Subject: [AVT] Draft AVT agenda for Minneapolis

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 15:54:18 -0500

Folks,

Enclosed is the draft agenda for the AVT meeting in Minneapolis. Please
send any comments and corrections to the chairs, by Tuesday 12th March.

Those who have agenda time scheduled are requested to prepare a summary of
the issues they wish to discuss, and to send this to the mailing list ahead
of the meeting. This gives those who won't be attending the opportunity to
post their comments and concerns, and potentially even reach some consensus,
before the meeting time is consumed. It also gives other participants the
opportunity to consider the issue in more depth. Summary messages should be
sent to the mailing list by Wednesday 13th March.

We also request that all presenters send us their slides ahead of time.
This has multiple purposes:

  - It streamlines the presentation process by having the presentations on
    a single laptop.

  - It avoids the delay that sometimes occurs in getting the presentations
    sent to us after the meeting, for inclusion in the minutes.

  - It allows us to preview the presentations to see if they are following
    the guidelines for what should be covered during the meeting.

This time we plan to use PDF as the presentation format since that is not
OS-dependent.  Please supply your slides in that format, using plain
white background and no animations.

Agenda time is conditional on sending both a summary of open issues and a
copy of your slides ahead of the meeting.

Those presenting new drafts: briefly describe the basic problem and your
proposed solution, discuss known issues, limitations and problems, outline
where you want input from the working group, and how you wish us to
proceed.  When presenting work which has been previously discussed:
describe only the changes from the previous draft, highlight unresolved
problems, and propose future directions. Presenters are reminded of the
requirements for disclosure of intellectual property relating to
contributions, in section 10 of RFC 2026.

We strongly encourage all participants to read all relevent drafts before
the meeting, and to comment on the open issues raised on the mailing list.

Thanks for your assistance to try to conduct an effective meeting.

Colin & Steve

===============================================================================
Audio/Video Transport Working Group (avt)

CHAIRS: Steve Casner <[email-masked]>
        Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>

Monday, March 18 at 15:30-17:30
===============================

Introduction and status update				(Casner/Perkins) 10
	- Published:
		RFC 3189
		RFC 3190
	- Approved for publication:
		draft-ietf-avt-rtp-amr-13.txt
	- With IESG:
		draft-ietf-avt-rtp-new-11.txt
		draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-12.txt
		draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mime-06.txt
		draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-bw-05.txt
		draft-ietf-avt-rtp-cn-04.txt
		draft-ietf-avt-crtp-enhance-03.txt
		draft-ietf-avt-tcrtp-05.txt
	- In working group last call:
		draft-ietf-avt-dsr-00.txt
		draft-ietf-avt-uxp-01.txt
		draft-ietf-avt-ulp-02.txt
		draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-feedback-01.txt
		draft-burmeister-avt-rtcp-feedback-sim-00.txt
		draft-ietf-avt-srtp-02.txt
		draft-ietf-avt-evrc-smv-00.txt

The Secure Real Time Transport Protocol
	- draft-ietf-avt-srtp-03.txt			(McGrew)	 15

RTP Payload Format for MPEG-4 Streams
	- draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-multisl-04.txt		(Gentric)	  5
	- draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-01.txt
	- draft-singer-mpeg4-ip-04.txt			(Lim)		 10

RTP payload Format for JVT Video
	- draft-wenger-avt-rtp-jvt-00.txt		(Wenger)	 20

RTP Payload Format for iLBC Speech			(Duric)		 20
	- draft-duric-rtp-ilbc-00.txt
	- draft-andersen-ilbc-00.txt

RTP Payload Format for AC-3 Streams
	- draft-flaks-avt-rtp-ac3-01.txt		(Flaks)		 15

RTP Payload Format for SMPTE 292M Video
	- draft-ietf-avt-smpte292-video-04.txt		(Gharai)	 15

Wednesday, March 20 at 15:30-17:30
==================================

Generic Use and RTP payload for State Signaling Events
	- draft-rajeshkumar-avt-sse-00.txt 		(Kumar)		 15

Extended RTP Profile for RTCP-based Feedback
	- draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-feedback-02.txt		(Ott)		 15

RTP retransmission framework
	- draft-leon-rtp-retransmission-02.txt		(Leon)		 15

RTCP Extensions for Single-Source Multicast
	- draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm-00.txt			(Chesterfield)	 15

RTCP Reporting Extensions
	- draft-friedman-avt-rtcp-report-extns-02.txt	(Friedman)	 15
	- draft-clark-avt-rtcpvoip-00.txt		(Clark)		 10

Multiplexing RTP based on SSRC				(Casner)	 10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Alan Duric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:35:43 +0100

Hi all,

Just wanted to give You some basic info about agenda item

RTP Payload Format for iLBC Speech			(Duric,
Andersen)		 20
	- draft-duric-rtp-ilbc-00.txt
	- draft-andersen-ilbc-00.txt

and issues that will be discussed around it.

iLBC (internet Low Bitrate Codec) speech is a freeware narrowband speech
coder, designed for use in packet networks (IP in particular),
characterized by high robustness vs packet loss. Codec spec draft
(draft-andersen-ilbc-00.txt) is currently part of experimental standards
track work.

Items that will be addressed on Monday are:
- general info about iLBC
- RTP Payload Format specifics (also in respect to other avt work such
as: CNG, FEC, ...)
- storage format specifics
- payload structure
- coder's structure
- results of the third party independent labs evaluation compared to
G.729 and G.723.1
- future work 
- time slot for Q&A 

Deliverables are available under the following links:
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andersen-ilbc-00.txt
- iLBC codec spec (experimental track)
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duric-rtp-ilbc-00.txt
- RTP payload profile for iLBC (avt item)
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/IPR/GLOBAL-IP-ANDERSON.txt
- IPR statement regarding iLBCs freeware nature

Best regards,
Alan

________________________________________________________________________
____________
Cuius rei demonstrationem mirabilem sane detexi hanc marginis exiguitas
non caperet.