Subject: [AVT] draft-ietf-avt-rtp-cn-06

From: "Oren Peleg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:15:22 +0200

Robert hello,

Since I've seen a Vendor that uses the Payload Type number: 13 as: 0x13 (19 in decimal), I would like to understand if this is your interpretation.

Thanks,

Oren Peleg

Work phone No. : 03 - 5394167
Home phone No. : 03 - 5335913
Cell phone No. : 055 - 669613
Email : [email-masked]

************************************************************************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential material.
They are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify [email-masked]
and permanently delete the e-mail and files.
***********************************************************************************************************

---

From: "Robert Zopf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:51:01 -0400

draft-ietf-avt-rtp-cn-06Oren,

In some previous drafts of draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-xx.txt, the CN payload
type was changed to 19 (not sure the reasons why), but it has since been
changed back to 13 - that is 13 DECIMAL.

Below I cut out the section explaining it in the latest profile draft.

Regards,

Rob.

<!--StartFragment-->6 Payload Type Definitions

   Tables 4 and 5 define this profile's static payload type values for
   the PT field of the RTP data header.  In addition, payload type

Schulzrinne/Casner                                           [Page 31]

Internet Draft                  Profile                November 20, 2001

   values in the range 96-127 MAY be defined dynamically through a
   conference control protocol, which is beyond the scope of this
   document. For example, a session directory could specify that for a
   given session, payload type 96 indicates PCMU encoding, 8,000 Hz
   sampling rate, 2 channels.  Entries in Tables 4 and 5 with payload
   type "dyn" have no static payload type assigned and are only used
   with a dynamic payload type. Payload type 13 is reserved for a
   comfort noise payload format to be specified in a separate RFC.
   Payload type 19 is also marked "reserved" because some draft versions
   of this specification assigned that number to a comfort noise payload
   format.  The payload type range 72-76 is marked "reserved" so that
   RTCP and RTP packets can be reliably distinguished (see Section
   "Summary of Protocol Constants" of the RTP protocol specification).

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Oren
Peleg
  Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 12:15 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Cc: [email-masked]; Tsahi Etziony
  Subject: [AVT] draft-ietf-avt-rtp-cn-06

  Robert hello,

  Since I've seen a Vendor that uses the Payload Type number: 13 as: 0x13
(19 in decimal), I would like to understand if this is your interpretation.

  Thanks,

  Oren Peleg

****************************************************************************
********************************
  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential material.
  They are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed.
  If you have received this email in error please notify
[email-masked]
  and permanently delete the e-mail and files.

****************************************************************************
*******************************