Subject: [Fwd: Document Action: 'Atom License Extension' to Experimental RFC]

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 11:19:35 -0400

FYI... still waiting on the RFC#.

- James

-------- Original Message --------
[snip]
The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Atom License Extension '
   <draft-snell-atompub-feed-license-11.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-snell-atompub-feed-license-11.txt

Technical Summary

  This document proposes a way to put license information into Atom feeds
and entries.  One possible use of such information is so that users can
ask search engines to limit results to those that meet certain licenses,
if licenses are sufficiently understood.

  Although there exist implementations that can put this license
information in feeds and entries, we do not yet have examples of how this
information is consumed and used.  Combining this uncertainty with the
fact that this is not a WG product, the AD feels that Experimental is an
appropriate status and that literally, experimentation is hoped for and
encouraged.

Working Group Summary

 Not a WG document.  Discussed on the AtomPub working group mailing list
as a side project -- no dissent that wasn't dealt with.

Protocol Quality

 Lisa Dusseault reviewed this for the IESG.  There are implementations
that generate license information in Atom feeds and entries, but none that
consume it.

IANA Note

    This specification defines one new Atom link relation type to be
   registered in the IANA Registry of Link Relations as defined by
   [RFC4287].  Please see section 4 for form.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce