Subject: [AVT] doubts in Updateseq of rfc1889

From: Angai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:44:40 +0530

Hi  all ,

         In the algorithm for updateseq given in rfc 1889( 10.txt ) if
there is a duplicate packet
          1.e packet with same  SequenceNumber  udelta = 0 and hence it
goes into the condition
          else if( udelta < MAXDROPOUT ) and the packet is considered as
valid .
           But in rfc they have  last else for handling duplicate
packets .
          Then how duplicate packets will be detected ?

          In case of badsequence  the badsequence is adjusted to (
seq+1) & ( RTP_SEQ_MOD -1 )
          Why this  AND  is required ?Can anyone tell the importance of
this  AND ?

Thanks in advance ,
Angai

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt