Subject: [AVT] compound RTCP packets

From: "Wong, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:22:39 -0400

Does the statement on page 18 of rfc1889, "Thus, all RTCP packets must be
sent in a compound packet of at least two individual packets..." mean
exactly what it states, that an RTCP packet must consist of at least an
SR/RR and SDES packet? Or can separate SR/RR and SDES packets be sent? Are
there any implementations out there that would send separate packets? Will
an SDES packet on its own be considered a malformed packet?

David Wong
Software Engineer
Communications Infrastructure Test Group

p| 978.661.1241 f| 978.988.0148
email | [email-masked]
205 Lowell Street | Wilmington, MA | 01887

E M P I R I X
http://www.empirix.com <http://www.empirix.com/>

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:27:40 -0400

>an SDES packet on its own be considered a malformed packet?

It means exactly what it says: RTCP packet must consist of at least an
SR/RR and SDES packet. Non-compound RTCP packets are illegal.

Colin

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt