Subject: [AVT] Issues to discuss -- draft-ietf-avt-rtp-h264-01.txt

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:57:27 +0700

Folks,
here are the issues re the H.264/JVT packetization:

1. Status of JVT -- should be out for the final ballot by the time of the 
meeting.
2. Fragmentation -- we decided on adding application layer fragmentation of 
NALUs to support some exotic scenarios.  I plan to describe the pros and 
cons of the fragmentation, and hope for more giudance from the meeting re 
these feature.  We had discussed this briefly in Atlanta already, but it 
has turned out that I forgot some applications where fragmentation is useful.
3. MIME/SDP sections: are they ok?
4. Interaction with MPEG-4 simple packetization (since H.264 is also 
ISO/IEC 14496-10).  Miska and I are currently in Pattaya at the JVT/MPEG 
meeting, as are Jan Van-der-Meer, Dave Singer, Young-Kown Lim (and other 
knowledgeable people).  We will have some discussions about the interaction 
of the two drafts, and report probably to the mailing list, but certainly 
orally at the meeting, about the outcome of these discussions.
5. I currently believe that the problem mentioned in section 12 of the 
draft doesn't exist, but we will discuss this here in Pattaya as well and 
take action as necessary.
6. Security section seems to need more work, but this is not reflected in 
the draft yet.  We plan to present a summary of the problems and proposed 
solution if there is time left.

Stephan

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt