Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-vandermeer-mpeg-4-simple-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 06:53:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Use of 'RFC-generic' for MPEG-4 Elementary Streams 
                          with no SL layer
	Author(s)	: J. Van der Meer et al.
	Filename	: draft-vandermeer-mpeg-4-simple-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 12-Jul-01
	
The MPEG Committee (ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29 WG11) is a working group in ISO 
that recently produced the MPEG-4 [1] standard. MPEG defines tools to 
compress content such as audio-visual information into elementary 
streams. In [6] a generic RTP payload format is defined for transport 
of any non-multiplexed MPEG-4 elementary stream. To achieve the generic 
MPEG-4 functionality, [6] addresses detailed issues related to the 
MPEG-4 SL layer. However, many initial applications will not use the SL 
Layer. To facilitate usage of [6] by such applications, this document 
describes how to use [6] when no SL layer is used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vandermeer-mpeg-4-simple-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vandermeer-mpeg-4-simple-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vandermeer-mpeg-4-simple-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.