Subject: new version of the ID "An RTP Payload Format for Erasure-Resilien t Transmission of Progressive Multimedia Streams"

From: Baese Gero <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:09:05 +0200

Dear Experts,

we are glad to announce the completion of the new version of the I-D "An RTP
Payload Format for Erasure-Resilient Transmission of Progressive Multimedia
Streams" (draft-lnt-avt-uxp-02). 
This document specifies an efficient way to ensure erasure-resilient
transmission of progressively encoded multimedia sources via RTP using
Reed-Solomon codes. The level of erasure protection can be explicitly
adapted to the importance of the respective parts in the source stream, thus
allowing a graceful degradation of application quality with increasing
packet loss rate on the network. Nevertheless, backward compatibility to
currently standardized non-progressive multimedia codecs is ensured, since
equal erasure protection (EXP) represents a subset of generic unequal
erasure protection (UXP). The new version includes effective in-band
signaling for erasure protection profiles.
We would highly appreciate any comments. If questions remaining don't
hesitate to contact anyone of us.

Best Wishes
Gero Baese

---

From: Thomas Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:29:52 -0400

> hesitate to contact anyone of us.

Hello;

 This (draft-lnt-avt-uxp-02) does not seem to be present in

http://www.ietf.org/ids.by.wg/none.html

Could you tell me where I can find it ?

--
                                 Regards
                                 Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624
Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : [email-masked]     [email-masked]

http://www.on-the-i.com http://www.buzzwaves.com