Subject: Looking for H261/H263 Codecs for Windows

From: "Timothy G. McGrath" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 20:20:37 -0500 (CDT)

Does anybody know of or can recommend commercial/freeware h.261/h.263
codecs for MS Windows (9x and NT platforms). I need to use one of these in
a custom application which compresses streaming video over
RTP. Unfortunately, the compressors installed with Netmeeting don't appear
to be usable outside of that particular app.

I've found a handful of ancient, freeware codecs on the net, but I don't
have the time to re-engineer these according to recent standards. Ideally,
I'd like to find compressors which are written to conform to the MS Video
Compressor DDK specifications, but I'll take any API as long it's simple to
use and well-documented.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.
--
Tim McGrath ----- [email-masked]

---

From: Serge Lachapelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:08:28 +0200

You should take a look at the Java Media Framework, at:
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/index.html

It has a few codecs for Solaris, Windows and Linux that might interest you.

/Serge

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 23:23:59 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe you should take a peak at JMF2.1
(http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/index.html)

Michael

---

From: Kevin Marks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 00:33:07 -0700

>Compressor DDK specifications, but I'll take any API as long it's simple to

Both are included in QuickTime, and the API is well-documented with 
sample code.