Subject: sunforuym and "Directory server" software for conferencing?

From: "R. P. Channing Rodgers, M.D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:01:44 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Colleagues,

A brief follow-on question.  Sunforum (and other) teleconferencing
software refer to "directory servers" such as the ones at:

   ils.microsoft.com
   ils1.microsoft.com, ..., ils9.microsoft.com
   ils.four11.com
   ils.business.four11.com
   ils.family.four11.com

I have never been able to successfully connect to any of these from
sunforum, but whether it is because they are too busy, incompatible,
require some kind of authentication, it's unclear.  I assume that these
servers are doing soe H.323-related activities such as port assignment,
as well as keeping you on a list of folks who are currently available to
conference with.

Does anyone know of (preferably freely available) server software, for
the creation of a local service of this type?

Thanks and Cheerio, Rick Rodgers