Subject: PaceLinkTitle

From: Danny Ayers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:11:29 +0200

+0

I think this should be considered in the context of the structural
semantics of the format and any conventions derived from their
definition. At the moment there's isn't much in the way of systematic
definition (e.g. that a child element applies to its immediate
parent), it's all very term-by-term, with a hint of visual consistency
thrown in for good measure...

-- 

http://dannyayers.com

---

From: Eric Scheid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 13:09:27 +1000

the pace is lacking examples, but I think the proposal was to allow
something like this:

    <link ...>
        <title xml:lang="fr">Moi!</title>
        <title xml:lang="en">Me!</title>
    </link>

but doesn't xml:lang also apply to element attributes?

e.

---

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 05:48:18 +0200

>but doesn't xml:lang also apply to element attributes?

See http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V10-3e-errata#E01 for the latest
thoughts of the XML Core Working Group on this matter.