Subject: [AVT] Open source H.263+ video encoder implementation?

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:31:18 -0800

Does anyone know of a good open source implementation of a H.263+ video 
encoder?

To date I've been using the "tmn-x" implementation that's used by "vic", 
but I've been disappointed in its performance - e.g., on a 233 MHz Pentium 
box (admittedly, this is a low-end machine these days), it takes an average 
of *570 ms* to encode each frame.  Does anyone know of  a better 
implementation?

(To make this message at least partially on-topic :-), the encoded video 
will streamed using RTP (RFC 2429).)

	Ross.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Adam Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:31:13 -0800

As far as I know, there is no open source H.263+ codec available.

The UBC/Telenor TMN implementation was the last one out there, but it is no
longer maintained anymore. UBC used to have a version based on that which
can be got for a fee, but that was not longer available also.

Hope it helps.

Adam

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Ross
> Finlayson
> Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 10:31 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [AVT] Open source H.263+ video encoder implementation?
>
>