Subject: Work Queue Rotation #15

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:01:55 -0800

The following are dropped for lack of support:

- PaceAltExtensibilityAndVersioning: one -1, no support from anyone.

- PaceExtensibilityAndVersioning: one -0 and one -1.

- PaccExtensibilityAndVersioningNoScenarios: one -0, no support from anyone.

- PaceExtensionNamespace: two -1, no support from anyone.

- PaceMinimalEntryVersioning: one +1, two -1s, and a 0-to--1..

- PaceMustUnderstandElement: a few positive responses, a bunch of 
very negative responses.

- PaceSupersede: two -1s, no support from anyone.

It's not all negative. PaceExtensionConstruct got a good bit of 
discussion and was heavily revised by its author in response. I think 
this has a good chance of being accepted after another round of 
discussion. That discussion should happen *soon* while we are still 
thinking about the extension mechanisms we want. Recycle with the new 
wording.

Also, PaceExtendingAtom got one +1 from the author, but no other 
discussion. I think we should reconsider it as an addition after the 
stuff from PaceExtensionConstruct (if we accept that pace) or as all 
of section 9 (if we don't accept PaceExtensionConstruct); otherwise, 
we aren't helping folks who are thinking about extending Atom. 
Recycle.

We're still making good progress, but there is more to be done.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: Danny Ayers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:55:47 +0100

> The following are dropped for lack of support:

No objections there - I, and probably others abstained from commenting
on this batch, as the new proposals were in the pipeline.

> thinking about the extension mechanisms we want. Recycle with the new

Yep. I expect Henry's AtomAsRDF/AtomOWL will have been refactored too,
I would think it appropriate to include that/those in the same round.

(If I get this last doc rewrite finished this morning, I might even
have chance to look at this stuff properly myself ;-)

Cheers,
Danny.

-- 

http://dannyayers.com