Subject: RE: Feed History -04

From: "Lindsley Brett-ABL001" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 07:30:54 -0400

I would like to toss out another thought - since the updated time of a
feed is required, maybe it can be used to help determine the feed
order/history. 
For example, if following a "next" link (or pick your favorite term), if
the updated time gets older, then the client can understand these
entries are from an earlier time. If when following the "next" link the
updated time stays the same, then the client can assume this is just
more of the same collection from the previous point in time (unordered
collection). Just a thought...

Brett Lindsley, Motorola Labs.

---

From: Eric Scheid <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 23:36:47 +1000

> collection). Just a thought...

Won't work -- older date-paged archives may have an entry updated anytime in
the future, and thus not only does that entry get a more recent atom:updated
than any entries intervening then and now, but the feed itself will also get
a more recent atom:updated.

e.