Subject: [AVT] Re: [MMUSIC] RTP payload type for .mov(quicktime)

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:44:29 -0800

(cc'd to "avt", because this is really an AVT-related question)

At 08:05 AM 3/20/02, Karim Belem wrote:
>i really need help to be able to stream .mov files (quicktime hinted
>files) from our RTSP server on the quicktime player. I would like to
>know which payload type to use in the RTP header packet for .mov . I
>tried two combinations: m(marker bit)=0, pt(payload type)=31(for
>H.261),  ts(timestamp)=90000 and m=1, pt=31, ts=90000. I also tried the
>same with pt=34 (for H.263). With all those i was not able to play
>through the quicktime palyer. I only got the buffering and a resize like
>it's trying to play but nothing happens.

You should use the appropriate RTP payload formats for each codec (audio, 
video) that's used in your .mov file.  But if the file has already been 
'hinted', then all of the RTP header information should already be present 
(in the 'hint track'), and you should just use this.

If your .mov file is *not* hinted, then you could, instead, use Apple's 
Generic RTP Payload Format for QuickTime files, as described in 
<http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/icefloe/dispatch026.html>.  Note, 
though, that this is non-standard, and Apple-specific, so if you use this, 
you won't be able to view/hear the data using anything other than QuickTime 
Player.

         Ross

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Adam Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:22:48 -0800

There is an open source project, call Darwin Streaming Server, supported by
Apple. Its default setting should be able to stream any hinted .mov file to
Quicktime players easily.

The address is http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/streaming/index.html

Adam

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Ross
> Finlayson
> Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 9:44 AM
> To: Karim Belem
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [AVT] Re: [MMUSIC] RTP payload type for .mov(quicktime)
>
>