Subject: Re: Atom Implementation Guide: seeking co-editor

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 11:06:26 EDT

Hi Mark,

Like you, I am not short of things to do but would be willing to contribute 
to this process. 

I guess the first thing to be clarified is whether the WG wants an 
Implementation Guide or not. Then, assuming they do, an idea of hoped-for timetable and 
scope would be good.

Since I have, on the whole, sat back and let the discussion/war flow on this 
list I guess I should briefly mention some relevant credentials. Since writing 
text seems to be the main task which needs to be done I will focus comments 
in that direction. 

I guess the most recent relevant writing is as co-author with Danny Ayers of 
Beginning RSS & Atom Programming which should be published by Wrox any day 
now. 

I have also written all or part of various XML or XML-associated books 
including Pro XML (2nd Edition), Beginning XML (3rd Edition), Pro XSL, Teach 
Yourself XML in 10 Minutes, XPath Essentials, XML Schema Essentials and Designing SVG 
Web Graphics.

I have also, in times past, poked hard with the pointy stick at assorted W3C 
working drafts including XSLT 2.0, XPath 2.0, XQuery 1.0, SVG 1.x and XForms 
1.0.

If anyone well-qualified has lots of time on their hands I would be happy to 
let them proceed with the task. :)

Andrew Watt

In a message dated 06/05/2005 14:52:28 GMT Daylight Time, [email-masked] 
writes:

> In case this got buried in the previous thread, last fall I wrote but
> never publicized a minimal draft of an Atom Implementation Guide.
> 
> http://diveintomark.org/rfc/draft-ietf-atompub-impl-guide-00.html
> 
> Due to my commitments elsewhere, I can not promise that I will ever
> finish this alone.  If the WG wants to publish an implementation guide
> as an RFC, I need a co-editor who is willing to write -- not provide
> feedback, not sit in the peanut gallery and poke at it with sharp
> pointy objects, but actually *write* -- a substantial portion of it. 
> You would have complete control over its direction and be listed as
> the primary author; I may be able to contribute specific sections as
> time permits.
> 
> Please reply on-list.
> 
> -- 
> Cheers,
> -Mark
>