Subject: [AVT] NOSSDAV 2002 Submissions Due Soon

From: [email-masked] (Kevin C. Almeroth)
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 12:06:27 -0800 (PST)

Important Notes

1.  THE DEADLINE OF JANUARY 13, 2002 IS FAST APPROACHING.

2.  Format is 5 page abstracts in ACM double column format.

3.  Paper submission will be available next week at:
    http://www.nossdav.org/2002/submit.html

4.  Send extension requests to:  [email-masked] or [email-masked]

5.  IWQoS (http://www.cs.virginia.edu/iwqos) is at the same location
    the three days after NOSSDAV, i.e. May 15-17.
-----------------------------------------------

                       The 12th International Workshop on
     Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video
                               (NOSSDAV 2002)

                           Sponsored by ACM SIGMM
                              May 12-14, 2002
                            Miami Beach, Florida

                        http://www.nossdav.org/2002

                              CALL FOR PAPERS

Objectives

The 12th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for
Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV) brings together researchers, developers,
and practitioners from academia and industry to present and discuss new
ideas and future directions in networking and operating systems support for
multimedia. For 11 years, NOSSDAV has proven to be an outstanding forum for
researchers and developers involved in building innovative multimedia
systems, networks, and applications.

Multimedia data such as pictures, MP3s, motion video, digital library
collections, interactive network games, and others have become pervasive,
primary data sources. NOSSDAV seeks to discuss and examine new, efficient,
and effective infrastructure and applications to support these demanding
primary data sources.

To ensure a productive workshop environment, attendance will be limited to
about 75 participants who are active in the field. A key aspect of the
workshop is that it provides extensive discussion periods during which
attendees can informally discuss their current work and future research
directions. Traditionally, NOSSDAV has emphasized high quality experimental
research based on prototype or real systems. NOSSDAV 2002 will continue this
tradition.

Submissions

Submissions are sought in any area related to Network and Operating Systems
Support for Digital Audio and Video. The topics of interest include, but are
not limited to:

   * ubiquitous multimedia services
   * peer-to-peer multimedia services
   * internet telephony
   * broadband streaming media content distribution
   * 3D multimedia and (networked) immersive environments
   * real-time interactive streaming services
   * interactive network games
   * wireless and ad-hoc network multimedia systems
   * multimedia information appliances and consumer devices
   * quality-of-service control and scheduling algorithms
   * differentiated and integrated services networks
   * multimedia caching
   * collaborative conferencing
   * multimedia conference access and QoS policy enforcement
   * digital library access methods

We solicit submissions of 5-page extended abstracts of technical papers,
work-in-progress reports, and position statements. Papers should identify
new problems and explain why they are important, challenge conventional
wisdom, advocate a specific solution, and/or report on actual experience
with real systems. All submissions will be reviewed by the members of the
program committee. Submissions will be selected on the basis of their
originality, technical merit and topical relevance, as well as the
likelihood that the ideas will lead to insightful technical discussions.
Papers submitted to NOSSDAV must not have been published or submitted
elsewhere. Please do not submit abbreviated versions of journal or
conference papers.

Authors of accepted papers will be invited to present at the workshop and
publish full-length versions of their papers in the workshop proceedings.

All submissions must be made through the web. We suggest that authors use
the two-column ACM format for the submissions. Detailed paper submission
guidelines will be available on the WWW page in January.

Important Dates

          Submission Deadline:     January 13, 2002 (midnight PST)
          Acceptance Notification: March 4, 2002
          Camera Ready Deadline:   April 8, 2002
          Workshop:                May 12-14, 2002

NOSSDAV 2002 Program Chairs
 Kevin Almeroth           UC-Santa Barbara
 Jim Griffioen            Univ of Kentucky

Program Committee
 Please see the WWW page.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt