Subject: Multiple selective retransmissions

From: Carsten Burmeister <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:27:07 +0200

Hi all,

we gave a short presentation in Adelaide about selective retransmissions
in RTP. We described mainly the content of the I-D: "RTP Payload Type
Format to Enable Selective Retransmissions", which can be found at:

http://www.pel.panasonic.de/ietf/docs/draft-miyazaki-avt-rtp-selret-00.txt
http://www.pel.panasonic.de/ietf/docs/draft-miyazaki-avt-rtp-selret-00.ps

In discussions after the meeting we got the impression that we have not
stated clear enough the need for the additional header field "SNHP". 

We think this kind of field is necessary to do multiple selective
retransmissions. We prepared some figures, which should explain this in
greater detail. This figures can be found under the following URL:

http://www.pel.panasonic.de/ietf/docs/Clarification_of_SNHP.ppt
http://www.pel.panasonic.de/ietf/docs/Clarification_of_SNHP.ps

The increased performance of video streaming applications over wireless
links, using this field, are shown by the means of simulations in the
I-D.

Any comments are welcome....

Carsten