Subject: RE: Signifying a Complete Feed

From: "Byrne Reese" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:20:04 -0400

If only to make the nature of a feed, or state of a feed more
deterministic and less ambiguous...?

Nottingham's Feed History achieves this objective for me. I *knew* I had
read something about this somewhere. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Robert Sayre
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 1:51 PM
To: Graham
Cc: atom-syntax
Subject: Re: Signifying a Complete Feed

On 10/13/05, Graham <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Point to any text in the spec that backs this up.

The spec says only "The 'atom:content' element either contains or
links to the content of the entry."

Any assertion that there is no other content to be had is not
testable, and therefore rightly excluded from the spec. I don't see
what harm the proposed extension could do, but it doesn't sound like
something I would implement. What's the benefit?

Robert Sayre