Subject: [AVT] H.26L packetization

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:39:32 +0200

Hi,
I have a question about the PUP. I understand that PUPs are used to define
parameter sets by the encoder to the decoder. How does the encoder actually
switch between sets. When and how do you send the set number. 
Another question - can the decoder ask for a specific set.
Thanks
Roni Even
Polycom

**********************************************
Roni Even

Polycom Network Systems
Tel: +972-3-9251200
Mobile: +972-55-481099
Fax: +972-3-9211571
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:13:08 +0100

Hi Roni,

At 08:39 AM 3/11/2002 +0200, Even, Roni wrote:
>[...] How does the encoder actually switch between sets.

Each slice header contains a VLC codeword ParameterSet,
which in dictates the Parameters the slice should be decoded
in.

>Another question - can the decoder ask for a specific set.

Not explicitly.  However, control protocols will continue to have
options such as a request for a change of the picture size (e.g.
when switching from regular to document camera).

The draft is not very verbose about these issues, because they
are defined in H.26L/JVT itself.  The best reference I can currently
of is the ITU-T working document VCEG-N52, which gives some
examples how to use the Parameter Set concept in the video-
conferencing world.

Best regards,
Stephan.