Subject: [AVT] Request for publication as Proposed Standard (fwd)

From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:22:06 -0800 (PST)

FYI.
	-- Steve

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:17:08 -0800 (PST)
From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
To: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>, Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Subject: Request for publication as Proposed Standard

The Audio/Video Transport working group hereby requests that the
following Internet Draft be published as a Proposed Standard RFC:

        Title           : RTP Payload for Comfort Noise
        Author(s)       : R. Zopf
        Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtp-cn-05.txt
        Pages           : 8
        Date            : 24-Jan-02

This draft is a product of the AVT WG and has been in development for
more than a year.  It is an extension of a comfort noise payload
format that was included in early revisions of the RTP A/V Profile,
draft-ietf-avt-profile-new, but which was separated out when the ITU-T
undertook specification and testing of the more complete method
specified in ITU-T Recommendation G.711 and referenced in this draft.

There was one controversial change introduced in the -03 revision, but
after group discussion that change was reverted.  The only open
question is whether there are any counterexamples to the claim that
this extended method is backward compatible with the simpler version
from the early revisions of draft-ietf-avt-profile-new.  We have not
identified any conflicts in the review and last call within the WG.
The IESG Last Call provides the appropriate opportunity for a final
check on that question.
                                                -- Steve & Colin

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt