Subject: [AVT] Confirmation for subscribe ietf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:40:46 -0400 (EDT)

--

Someone (possibly you) has requested that your email address be added
to or deleted from the mailing list "[email-masked]".

If you really want this action to be taken, please send the following
commands (exactly as shown) back to "[email-masked]":

	auth ed84e0b6 subscribe ietf AVT

If you do not want this action to be taken, simply ignore this message
and the request will be disregarded.

If your mailer will not allow you to send the entire command as a single
line, you may split it using backslashes, like so:

        auth ed84e0b6 subscribe ietf \
        AVT

If you have any questions about the policy of the list owner, please
contact "[email-masked]".

Thanks!

[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:39:37 -0400

Dear Colin;

   Why am I getting these messages ?

--
                                 Regards
                                 Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : [email-masked]
http://www.on-the-i.com

Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
 Check the status of multicast in real time :
 http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html

---

From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:51:27 -0700 (PDT)

Marshall,

We all on the AVT list got this message because someone fat-fingered
an attempt to subscribe to the [email-masked] list.  It appears that
majordomo interpreted the request as an attempt to subscribe to the
ietf list by a person named [email-masked].

Stanley, is it possible to configure the ietf.org majordomo to ignore
requests to subscribe from domain ietf.org.  There would need to be a
backdoor (perhaps the web page would suffice) to allow IETF staff to
subscribe to lists.
							-- Steve

---

From: Stanley Weilnau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:20:48 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

We have some people out there that do not know how to subscribe to email
lists.  The initial request was "subscribe ietf AVT".  I have to assume
that the sender was attempting to sign onto both ietf and AVT.  

Stanley Weilnau