Subject: reminder - Sigcomm 2000 student poster application deadline approaching

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 17:19:16 -0700 (PDT)

Applications for the Student Poster Session - Work-in-progress at
Sigcomm 2000 is July 12, 2000.  Please see the website below for
further information on how to submit a proposal.

---------------------------------------------------------------

			   Call for Papers
		     ACM SIGCOMM 2000 Conference

		    August 28 - September 1, 2000
		    Grand Hotel, Stockholm, Sweden
		http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2000
		       [email-masked]

>>  Student Poster Session - Work-in-progress applications: July 12, 2000

Student Poster Session - Work-in-progress 

This year, the SIGCOMM 2000 conference will sponsor a poster
session aimed at showcasing the "work-in-progess" of students
attending the conference. The goal of the poster session is to
present students' work in progress and provide an opportunity for
informal discussion of the work with the students within the
conference venue. 

Authors should submit a 500 word text file describing the research to
be presented in the poster, as well as a draft of the poster material
in pdf or postscript format. Send both of the above by July 12, 2000
to [email-masked] Notification details, further
specifics on poster formats, and eligibility information are available
at the SIGCOMM 2000 website.

Additional information on SIGCOMM 2000 Keynote Address:

The SIGCOMM Award is given annually to a person whose career and
technical achievements demonstrate a long-term commitment to the field
of data commu-nications. ACM SIGCOMM is pleased to announce that the
2000 SIGCOMM Award is being given to Prof.  Andre' Danthine of the
University of Liege, Belgium. Prof. Danthine will receive the award
and give the conference keynote address, entitled "Mutual Cloning
Between Network Paradigms," in the opening session on Wednesday.

General Co-Chairs
	Per Gunningberg, Uppsala U., Sweden ([email-masked])
	Steve Pink, Lulea U. Tech., Sweden ([email-masked])
Program Co-Chairs
	Christophe Diot, Sprint ATL, USA ([email-masked])
	Jim Kurose, U. Massachusetts, USA ([email-masked])
Publicity Chair
	Joe Touch, USC/ISI, USA ([email-masked])
Tutorials Chair
	Steve Pink, Lulea U Tech., Sweden ([email-masked])