Subject: PaceReplaceLinkElement

From: Danny Ayers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:17:11 +0200

+1

Slightly guarded - I'm not so sure of the detail of the suggested
syntax, e.g. something like

<service-post>
  
might be better expressed as

<service method="post">

and I do reckon there's a role for <link rel...>  as an extension
point, specifically for link-like relationships. But generally,
tidying up <link> is long overdue.

Cheers,
Danny

-- 

http://dannyayers.com

---

From: Eric Scheid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 13:15:47 +1000

-1

linking resources is too fundamental to require yet another extension module
every time someone wants to express a link with a new relationship.

e.

---

From: Danny Ayers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 12:12:26 +0200

Eric, I agree entirely. 
But I interpreted the Pace as suggesting replacement elements for core
terms that could be expressed in a clearer fashion, that's what my +1
was for, not  getting rid of it as an extension point.

Perhaps this needs refactoring into PaceRefactorLinkElement..?

-- 

http://dannyayers.com

---

From: Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 15:34:04 +0100

> every time someone wants to express a link with a new relationship.

Module? What the hell is a module? All you have to do is invent a 
namespace for yourself and you're done.

Graham

---

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:18:13 +0200

> might be better expressed as

+1. I agree. Prefixing all methods with 'service-' would almost make  
'service' an own namespace, only it's not. So pushing the method of the  
element out into an attribute is natural, although we won't expect to  
extend this very much. It's just clearer and neater that way.

-- 
Asbjørn Ulsberg    -=|=-     http://virtuelvis.com/quark/
«He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away»

---

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:29:54 -0400

> extend this very much. It's just clearer and neater that way.

-1. Let's not assert which methods are allowed on these resources. The 
element should describe what the resource is, not what methods are 
allowed. Use OPTIONS for that.

Robert Sayre

---

From: Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:56:35 +0100

PaceReplaceLinkElement needs to be updated slightly to reflect that 
PaceServiceElement has been accepted, and thus the service elements are 
no longer part of the link element.

(I love how people around here will argue over anything)

Graham

On 10 Oct 2004, at 4:29 pm, Robert Sayre wrote:

>
> Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:
>> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:17:11 +0200, Danny Ayers 
>> <[email-masked]>  wrote:
>>> <service-post>
>> 'service' an own namespace, only it's not. So pushing the method of 
>> the  element out into an attribute is natural, although we won't 
>> expect to  extend this very much. It's just clearer and neater that 
>> way.
>