Subject: Payload formats for MPEG-4 streams

From: CURET Dominique FTRD/DMI/REN <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 18:46:44 +0200

Dear all,

According to the Draft agenda that we received, I want to point out
something related to the Payload formats for MPEG-4 where four contributions
appear:					

	draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4streams-00.txt			(Guillemot)
	draft-gc-avt-mpeg4visual-00.txt			(Guillemot)
	draft-rgcc-avt-mpeg4flexmux-00.txt			(?)
	draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mpeg4-es-00.txt			(Kikuchi)

and specially I want to point out the one marked with a (?) related to
MPEG-4 FlexMux streams:

This contribution has been presented to MPEG-4 last week. Carsten
Herpel(Thomson Multimedia), Jan Vandermeer (Philips), Pierre
Clément(Thomast), Michael Stepping (FernUni-Hagen), among some other
participants, assited to the discussion and the result of the discussion is
that MPEG-4, as far as protection is concerned,likes a protection per stream
rather than a protection per packet proposed in the contribution. This means
that this contribution will be revisited, modified and again presented in
June.
The other point is also that a common (SL streams and FlexMux streams)
contribution would be of some interest for the carriage of the so-called
"MPEG-4 System" streams.
The Payload for SL streams is the contribution already presented by the Ad
Hoc group common to IETF and MPEG-4.
It is then obvious, that it is not really mandatory that the "IETF/AVT
group" spend time on the Flexmux contribution during the Adélaïde meeting.
The only interesting point in this contribution might be the advantages that
are assigned to a MPEG-4 FlexMultiplexing scenario.

Arnaud Longeanie will be our delegate to the IETF meeting: as he will attend
other groups it will not necessarily be easy for him to follow your
discussions as a regular participant.

In June, Emmanuel Gouleau, more directly concerned by the FlexMultiplexing
scenario will attend the IETF meeting.  

Next time, MPEG will meet in July.

All the success for the IETF meeting

best regards

Dominique

_________________________________________
[email-masked]

CNET/DSM/RENNES
Direction des Services de diffusion et Multimédia
Lab. Réseaux de Diffusion et de Consultation 

% + 33 (0)2 99 12 40 05   Fax : + 33 (0)2 99 12 40 98
)  CCETT       B.P. 59            4, rue du Clos Courtel 
35512           Cesson-Sevigne   Cedex          FRANCE