Subject: link rel="search"

From: Pete Brunet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:05:53 -0500

I see OpenSearch uses a link rel value of "search", but I don't see 
"search" in the RFC4287 spec

7.1 Registry of Link Relations
This registry is maintained by IANA and initially contains five values: 
"alternate", "related", "self", "enclosure", and "via". New assignments 
are subject to IESG Approval

What is the status of the "search" rel value?

Example:
   <link rel="search"
         href="http://example.com/opensearchdescription.xml" 
         type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" 
         title="Content Search" />

Pete Brunet
                                                                          
IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
Voice: (512) 838-4594, Cell: (512) 689-4155
Ionosphere: WS4G