Subject: new Internet Draft: RTCP Reporting Extensions

From: "Timur Friedman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:03:12 +0100

Hello,

Attached is a new Internet Draft that we propose as a mechanism to extend
RTCP receiver reports (RRs) and sender reports (SRs).  The authors of this
draft are Ramon Caceres, Kevin Almeroth, Kamil Sarac, and myself.

We have encountered the need for such extended reports in their work on MRM
(Almeroth, Sarac) and MINC (Caceres, Friedman).  Inspired by these two
projects (links below), this Draft aims to provide an extended reporting
framework that will be of broad general use.

We welcome your comments.  We are also especially interested in making
contact with others who share this need for extended reports: to discuss the
extent to which the reporting formats presented in our Draft are of use to
you, and to establish your specific reporting needs so that they may be
addressed by future versions of this Draft.

Regards,

Timur Friedman

project links:
MRM: <http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~almeroth/research.html#mrm>
MINC: <http://www.research.att.com/~duffield/minc/>