Subject: CNDS '01 - Call for Papers

From: "Robert P. Simon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:06:50 -0400 (EDT)

--> We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this. <-- 
   
=======================================================================

                    ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS

    The Society for Computer Simulation International (SCS) presents:

             COMMUNICATION NETWORKS AND DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS
                   MODELING AND SIMULATION CONFERENCE

                          January 7 - 11, 2001
                            Crown Plaza Hotel
                            Phoenix, Arizona

    Part of the 2001 SCS Western Multiconference on Computer Simulation
             http://www.scs.org/confernc/wmc01/wmc2001cfp.html

        The purpose of this conference is to serve as a forum for the
exchange of ideas, among researchers from around the world, about the
design and performance of computer systems, network architectures, and
communications protocols in parallel and distributed environments.
This conference grew out of the urgent need to understand these
systems as they became more complex.

        The paper sessions are designed to promote discussion of
concepts, methodology, and results between authors and the
audience. The structure of the conference is designed to provide for a
high degree of collegiality and continuity in the discussions of the
various topics presented during the week.  In addition to technical
sessions of contributed paper presentations, the conference, in
conjunction with the Western Simulation Multiconference (WMC), will
offer invited presentations, vendor presentations, and exhibits.

        Original technical papers, addressing all aspects of analysis,
design, modeling, and performance evaluation of communication networks
and distributed systems, are solicited for presentation at the
conference and publication in the conference proceedings. Topics of
interest include:

 * Network Architectures
 * High Speed Networks, ATM
 * Interconnection Networks
 * Wireless Networks
 * Distributed Systems
 * Mobile Computing
 * Multimedia Systems
 * Real-time Systems
 * Video-on-Demand Systems
 * Distributed Database Systems
 * Fault-tolerant Systems
 * Memory Systems
 * Operating Systems
 * File and I/O Systems
 * Web-based Computing

IMPORTANT DATES:

September 15th, 2000           Paper Submission Deadline.
October 13th, 2000             Acceptance Notification.
November 1st, 2000             Camera Ready Copies Due Date.

  Papers should be submitted electronically to [email-masked].
Submitted files must be in PostScript format with all figures and
tables included.  Only papers which have not been previously published
or presented should be submitted.  More conference information is
available at http://www.scs.org/confernc/wmc01/text/cnds-cfp.html

       All submissions will be fully refereed for accuracy, technical
content, and relevance.  Papers should be limited to 20 double-spaced
pages (at most 6 single-spaced pages for the camera-ready version).
The authors should prepare a single page which includes authors names,
title, affiliation, abstract, and a contact person information
(complete address, email, phone, and fax). Accepted papers will appear
in the Conference's Proceedings to be published by the Society for
Computer Simulation.  An award will be presented to the best paper
presented at WMC'01.  Authors of top papers will also be encouraged to
submit a follow-on paper to the International Journal in Computer
Simulation.  Authors must obtain employer, client, or government
releases prior to submittal of the final manuscript.

      General Chair                               Program Chair 

Prof. Taieb Znati                            Prof. Robert Simon
Computer Science Department                  Computer Science Department 
University of Pittsburgh                     George Mason University
Pittsburgh, PA 15260                         Fairfax, VA  22030
U.S.A.                                       U.S.A.

Phone:  +1(412)624-8417                      Phone:  +1(703)993-1556
FAX:    +1(412)624-8854                      FAX:    +1(703)993-1710
E_Mail: [email-masked]                    E_Mail: [email-masked]

Sponsored by 
The Society for Computer Simulation International

P.O. Box 17900
San Diego, California 92177
Phone 858-277-3888
Fax 858-277-3930
E-mail [email-masked]