Subject: PaceLinkTitle

From: Antone Roundy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:19:48 -0600

+1 on the idea, but a few adjustments are needed.  The title should be 
a "Text Construct" though, now that PaceReformedContent3 has been 
accepted.  The proposed text doesn't specify whether the title is 
required.  It should be optional (it's not needed, for example, for 
"start", "prev" and "next" links).

---

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:50:30 -0400

Antone Roundy wrote:
> 
> +1 on the idea, but a few adjustments are needed.  The title should be a 
> "Text Construct" though, now that PaceReformedContent3 has been 

-1 on the idea. Use an "Accept-Language" header to get the best language 
in the first place, and reference entries in alternate languages by 
linking. This is overkill, and kind of useless in the absence of 
multiple content elements.

Robert Sayre

---

From: Eric Scheid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 13:37:00 +1000

> multiple content elements.

xml:lang refers to the language of the attributes and child elements, not to
the language of the linked resource. We'd need to use hreflang for that, or
as you say, use an Accept-Language header.

Although: I don't know many FTP servers that know how to handle an
Accept-Language header, for those links with an ftp:// URI, such as a link
to the newest draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-02.txt document ;-)

hreflang is useful when Accept-Language is unsupported (whether by the
protocol or the user-agent or the server).

e.