Subject: [AVT] Disposition of Comments from IETF AVT on the framework.

From: "Lim, Young-Kwon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:10:13 +0900

Dear all,

Attached you will find a Disposition of Comments from IETF AVT on the
framework document, draft-ietf-singer-mpeg4ip-03.txt. This document contains
the copy of dicussion via e-mails and the action to be taken during the
editing period. This document get the consensus from MPEG at this meeting.
This will also be discussed at the next IETF meeting.

The intention of MPEG about this framework document is to make it normative
standard in MPEG and informational RFC in IETF to be used as a information
and the guidelines for the authors designg RTP payload formats for MPEG-4
contents. As we all know interoperability is a crucial thing to streaming
industry. Having one framework or guideline between two groups shall results
maximum interoperabilites.

Sincerely,
Young.

---

From: HAINING LIU <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:54:32 -0500 (EST)

Can anyone point out what is the exact mapping scheme of SL PacketSeq# in
"RTP Payload format for MPEG-4 streams"?

According to  the draft, the Seq# in RTP header has a random offset, which
complies with RTP standard. Then in the Payload header, my understanding
is that Index is used for AU seq # mapping. So how to map a SL PacketSeq#?
Implicitly to RTP seq #?

Thanks,
Haining

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Dorairaj Vembu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 13:49:37 +0530

I think Index is used for mapping SL PacketSequenceNumber . AU sequence
Number  goes  inside the RSLH  section .

Thank you
Dorai