Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4streams-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 06:16:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Payload Format for MPEG-4 with Flexible Error 
                          Resiliency
	Author(s)	: C. Guillemot, P. Christ, S. Wesner,  A. Klemets
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4streams-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 13-Mar-00
	
This document describes a payload format, which can be used for the
transport of both MPEG-4 Elementary Streams (ES), i.e audio, visual,
BIFS and OD streams and MPEG-4 Sync Layer and Flexmux packet
streams, in RTP [1] packets.  The payload format allows for protec-
tion against loss in a generic way. The mechanisms proposed can op-
erate both on full and partial MPEG-4 ES Access Units, on Sync Layer
packets, or Flexmux packets.  These mechanisms can cover a broad
range of protection schemes and avoid extra connection management
complexity - e.g. for separate FEC channels - in MPEG-4 applications
with a potentially high number of streams.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4streams-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4streams-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4streams-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.