Subject: Request for information on Gateways supporting "ietf-avt-tones-06 .txt"

From: "Chopra, Rajeev" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:34:15 -0500

Hi,

I am looking for some information on current Gateways supporting the "RTP
payload tokens for
DTMF Signaling" as specified in "ietf-avt-tones-06.txt".

I need the following information

a.	Which all GWs out there currently support this spec, for use with
G.729A encoding.
b.	GWs with plans to support this mechanism in near term (6-12 months)
c.	The spec proposes two ways of conveying DTMF signals and events
i)	Named signals
ii)	Tone representation
		Any information on whether GWs currently supporting the spec
use I) or ii) or both ways. 
d. 	Does the  GW strip the DTMF signals for the RTP stream, if it uses
the proposed RTP token mechanism(s)?
		I know it is optional, as per the specs.

I am working on incorporation of G.729A in a Media server, with the proposed
RTP token mechanism 
 for conveying the DTMF signaling and events. Any responses to above
questions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Rajeev 
732-949-9059