Subject: Question regarding SDP and MIME codec registration...

From: "Fox, Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:49:38 -0700

Nuera has a voice codec which encodes 64K PCM into one of 3 data
rates, 7.47, 8.0, and 9.6 Kbps. We would like to register it with IANA in
the Audio/Vendor tree as vnd.nuera.ecelp. Our intention is that the data
rates are explicitly indicated as required parameters. So the MIME
registration description will have the following:

Required parameters : <clock rate> one of 7470, 8000, or 9600.

And that the SDP RFC convention of:

     a=rtpmap:<payload type> <encoding name>/<clock rate>[/<encoding
     parameters>]

would be met with the following SDP.
 
a=rtpmap:100 vnd.nuera.ecelp/7470.

Would this correct? 
Suggestions welcome.

Best regards,
Mike Fox
Nuera Communications.

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:30:23 -0400

> a=rtpmap:100 vnd.nuera.ecelp/7470.

Sounds about right. Would be useful to include some amount of detail in
the IANA registration (e.g., whether the format itself is described
somewhere - I suspect not...)

-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs