Subject: Re: LATM specified in a public MPEG document?

From: "Toshiyuki Nomura" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 15:14:20 +0900

Dear John and members,

As you pointed out, it seems difficult to transmit SA data
by LATM. I have forwarded this issue to MPEG Audio Experts
and have not been received any objections.
Therefore, I'll modify the I/D text so that SA data
MUST NOT be handled by the LATM-based RTP specification,
following the suggestion below:

John Lazzaro wrote:
> it sounds like the earlier suggestions I
> made on the draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mpeg4-es-04.txt document about
> Structured Audio issues, which made it into the current draft,
> are inappropriate, since they assume the header described in
> "4.1 RTP Packet Format" is meant for all audio, not only 
> "natural" audio. Perhaps the I-D should simply state that 
> Structured Audio isn't currently transportable over any of 
> the packet formats described in the document.  

The modified text will be published as  
draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mpeg4-es-05.txt.

Best Regards,

Toshiyuki Nomura, NEC
----------------------