Subject: [AVT] Setting Rx and Tx ports to the same number

From: Danny Shavit <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:25:05 +0200

Hello,

Is there a problem or a limitation that I don't know of, to set the Rx port
and the Tx port to the same number?

I set the Transmission Video port and the Receive Video port to be the same
one; i.e., the endpoint listens on port number XXXX to get Video packets,
and sends Video packets from the same port XXXX.

The problem that happens on some sessions (and not happens on other
sessions) is that Video packets are not arriving to the local endpoint.

Can someone help me on this one?

Thanks.

Danny
VCON Ltd.

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:20:00 -0600

The behaviour you suggest is legal, but not required. There are a number 
of implementations that work that way (the mbone conferencing tools, for
example).

Colin

>Can someone help me on this one?

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt