Subject: [AVT] Summary draft-flaks-rtp-ac3-01.txt

From: "Flaks, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:18:51 -0800

There will be a presentation regarding an updated draft document for an RTP
payload format for the AC-3 audio coder.

Topics to be discussed include:

1)removal of fragment sequence number in the payload specific header.
2)addition of a timecode flag in the payload specific header.
3)Discussion of Jitter requirements for 5/8ths fragmentation.
4)Overview of test software development.

In general there were only minor changes to the original draft.  It was
determined at the last meeting of the IETF and through our own test software
that the fragment sequence number was redundant information.

Due to the use of timecode in AC3 streams for film, it was requested from
our product development department that a timecode "present" flag be place
in the header to give advanced information regarding time code data.

It will be worthwhile to discuss the jitter requirements for the
fragmentation process defined.  We must determine whether these are
realistic boundaries to expect.  At least in an unloaded SOHO network.

Finally we will show some results from some test software that implements
the AC3 payload format.

-Jason

Jason Flaks
Technology Strategist
Dolby Labs

--------------------
This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not
the intended recipient, delete this message. If you are not the intended
recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action based on
this message is strictly prohibited.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt