Subject: RTP interoperability testing

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:05:06 +0000

To the AVT working group,

As noted in the AVT meeting at the Washington DC IETF, it is necessary 
to collect interoperability reports for RTP implementations before we 
can progress the RTP specification and audio/video profile to draft
standard.  Two internet-drafts describe the type of interoperability
statement required:
	draft-ietf-avt-rtp-interop-02.txt
	draft-ietf-avt-profile-interop-00.txt
and a third draft (draft-ietf-avt-rtptest-02.txt) describes possible
testing strategies.

This message is a plea for vendors with RTP implementations to make
available results of their interoperability tests, in order that we can
advance the specifications. Results of the tests to date are available from
	http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/misc/avt/RTPinterop/ 
Please send additions to this table to me (if you have a problem with
making this information publically available, please contact me privately
and we can arrange alternatives).

Note that we cannot advance the revised RTP specification or audio/video
profile to become RFCs unless this information is received. Your help in
compiling the interoperability statements is vital.

Thanks,
Colin