Subject: [AVT] Re: Please give me a feedback about 4onIP framework.

From: "Lim, Young-Kwon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:47:04 +0900

Dave,

>
> 2.4  I claim that the default scheme is Philippe's, suitably
> configured.  However it is complex enough that the requirement should
> be all receivers should implement it, not must.

In my understanding the implemetations following this framework shall have
MPEG-4 SL becase this is MPEG standard. In IETF point of view this framework
is just a information/ recommendation. So, the complexity of generic payload
format is not the issue here.

>
> 2.5  We cannot proceed without the RFC 3016 mapping.

I think we need a separate document for RFC 3016 mapping.
I'll put some note on this.

> 3.1  It seems to me that there should be only one SDP attribute
> mpeg4-iod, and the terminal should indicate a willingness in RTSP to
> accept an XMT by including it in the list of accept types.  Similarly
> when it is fetched in HTTP or supplied in a data: URL, the MIME type
> will tell you the format.  Having two attribute forms is redundant
> and possibly conflicting.  Remove mpeg4-iod-xmt and indicate the XMT
> form by using the MIME types.

Do you mean one attribute and two MIME types for it?

Young.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Lim, Young-Kwon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:38:59 +0900

Dave,

>
> I think the handling of flexmux is sufficiently confusing and still
> up in the air, and in some respects broken (e.g. with respect to
> using RTCP synchronization) that I am tempted to say that this
> framework should be silent about it.  What do others think?

I was also very uncomfortable to say about FlexMux because it is still
floating.
So, I agree with you.

---

From: Dave Singer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:59:24 -0800

>Do you mean one attribute and two MIME types for it?

That's what I am suggesting.  In the case of an RTSP transaction, the 
terminal indicates which it is willing to accept.  In the case of 
data or http, the associated mime type reveals the format.
-- 
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime