Subject: 4/19 Multicast Debugging -- Mark Handley, AT&T Center for Internet Research at ICSI (ACIRI)

From: Florissa Colina <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:30:00 -0700

Berkeley Multimedia, Graphics and Interfaces Seminar

Multicast Debugging

Wednesday April 19, 2000
1:10-2:30 p.m. PDT
Fujitsu Seminar Room (405 Soda Hall) 

Mark Handley
AT&T Center for Internet Research at ICSI (ACIRI) 

Network topologies can be complex, and the application and control traffic
can create a 'chemistry' of loads and flows that leads to unanticipated
network congestion and application failure. This session will provide
network engineers valuable information on debugging congestion,
misconfiguration, application failure to help keep networks and content
delivery reliable.
---------------

The seminar is broadcast live on the Internet Mbone and as a Real Networks
G2 broadcast.

You can connect to the live RealNetworks broadcast at:

http://media2.bmrc.berkeley.edu/bibs/schedule.cfm 
You'll see a link to cs298-5/real networks/live programs.  

You can also directly put in this url into the Real Player: 
rtsp://media2.bmrc.berkeley.edu/encoder/cs298-5.rm

To do so you will need to have the "Real Player G2" installed, which is
available from:
http://www.real.com/products/player/downloadrealplayer.html

To tune into the Internet MBone broadcast, look for the announcement in
your MBone session directory program ('sdr').  If you are not receiving the
announcement you may be able to receive the session by manually configuring
the client programs ('vic', and 'vat') with the session addresses:

low bit rate
	video: 233.0.25.1/22334
	audio: 233.0.25.2/22446

medium bit rate
	video: 233.0.25.129/22334
	audio: 233.0.25.2/22446

You can get further information about this seminar, and access to replays
of previous seminars at the MIG Seminar web page:

http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/298/index.html

Sponsored by the Berkeley Multimedia Research Center