Subject: I-D: draft-singer-mpeg4-ip-00.txt

From: Dave Singer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:57:53 -0700

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singer-mpeg4-ip-00.txt>

This is the MPEG-4 'FrameWork" document that's being discussed 
jointly with ISO;   I haven't seen it announced on rem-conf.  I think 
(hope) it will be discussed in Pittsburgh.

Here's the abstract:

    This document forms an umbrella specification for the carriage and
    operation of MPEG-4 multimedia sessions over IP-based protocols,
    including RTP, RTSP, and HTTP, among others.

    It also serves to document the standard MIME types associated with
    MPEG-4.

There's also a parallel document for the MIME types for motion jpeg 
2000;  it is as yet unclear to me which group might carry this to get 
the mime types assigned. 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singer-mjp2-00.txt>
-- 
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime