Subject: OAI-ORE Resource Map Implementation in Atom

From: Peter Keane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 00:33:18 -0600 (CST)

Hi Folks-

Open Archives Initiative Object Reuse and Exchange figures to be a VERY 
important standard in the digital library/archives world.  From the 
documentation:

"OAI-ORE defines standards for the description and exchange of 
aggregations of Web resources.  the OAI-ORE introduces the notion of a 
Resource Map, which is a specialization of a named graph that asserts a 
finite set of resources (the Aggregated Resources), their types, 
intra-relationships, and relationships with resources external to this 
finite set (the external resources). A Resource Map Document is a 
machine-readable representation of a Resource Map. Although multiple 
serializations of Resource Maps are possible, the initial serialization is 
done using the Atom Syndication Format [RFC4287]."

I'll be very curious to know what the Atom-erati think about the Resource 
Map Implentation in Atom:
(http://www.openarchives.org/ore/0.1/atom-implementation).

It looks to me to be a well-considered and thorough implementation of the 
Atom Syndication Format in an area well-outside the blogging domain. 
Perhaps this is a (welcome and anticipated) sign of the power and utility 
of Atom/AtomPub?

-Peter Keane
daseproject.org