Subject: Atom Implementation Guide: seeking co-editor

From: Mark Pilgrim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 08:51:45 -0500

In case this got buried in the previous thread, last fall I wrote but
never publicized a minimal draft of an Atom Implementation Guide.

http://diveintomark.org/rfc/draft-ietf-atompub-impl-guide-00.html

Due to my commitments elsewhere, I can not promise that I will ever
finish this alone.  If the WG wants to publish an implementation guide
as an RFC, I need a co-editor who is willing to write -- not provide
feedback, not sit in the peanut gallery and poke at it with sharp
pointy objects, but actually *write* -- a substantial portion of it. 
You would have complete control over its direction and be listed as
the primary author; I may be able to contribute specific sections as
time permits.

Please reply on-list.

-- 
Cheers,
-Mark

---

From: Bill de hÓra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 15:39:10 +0100

> the primary author; I may be able to contribute specific sections as

Tim at a time into my inbox earlier than the above:

"Given the volume of debate, it's obvious there may be more work to do 
here.  Paul and I have asked Phil Ringnalda to co-edit the autodiscovery 
spec, and he's accepted.  "

Crossed wires?

cheers
Bill

---

From: Anne van Kesteren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 16:42:05 +0200

> spec, and he's accepted.  "

Euh, the autodiscovery specification is not really equal to the 
implementation guide.

-- 
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>

---

From: Bill de hÓra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 15:54:33 +0100

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> here.  Paul and I have asked Phil Ringnalda to co-edit the 
>> autodiscovery spec, and he's accepted.  "
>>
>> Crossed wires?
> 
> 

To tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track 
myself. My crossed wires then, never mind.

cheers
Bill

---

From: Eric Scheid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 00:59:35 +1000

> spec, and he's accepted.  "

auto discovery spec != implementation guide

e.

---

From: Eric Scheid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 01:08:06 +1000

> the primary author; I may be able to contribute specific sections as

I believe I can commit to this.

You've provided a good outline, which is 80% of the work (writing the
content is the other 80% ;-)

e.