Subject: modifications to PaceSimpleResourcePosting

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:19:31 -0400

As promised, I've documented the changes Joe and I felt were appropriate.

The following was redundant given the definition of the 201 response--
[If the request is successful then the server returns a new unique URI
where a representation of the resource may be retrieved. The URI
returned MUST be suitable for use in a subsequent HTTP GET and MUST
return the resource data originally uploaded. The URI returned MAY also
be usable for editing of the resource via PUT and DELETE, or via full
WebDAV.]

Removed--
[Locating
(Note: There is an open discussion regarding the use of @title to
distinguish links associated with different feeds; this proposal will
follow whatever the consensus is on that point.)]

Response
contradicts the introduction--
"The returned resource URI SHOULD also support PUT and DELETE."

Removed from response code 201--
[The returned resource URI SHOULD also support PUT and DELETE]
Method privileges and support are not to be mandated. We can specify how 
tasks are to be accomplished, but not that they "SHOULD" be.

[The server MAY return an ETag or other caching information in the 
response, and the client and any intermediate proxies MAY use the 
information returned in this response for normal caching.]
We are using HTTP, so this is redundant.

Response code 400--
Problems considering draft 01 language, updated to match PostURI

Added Response code 415--
Added to account for supported MIME types.

Robert Sayre