Subject: PaceDateOfSubject

From: Antone Roundy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:21:50 -0600

-1.  Let's leave this to an extension covering the issue more 
comprehensively.

---

From: Eric Scheid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 13:29:21 +1000

> -1.  Let's leave this to an extension covering the issue more

There's a limit to just how much more is needed before we start getting into
specifics of use cases.

Eg: An extension could include lots more details to support the calendar
event use case, but would that include horoscope-sign elements (to support
the birthday use case)? And vice versa, plus throw in other use cases.

There are tangible points of improvement in the proposed pace though:

* loosening the date format to allow whole day or local-time values
* facilitating a date range mechanism (my preference is for doing this in
the date format a la ISO 8601)

Suggestions for replacement spec text are welcome.

e.