Subject: [AVT] Request for publication (fwd)

From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:36:15 -0700 (PDT)

The SRTP draft has completed its working group Last Call during which
comments were received and addressed in the latest draft.  Therefore,
we have now requested RFC publication.

We'd like to thank the authors and WG reviewers for producing an
important piece of work.
                                                    -- Steve & Colin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:29:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
To: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>, Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Subject: Request for publication

The AVT Working Group requests publication of the following draft
as a Proposed Standard RFC:

        Title           : The Secure Real-time Transport Protocol
        Author(s)       : M. Baugher et al.
        Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-srtp-05.txt

This document defines a new profile for RTP to provide secure
communication (integrity and encryption) of RTP payloads.  The
protocol has received significant review in the AVT working group.
Security functions always merit extra review by experts.  For this
draft, the authors are well experienced themselves, and the draft was
also reviewed by Martin Euchner.

Some issues did generate a lot of discussion, but consensus was
reached on all of them.  The only major concern was extent to which
the draft evolved over its sequence of revisions, with some functions
being added and then removed.  However, the function set is now
considered stable and complete, so it is appropriate to proceed with
standardization and implementation.

						-- Steve & Colin

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt