Subject: reminder - AMOC tutorial deadline approaching

From: Farez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:21:15 -0000

1 March, 2000 is the tutorial proposal deadline for AMOC so there is 1 week
to submit your proposals. Please see the CFT below for detais.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    Call for Tutorial Proposals

         FIRST ASIAN INTERNATIONAL MOBILE COMPUTING CONFERENCE
                           (AMOC 2000)
                1-3 November, 2000. Penang, Malaysia
                     Tutorials: 31 October, 2000
                   http://www.fsktm.um.edu.my/amoc
          http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/F.AbdulRahman/amoc
           low bandwidth: append /lowband to URL above

        *** Proposal submission deadline: 1 March, 2000 ***

The AMOC Programme Committee invites proposals for tutorials to be held on
the 31st of October, 2000 in Penang, Malaysia.

We invite proposals for three-hour tutorials on topics relating to the
theory and/or practice of mobile and wireless computing and communications.
The aim is to offer conference delegates both tutorials on up-to-date
technologies, and case study tutorials on the application of the
technologies to real-world problems. A list of suggested topics related to
mobile/wireless computing/communications is given below as a guide; other
topics will naturally be considered:

o Quality of Service(QoS)           o handover & location management
o systems infrastructure            o satellite technology
o Internet access                   o power management
o data services                     o lower layer protocols
o rural wireless communications     o data management
o billing                           o security
o e-commerce                        o agent technology
o multimedia                        o hardware
o Personal Communication Systems    o terminal design & ergonomics

Submission Procedures
---------------------
All tutorial proposals should contain the following:
- A brief description of the tutorial, suitable for inclusion in the
  conference registration brochure.
- A detailed outline of the tutorial, including why the proposed topic is an
  important one and the content of the tutorial.
- The necessary background and the potential target audience for the
  tutorial.
- A description of why the tutorial topic is of interest to a substantial
  part of the AMOC audience.
- A brief resumé of the presenter(s), which should include name, postal
  address, phone and fax numbers, email address if available, background in
  the tutorial area, references to any published work in the area and
evidence
  of teaching experience, if any. This information may be included in the
  conference registration brochure.
- Any audio-visual and room requirements.

Tutorial proposals should be sent by email, in plain text format, to
[email-masked] by 1 March, 2000. For more information,
please
visit http://www.fsktm.um.edu.my/amoc/ or email
[email-masked]

Important Dates
---------------
Proposal submission deadline: 1 March, 2000
Notification of acceptance:   1 April, 2000
Tutorial abstract deadline:   1 May, 2000
Camera ready tutorial notes:  1 August, 2000

Additional Notes
----------------
Tutorial instructors will have their conference registration fees to AMOC
waived. However, a maximum of two presenters' fees can be waived if there
are two or more instructors.

The AMOC organising committee reserves the right to cancel any tutorial if
deadlines are missed or if the number of attendees is too low to support the
costs related to organising and running the tutorial.