Subject: atom:contributor

From: David Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:53:11 +0000

The semantics of atom:contributor weren't obvious to me.  Is this
correct:

atom:feed/atom:head/atom:author is a syntactic default for all entries
that are missing an author.

atom:feed/atom:head/atom:contributor is a set of regular contributors
and authors of a feed, which may or may not have contributed to, or
authored entries currently in the feed.

Contributors to the feed do not act as defaults for entries with
missing contributors, and they are not merged with entries with
missing contributors.

I found the symmetry between feed authors and entry authors, and feed
contributors and entry contributors a bit confusing? Did everyone else
understand it? Could it do with any clarification?

-- 
Dave

---

From: David Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:58:13 +0000

[corrected typo]

[old:]

> missing contributors, and they are not merged with entries with

[new:]

Contributors to the feed do not act as defaults for entries with
missing contributors, and they are not merged with the set of
contributors in an entry.

-- 
Dave