Subject: DateSpecTests

From: Danny Ayers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:09:38 +0200

Some semi-formal tests to help determine whether what's been specified
for dates (PaceDateUpdated, PaceDateModified, PaceUpdatedDefinition)
will work in practice.

http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/DateSpecTests
(sorry about the layout, the Wiki won't let me edit again)

== Use Cases == 

How would the following be handled -

Choosing latest entry from multiple feeds: 

http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg10894.html

Single feed for project documentation: 

http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg10931.html 

=== Analysis ===

Would Bob's analysis hold? -

[[
This implies that if I find multiple versions of an entry, I should
ignore all but the *first* instance of an entry found with any
particular atom:updated value. I should not be concerned with
identifying the "latest" version since any version that shares the
same atom:updated value is equivalent in the opinion of the publisher.
The opinion of the publisher is paramount in these issues.
]]
http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg10930.html 

=== General Case ===

On atom-syntax:

Danny:
>> Are they planning on using atom:updated to signal typo changes?
>>
Robert:
> That's what I'll be doing.

Do you consider that typical or exceptional behaviour?

-- 

http://dannyayers.com