Subject: [AVT] Enhanced CRTP Review

From: Somasundaram Perianayagam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:38:34 -0700

Here's my review of Enhanced CRTP:

Both my points are quite small. The draft looked great.

1)

"This document describes a header compression scheme for point to
point links with packet loss and long delays."

I guess it would be good if "packet loss" can be quantified here.
You know like "links with high rate of packet loss".

2)

"CONTEXT_STATE packets SHOULD also be repeated N+1 times (using the
same sequence number) to provide a similar measure of robustness
against packet loss."

Since we can maintain seperate N's for every context we have a question 
here "what is N + 1 here?"

To be safe you can assume N+1 to be the largest among the contexts for 
which context repair is required.

regards
Somu

Effnet Inc

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Tmima Koren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:13:04 -0800

Hi Somu
Thanks for reviewing the Enhanced CRTP draft and especially for catching 
the ambiguity of the N in the CONTEXT_STATE packet.
We'll update the draft according to your suggestions
Thanks again
Tmima