Subject: Atom Feed Autodiscovery

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 13:26:27 -0700

General FYI... the Atom Feed Autodiscovery draft [1] expires tomorrow.
There has been zero interest in moving this forward so I'm just going to
let it die.

- James

[1]
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-snell-atompub-autodiscovery-00.txt

---

From: "Bob Wyman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 23:05:39 -0400

Autodiscovery is a broadly used and useful convention. It is unfortunate and
unhelpful if this is not formally defined somewhere.

bob wyman

---

From: "Franklin Tse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 12:28:55 +0800

I think this mail explained why: http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg19202.html

---

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 22:28:24 -0700

Well, the why is simple enough.  The draft had expired quite some time
ago but the idea of standardized autodiscovery was always on the table.
 I simply revived the draft to give the WG a chance to decide if they
wanted to move it forward.  Regardless of any specific issues that may
exist with the draft itself, there was zero interest demonstrated. So,
now it really is dead.

- James