Subject: RE: [AVT] Protocol Action: RTP Payload for Comfort Noise to ProposedStandard

From: "Nurit Shenhar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 09:37:53 +0200

Hi

In section 5.1, the example is:

         m=audio 49230 RTP/AVP 101 102 
         a=rtpmap:101 G7221/16000 
         a=fmtp:121 bitrate=24000 
         a=rtpmap:102 CN/16000 

    I think the third line should be:

         a=fmtp:101 bitrate=24000 

Nurit

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 2:09 PM
Cc: RFC Editor; Internet Architecture Board; [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] Protocol Action: RTP Payload for Comfort Noise to ProposedStandard

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'RTP Payload for Comfort
Noise' <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-cn-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary

  This document specifies the payload format for a generic
  comfort noise or silence insertion descriptor frame.
  It provides the minimum interoperability specification
  for communication of parameters to maintain ambient or
  background noise. The comfort noise payload is conceived
  of as a logically distinct codec. The document also
  defines the SDP attributes for specifying this payload,
  and requests registration of the MIME audio subtype CN.
  The payload type is targeted to codecs that do not have
  built-in capability to provide this service. An important
  instance of these is ITU-T's G.711 codec. This payload is
  modelled on the comfort noise format that G.711 uses in
  non-RTP use, but with parameterization for adoption to
  diverse other codecs.
  
Working Group Summary
  
  The working group reached good consensus. There was an
  active debate during Last Call, but the resolution left
  the technical results from the working group as is.
  
Protocol Quality
  
   The specification was reviewed for the IESG by Allison
  Mankin. Steve Casner carefully analyzed the Last Call
  discussion for the IESG. Verbal indications were received
  that the specification has been implemented successfully.

Note to RFC Editor:

1. Please replace the Abstract with the following text:

  This document specifies the Real-time Transport Protocol
  payload format for a generic comfort noise or silence
  insertion descriptor frame. It provides the minimum
  interoperability specification for communication of
  parameters to maintain ambient or background noise.
  The comfort noise payload is conceived of as a logically
  distinct codec from that handling the audio stream. The
  comfort noise payload is targeted to be used with codecs
  that do not have built-in comfort noise capabilities.
  That document also defines the Session Description Protocol
  attributes for the payload, as well as registering the
  corresponding media sub-type under the MIME audio/ tree.

2. Please change the text in Section 6.1 Registration of
   MIME media type audio/CN

Old:
  Security considerations: see Section 8 "Security Considerations".

New:
  Security considerations: see Section 7 "Security Considerations".

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt