Subject: Atom DTD?

From: Henry Story <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:26:57 +0100

Is there a DTD available for the current spec?
Or something similar?

Otherwise how could I specify the equivalent of

<!ATTLIST atom:head rdf:parseType CDATA #FIXED "Resource">
<!ATTLIST atom:entry rdf:parseType CDATA #FIXED "Resource">

in the spec?
I suppose we just say something like:

the head element has a hidden default attribute of rdf:parseType with a 
fixed value of "Resource"

Henry Story

---

From: Bill de hÓra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:24:44 +0000

> Is there a DTD available for the current spec?

DTD's won't help (elements aren't ordered). Norm Walsh and Dave Pawson 
had an rnc schema up somewhere; don't know if they are still keeping in 
sync with the spec.

cheers
Bill

---

From: Danny Ayers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:03:18 +0100

Just realised I hadn't forwarded this to the list - it's only a first
pass based on a sample instance (from Henry) -

<!DOCTYPE atom:feed [
<!ELEMENT atom:head (atom:entry)+>

<!ATTLIST feed xmlns (CDATA) #FIXED
"http://purl.org/atom/ns#draft-ietf-atompub-format-03">

<!ATTLIST atom:feed xmlns:atom (CDATA) #FIXED
"http://purl.org/atom/ns#draft-ietf-atompub-format-03">
<!ATTLIST atom:feed xmlns:rdf CDATA #FIXED
"http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">

<!ELEMENT atom:head (atom:title, atom:link, atom:updated, atom:author)>
<!ATTLIST atom:head rdf:parseType CDATA #FIXED "Resource">

<!ELEMENT atom:entry (atom:title, atom:link, atom:id, atom:update)>
<!ATTLIST atom:entry rdf:parseType CDATA #FIXED "Resource">

<!ELEMENT atom:id (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT atom:title (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT atom:link (#PCDATA)>
<!ATTLIST atom:link atom:href CDATA>

<!ELEMENT atom:author (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT atom:author (atom:name)>
<!ELEMENT atom:name (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT atom:updated (#PCDATA)>
]>

-- 

http://dannyayers.com

---

From: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:51:35 -0500

/ Bill de hÓra <[email-masked]> was heard to say:
| Henry Story wrote:
|> Is there a DTD available for the current spec?
|
| DTD's won't help (elements aren't ordered). Norm Walsh and Dave Pawson
| had an rnc schema up somewhere; don't know if they are still keeping
| in sync with the spec.

I plan to sync it when the next Atom ID comes out.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

-- 
Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> | It is as easy for the strong man to be
http://nwalsh.com/            | strong, as it is for the weak to be
                              | weak.-- Emerson