Subject: draft-li-avt-ulp-00.txt

From: "Adam Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 19:07:23 -0700

Dear I-D manager and AVT group experts,

We are submitting an Internet Draft for discussion in the AVT 
group.

Title     : An RTP Payload Format for Generic FEC with 
            Uneven Level Protection
Authors   : A. Li, F. Liu, J. Villasenor, J.H. Park,
            D.S. Park
Filename  : draft-li-avt-ulp-00.txt

This document specifies a payload format for generic forward 
error correction to achieve uneven level protection (ULP) of 
media encapsulated in RTP. The payload format allows end 
systems to transmit using arbitrary protection length and 
levels, in additional to using arbitrary block lengths. This
ULP scheme is capable of achieving efficient channel usage
for protection, which still maintaining the media independent
generality and compatibility.

This Internet Draft is available by anonymous FTP from
ftp://newt.icsl.ucla.edu/pub/ULP/draft-li-avt-ulp-00.txt.

Your comments by email are greatly appreciated. We are 
looking forward to discussing with you at Pittsburg.

Adam H. Li

----------
Adam H. Li
Image Communication Lab                    (310) 825-5178 (Lab)
University of California, Los Angeles      (310) 825-7928 (Fax)