Subject: WikiWikiWeb (was: Autodiscovery Draft Issues)

From: "Robert Sayre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:45:48 -0500

On 11/29/06, Lachlan Hunt <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> James M Snell wrote:
> > To document best practice as it relates specifically to syndication
> > feeds.
>
> It's not entirely clear what that actually means.  How would it be any
> different from, or more useful than, existing documentation on the
> subject that has been around for the past 3 or 4 years.

Well, it would be much less useful, since IETF documents don't have
pictures or unicode or translations.

With encouragement from the RSS-Public mailing list, I've taken their
Creative-Commons spec and pubilshed it here:

http://feedautodiscovery.org/

I removed the RFC 2119 reference, since I was told they were giving
"advice", and using SHOULD for it, which doesn't jive with the 2119
definitions.

Now, the Atom list should jump in and update the document so it does
justice to both formats. It's a wiki... just go for it.

(the CSS is a little rough still... I'll work on prettying it up)

-- 

Robert Sayre