Subject: [AVT] Current work on making RTP more NAT friendly?

From: Kathy Kwan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:58:58 -0800

Hello,

Is there any on-going work to make RTP more NAT friendly?  I did see
Jonathan Rosenberg's presentation listed under the 51st IETF (London)
proceedings, but I haven't seen any discussion since.  Any update would be
helpful.

Thanks,

Kathy Kwan
Interval Media

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 01:07:08 -0500

> proceedings, but I haven't seen any discussion since.  Any update would

The only thing needed from the AVT group was to allow for RTCP to be on
an explicitly signaled port, and that change has already been reflected
in the RTP specifications. All of the remaining work on getting RTP
through nats revolves around the signaling, and there is work in mmusic,
midcom, sip and sipping. The following document attempts to put it all
together:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-nat-scenarios-00.txt

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com