Subject: Atom 1.0 ootb with MT3.2

From: Bill de hÓra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:03:08 +0100

Here's the feedvalidator results for my journal served up as Atom1.0 as
per MT3.2's Atom1.0 template

http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dehora.net%2Fjournal%2Fatom.xml

I also see it uses tag: uris as the atom:id value. I think I'll change
the template to use the http: URI generated by MT3.2 for the individual
entries instead of the tag: (what the rest of the world calls
permalinks). I haven't tried to import/export to see if the atom:id is
preserved across installations.

Speaking of URIs and IDs, there is a gotcha around archive URIs if you
are upgrading to MT 3.2 [1].

cheers
Bill

[1]
<http://www.dehora.net/journal/2005/09/did_you_know_that_mt32_clips_the_basename_to_30_chars_by_default_and_if_youre_not_careful_an_import_will_trash_your_permalinks.html>

---

From: "A. Pagaltzis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 17:27:42 +0200

* Bill de hÓra <[email-masked]> [2005-09-09 14:10]:
> I also see it uses tag: uris as the atom:id value. I think I'll
> change the template to use the http: URI generated by MT3.2 for
> the individual entries instead of the tag: (what the rest of
> the world calls permalinks).

Just make sure it doesn’t change the permalink when you edit the
entry title. A lot of software still has this habit. (And if MT
3.2 doesn’t, it would be nice to know so, too.)

Regards,
-- 
Aristotle Pagaltzis // <http://plasmasturm.org/>

---

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 09:40:42 -0700

> http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dehora.net% 

I'm getting a 404 on that (or rather the feedValidator is) -Tim

> <http://www.dehora.net/journal/2005/09/ 
> did_you_know_that_mt32_clips_the_basename_to_30_chars_by_default_and_i 
> f_youre_not_careful_an_import_will_trash_your_permalinks.html>
>
>

---

From: Bill de hÓra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:00:08 +0100

> I'm getting a 404 on that (or rather the feedValidator is) -Tim

Yeah, sorry. I have a ticket in to transfer the domain, but wasn't
expecting anything to happen until next week (who'da thunk anything to
do with DNS could happen on the same working day).

cheers
Bill

---

From: Bill de hÓra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:10:50 +0100

> do with DNS could happen on the same working day).

Ok, looks like I exist again, so that URL will work now. basically
things look not so bad, here's the summary:

[[[
line 7, column 141: service.post is not a valid link relationship
... eblog/blog_id=3" title="Bill de hÓra" />

line 15, column 163: service.edit is not a valid link relationship (15
occurrences)
... id=1688" title="XML Virtual Machines" />

line 157, column 33: Two entries with the same value for atom:updated (9
occurrences)
    <updated>2005-09-09T10:56:08Z</updated>
                                 ^

line 300, column 305: summary should not contain HTML unless declared in
the type attribute (2 occurrences)
... "http://example.com/person/elvis">...]]></summary>
]]]

cheers
Bill

---

From: Bill de hÓra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:55:02 +0100

> ... "http://example.com/person/elvis">...]]></summary>

Resolutions:

service.edit/service.post: MT seems to be working off
draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-03. Not sure what to do about those, other
than remove them.

The date issue can be ignored; I recently had to regenerate my feeds.

The summary with HTML I intend to fix by placing an @type attribute on
the template that will apply to all summaries (since MT has no logic to
check).

cheers
Bill