Subject: OASD C3I CONFERENCE: "Distributed Networked Computing for a Secu re Defense"

From: "Vass, Bill, SES, OASD/C3I/ITD" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:49:30 -0500

*************************************************************** 
"Distributed Networked Computing for a Secure Defense" 
APRIL 24-25, Crystal City Hilton, Arlington VA
To Register for DEFENSE@E-BUSINESS online, visit www.theotg.com/OSD 
To Register via fax, simply return the form at the bottom of this message to
(703)765-9295, or call (703) 768-0400 Reserve your hotel room at the Hilton
Crystal City now by calling (703) 418-6800 and asking for the
Defense@E-Business room rate. 
*****************************************************************

Dear Colleague,

The Office of the Secretary of Defense (C3I) and the sponsors of
Defense@E-Business invite you and your associates to attend the "Distributed
Networked Computing for a Secure Defense" forum.  IT leadership from DoD,
the Intelligence Community and Industry are gathering to detail management
strategies and solution frameworks for Secure Distributed Computing.

Learn how Information Assurance, Distributed Object Computing, and the
Internet are converging to create new challenges and opportunities.
Discover the latest lessons learned from industry, intelligence community,
and DoD IT leaders on successful implementations of XML/XMI, CORBA, JINI,
COM+, Directory Services, Information Assurance Programs, and Key
Interoperability Initiatives.

The Conference will be held on April 24-25 at the Hilton Crystal City in
Arlington, VA - minutes from the Pentagon and the Crystal City metro stop.
Registration is available at:  http://www.theotg.com/OSD

 Partial Listing of Distinguished Speakers (alphabetical order):  
  -  Calvin Andrus, CTO for Collaboration, Central Intelligence Agency  
  -  Brigadier General Anthony (Bud) Bell, Vice Commander, USAF AQX HQ  
  -  Paul Brubaker, Deputy CIO, Office of the Secretary of Defense, C3I  
  -  Larry Cogut, Director of Architectures, Patent Trademark Office  
  -  Dr. James Cunningham, Executive Director, USAF, Electronic Systems
Command  
  -  Dr. V Garber, Director of Interoperability, OSD ATL  
  -  R. Michael Green, DoD PKI Program Office Director, National Security
Agency  
  -  Sam Greenblatt, Vice President, Advanced Technology, Computer
Associates  
  -  Sridhar Iyengar, Senior Fellow, Unisys  
  -  Paul Kendall, Director, DOJ Programs, Department of Justice  
  -  Vasselios Laopodis, DG Information Society, European Union  
  -  Majid Naderkhani, CIO, Bell Atlantic  
  -  John Osterholz, Director, Information, Integration, and
Interoperability, OSD C3I  
  -  Terry Santavicca, DDO CIO, National Security Agency  
  -  Tony Scott, CTO, General Motors  
  -  Capt. Paul Tibbits, Deputy CIO, OSD HA (Health Affairs)  
  -  William Vass, Director of Technology, OSD C3I  
  -  Steve Vinoski, CTO, IONA Technologies  
  -  Dr. Jim Waldo, Distinguished Engineer, Sun Microsystems  
  -  Andrew Watson, CTO and Chief Architect, Object Management Group  
  -  John A. Weiler, Executive Director, Interoperability Clearinghouse  
  -  Raymond Wells, Director, Strategy AI Middleware, IBM  
  -  Howard Winter, Project Manager, Unified Cryptological Architecture,
National Security Agency ...And a host of other industry dignitaries.

Register Online at http://www.theotg.com/OSD

COSTS:  
Early Bird Government Rate: $195  
Early Bird Commercial Rate: $295 (AFCEA, ICH and OMG members $270)
Technology Showcase and E-Social Pass ONLY: $50. 
(After April 14, $100 late fee will be applied, on-site Registration: $450,
Meal-passes: $50)

NOTE April 26, from 09:00 to 13:00, the Interoperability Clearinghouse will
be co-hosting an International Interoperability Working Group with NDIA, OSD
ATL, European Union, and the Software Productivity Consortium.  Attendance
is open. Cost is $35 to cover lunch.  Goal is to establish software
architecture validation models for COTS integration.  Call 703-768-4975 or
1-800-SEE-OOTS for assistance

Reserve your room at the Hilton by calling (703) 418-6800 and asking for the
Defense@E-Business room rate(call by April 5)

For Group rates or sponsorship information call 703-768-0400.

Government Chair: Mr. William Vass, OSD C3I, 703-602-2720 x102,
[email-masked] 
Program Manager: John Weiler, Interoperability Clearinghouse, 703-768-0400,
[email-masked] http://www.theotg.com/OSD 
*****************************************

REGISTRATION FORM: FAX TO (703) 765-9295 or call (703)768-0400

Name 

Organization 

Address 

City 

State 

Zip Code 

Phone 

Fax 

Email 

Credit Card Number 

Expiration Date 

Type of Card: (Visa/MasterCard/Amex) 

Name on Card Amount: 

($195 Government $295 Commercial $270 Members of OMG, AFCEA, or ICH $50 Add
for meals $100 Add late fee after April 14 
$50 For Technology Showcase Exhibits and E-Social only)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
The views and comments expressed in this discussion & announcement list are not necessarily those of the OTG or its clients.

LIST MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION:
This moderated, consolidated list has been implemented to reduce duplication and to provide parties with the direct ability to add or remove themselves to or from the list as desired.

For detailed list information send an email to [email-masked] with the words "info otg_notices" in the message body.

There are two ways to unsubscribe from this list:

1. Send an email to [email-masked] with the words "unsubscribe otg_notices" in the message body (no quotes).  Please ensure that you have no other text in the message body or subject, and that you send the message from the email account that you wish to unsubscribe.

2. Or you can just send an email note to [email-masked] indicating that you desire to be removed from the OTG_Notices mailing list.  A member of the OTG web staff will be promptly remove any email address that you provide.