Subject: Result of MPEG-4 Visual RTP Interoperability Test

From: "Yoshihiro Kikuchi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:38:13 +0900

Dear MPEG&IETF RTP experts,

I have upload the following contribution to the MPEG Noordwijkerhout
meeting to the MPEG ftp site.

[m5799]
Title: Preliminary Result of MPEG-4 Visual RTP Interoperability Test
Source: Toshiba, Matsushita, NEC, Oki

In this contribution, we describe the result of the interoperability
test for the MPEG-4 Audio/Visual RTP payload format.
(draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mpeg4-es-00) The test was conducted by four
companies (Matsushita, NEC, Oki and Toshiba) using MPEG-4 Visual Simple
Profile as well as Core Profile (arbitrary shaped object). All steps of
the interoperability test, including video and RTP stream exchanges and
the final step with network connection, were finished successfully. This
verifies the maturity and interoperability of the MPEG-4 Visual RTP
payload format.

We would like to do some demonstrations in Noordwijkerhout (and
Adelaide, if possible) to show this interoperability test result.

Best regards,
Yoshihiro

----
        Yoshihiro Kikuchi

E-mail: [email-masked]
Corporate Research and Development Center
TOSHIBA Corporation
TEL: +81 +44 549 2288    FAX: +81 +44 520 1267

---

From: "Toshiyuki Nomura" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 13:13:17 +0900

Dear experts,

> I have much pleasure in informing you that the interoperability test
> demonstration for the MPEG-4 Visual RTP payload format has been finished
> successfully in Noordwijkerhout at the MPEG Systems group demo session.
> Attached you will find a revised test report with an explanation of this
> demonstration.
> It is also planned that there is an interoperability test for the MPEG-4
> Audio RTP during this meeting. The test report will follow soon.

The interoperability test demonstration for MPEG-4 Audio has been
also finished successfully.
The test report is temporally available on the ftp site
ftp.labs.nec.co.jp/outgoing/w3233.zip
within a week.
It will be soon available on the following MPEG official Home Page:
http://drogo.cselt.stet.it/mpeg/
http://www.labs.nec.co.jp/mpeg/audio/

> Having these interoperability tests, we are now confident that the MPEG-4
> Audio/Visual RTP payload format is technically mature.

Best Regards,

Toshiyuki Nomura, NEC
--------------------