Subject: PacePropertyDesign

From: Antone Roundy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:42:10 -0700

http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/PacePropertyDesign

> * Simple
>
>       The content of the element MUST be CDATA, and have no attributes.
Perhaps "character data" instead of "CDATA" would be better, as a quick 
reading might be taken to imply that the content must be in <![CDATA[ 
]]>.

> * RDF Resource
>
>       The Element MUST be empty and MUST have a single attribute 
> denoted by the tuple
>
>       {http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#,resource}.
Perhaps those who need to know will understand this, but I haven't the 
slightest idea what it means.

Why does this pace only address child elements of atom:head and 
atom:entry, and not atom:author, or other arbitrary locations?

I noticed that, unlike PaceExtensionConstruct, this pace does not 
provide any method to signal the difference simple, XML (or 
"structured") and RDF resource.  Could anyone comment on why something 
like atom:notation might or might not be needed?

---

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:56:19 -0500

I never finished this Pace, and it can be considered withdrawn.

Robert Sayre

Antone Roundy wrote:

> Perhaps "character data" instead of "CDATA" would be better, as a 
> quick reading might be taken to imply that the content must be in 
> <![CDATA[ ]]>.
>
>> * RDF Resource
>>