Subject: [AVT] Voice Conferencing behind FreeBSD NAT gateway

From: The Psychotic Viper <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 22:18:44 +0200 (SAST)

Greetings,

I was told to post my question this list in the hope of finding a
solution, I am not subscribed to the list so please reply directly or
request that I join if its a requirement. :)

Problem :  I have been trying for a fair amount of time (try 5 mnths) to
setup various internet conferencing software (H.323 and related) behind a
FreeBSD4.x NAT Gateway with (NAT handled via ipnat,filtering via ipf and
ipfw mixes nonconflicting ruleset). I am able to transmit sound but not
receive any even with a basic NAT only firewalling ruleset. I had the same
problems with linux so it could be my error or just something I am leaving
out. It did however work with PhonePatch but since I had problems
obtaining the serial to obtain the 30day unlimited window I could not use
it for longer than 3 mins at a time. Some of the clients I have tried
include Netmeeting (which I later found out wouldnt work at all), and
Speak Freely.

What I require is some help or pointers from anyone on the list with
regards to maybe a client or system that works for conferencing , I need
only voice and no video. I am open to anything including firewall or
forwarding to get it working.I am currently on a FreeBSD 4.3-Stable system
(stable as at around 1am July 19th). 

PsyV

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt