Subject: Autodiscovery Draft

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:50:40 -0700

I'm assuming that since there was no additional expressed interest in
moving forward with the Atom autodiscovery draft that it's not going to
go anywhere.  My current intention is to go ahead and let it expire
again without any further modifications.

- James

---

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:49:01 -0700

The autodisco draft originally authored by Mark Pilgrim and resurrected
by me late last year.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-snell-atompub-autodiscovery-00.txt

- James

Jan Algermissen wrote:
> James,
> 
> what draft do you refer to?
> 
> Thanks,
> Jan
> 
> On 19.03.2007, at 20:50, James M Snell wrote:
> 
>>

---

From: Jan Algermissen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:40:08 +0100

James,

Thanks,
Jan

---

From: John Panzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:00:34 -0700

There were strong suggestions at the time, I think, that this was part 
of HTML and should belong to the WHAT-WG.

So is there a WHAT-WG document to look at?

Also, is there a standard way to discover the collection associated with 
a feed?  (Given that, if there is an IETF or WHAT-WG way to discover 
feeds, there's an obvious way to discover collections... but I'm not 
clear on what that would be.  I do think that collection autodisco is 
important.)

-John

---

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:04:54 -0700

John Panzer wrote:
> [snip]

An app:collection element can appear within atom:feed and atom:source
elements.

- James

---

From: Eric Scheid <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:44:13 +1100

On 20/3/07 9:00 AM, "John Panzer" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Also, is there a standard way to discover the collection associated with a
> feed?  (Given that, if there is an IETF or WHAT-WG way to discover feeds,
> there's an obvious way to discover collections... but I'm not clear on what
> that would be.  I do think that collection autodisco is important.)

please remember that there may be multiple collections collated into one
feed ... and that various members of one collection may be represented in
many different feeds.

it's not 1:1.

e.

---

From: "Anne van Kesteren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 08:44:36 +0100

> So is there a WHAT-WG document to look at?

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#linkTypes

-- 
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>
<http://www.opera.com/>

---

From: Elliotte Harold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:42:10 -0400

> So is there a WHAT-WG document to look at?

Yes. http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#link-type5

-- 
Elliotte Rusty Harold  [email-masked]
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!
http://www.cafeaulait.org/books/javaio2/
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0596527500/ref=nosim/cafeaulaitA/