Subject: 3/15 Caching Support in Standards-based RTSP/RTP Servers -- Alagu Periyannan, Entera, Inc.

From: Florissa Colina <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:00:00 -0800

Berkeley Multimedia, Graphics and Interfaces Seminar

Caching Support in Standards-based RTSP/RTP Servers

Wednesday March 15, 2000 
1:10 - 2:30 PST
Fujitsu Seminar Room (405 Soda Hall) 

Alagu Periyannan
Entera, Inc.  

This talk discusses a set of mechanisms to enable streaming media caching
between standards-based RTSP/RTP servers and proxies. Streaming media
caching refers to the process through which streaming content is
dynamically replicated closer to users so as to provide a better viewing
experience. The challenges in solving the streaming media caching problem
are discussed. Enhancements to the IETF standard RTSP protocol are presented.
---------------

The seminar is broadcast live on the Internet Mbone and as a Real Networks
G2 broadcast.

You can connect to the live RealNetworks broadcast at:

http://media2.bmrc.berkeley.edu/bibs/schedule.cfm 
You'll see a link to cs298-5/real networks/live programs.  

You can also directly put in this url into the Real Player: 
rtsp://media2.bmrc.berkeley.edu/encoder/cs298-5.rm

To do so you will need to have the "Real Player G2" installed, which is
available from:
http://www.real.com/products/player/downloadrealplayer.html

To tune into the Internet MBone broadcast, look for the announcement in
your MBone session directory program ('sdr').  If you are not receiving the
announcement you may be able to receive the session by manually configuring
the client programs ('vic', and 'vat') with the session addresses:

low bit rate
	video: 233.0.25.1/22334
	audio: 233.0.25.2/22446

medium bit rate
	video: 233.0.25.129/22334
	audio: 233.0.25.2/22446

You can get further information about this seminar, and access to replays
of previous seminars at the MIG Seminar web page:

http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/298/index.html

Sponsored by the Berkeley Multimedia Research Center