Subject: [ANN] Atom client implemented with XForms

From: "Mark Birbeck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:05:07 +0100

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to say that if anyone is interested, we've implemented an
Atom client using XForms. My main motivation for doing it was to see what
features would need to be added to XForms in order to make it work with
'layered' protocols such as Atom and WebDAV. There are quite a few features
that we need that are not in XForms 1.0, but by adding them to formsPlayer
(my company's product) to get the Atom client to work, I believe we've
provided a strong argument for their inclusion in the forthcoming XForms
1.1.

However, I'm no expert on Atom, so I'd recommend that if you see other
features that you think should be added to the XForms language that would
make a difference in your space, you should suggest them on the XForms
Working Group mailing list:

  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/>

An XForm that interacts with Blogger.com (not currently a great
implementation of the Atom API!) is available from our home page:

  <http://www.formsPlayer.com/>

All the best, and keep up the good work!

Regards,

Mark

Mark Birbeck
CEO
x-port.net Ltd.

e: [email-masked]
t: +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
w: http://www.formsPlayer.com/

Download our XForms processor from
http://www.formsPlayer.com/