Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-feedback-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 06:48:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Extended RTP Profile for RTCP-based Feedback
	Author(s)	: N. Sato et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-feedback-00.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 16-Jul-01
	
Real-time media streams are not resilient against packet losses.  RTP 
[1] provides all the necessary mechanisms to restore ordering and 
timing to properly reproduce a media stream at the recipient.  RTP 
also provides continuous feedback about the overall reception quality 
from all receivers -- thereby allowing the sender(s) in the mid-term 
(in the order of several seconds to minutes) to adapt their coding 
scheme and transmission behavior to the observed network QoS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-feedback-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-feedback-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-feedback-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.