Subject: Unofficial last call on draft-snell-atompub-feed-license-03.txt

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:37:42 -0700

Over the past couple of weeks I've been working on a number of proposed 
Atom extensions that I am moving forward with as standards-track RFC's 
through individual submission.

I believe that the License extension -- 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-snell-atompub-feed-license-03.txt 
-- is complete and ready for an unofficial last call.  Before I submit 
this to Scott Hollenbeck asking for it to become a standards-track RFC, 
I would like to invite the members of the WG to comment | praise | 
complain | improve | all-of-the-above.  In >= 2 weeks I'll make any 
appropriate changes and submit the draft to Scott.

Summary: introduces a Link relation for associating copyright licenses 
(e.g. creative commons) with feeds and entries
Example:
   <feed>
      ...
      <link rel="license" type="text/html" 
href="http://creativecommons.org/..." />
      <entry>
        ...
        <link rel="license" type="text/html" 
href="http://creativecommons.org/..." />
        <link rel="license" type="text/html" 
href="http://example.com/..." />
      </entry>
   </feed>
   Feed is licensed under a creative commons license
   Entry is dual licensed (creative commons and some other type)

- James