Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 06:18:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Use of 'RFC-generic' for MPEG-4 Elementary Streams 
                          with no SL layer
	Author(s)	: J. Van der Meer, D. Mackie, V. Swaminathan, D. Singer
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-01.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 05-Mar-02
	
The MPEG Committee (ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29 WG11) is a working group in ISO 
that recently produced the MPEG-4 standard. MPEG defines tools to 
compress content such as audio-visual information into elementary 
streams. In RFC XXXXX a generic RTP payload format is defined for 
transport of any non-multiplexed MPEG-4 elementary stream. To achieve 
the generic MPEG-4 functionality, RFC XXXXX addresses detailed issues 
related to the MPEG-4 SL layer. However, many initial applications will 
not use the SL Layer. To facilitate usage of RFC XXXXX by such 
applications, this document describes how to use RFC XXXX when no SL 
layer is used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.