Subject: RE: Types of MPEG-4 streams over IP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:17:40 +0200

Hello David,

Yes, I understand and I agree that a URL is a fine solution for a static
table. However, I understood that the MuxCode may change in the course of a
FlexMux. If yes, then the timing of the change need be specified. In that
case in-band carriage of the MuxCode maybe a more convenient solution. If
such in-band carriage was defined, would there still be a need for a URL ?

But I may miss something. Perhaps we constrain the use of MuxCode to static
cases ?

Kind regards,

Jan van der Meer

The MuxCodeTable needs to be delivered out-of-band.  If you see my
proposal, it was to deliver this via a URL in SDP, which then
requires a MIME type if HTTP or DATA are to be used.
--
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime

---

From: "Pierre Clement" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:35:33 +0200

Dear Jan,

I'm not sure, but the change of the MuxCode may also be announced through an
out of band mean.

As an example, in SDP/SAP, a server may automatically update the
mpeg4-flexmuxinfo as described in Dave's framework, and announce the change by
updating the Message Identifier Hash of the SAP header to announce that the
session description has been modified. The change timing capacity in SDP  may
be used to specify  the time at which the change is valid.The session
description may use a "t= " line for that purpose.

in case RTSP is used to convey the flexmuxinfo,  I guess the Cseq parameter may
be used to announce a change has occured in the SDP session.

Regards

Pierre