13/sacre.html

Following the references in that piece, I'm tempted* to say Atom
should avoid NotInventedHere and ReinventingTheWheel and use (suitably
namespace-qualified) SMIL elements, specifically its BasicMedia
Module. See:

http://www.w3.org/TR/smil20/extended-media-object.html#media-BasicMedia

Cheers,
Danny.

* Only tempted, because like I keep saying, I don't believe
implementation patterns necessarily make sense for specifications.

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?NotInventedHere
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ReinventingTheWheel

-- 

http://dannyayers.com