Subject: [AVT] New to the list

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:27:37 -0500

Hello all.

First let me start by saying... I'm a musician, with a MIDI 
keyboard, who is amazed by the fact that I've been around all 
these IETF's and hadn't wandered into one of your WG 
sessions... (pulled into other WG's and BOF's, more relative 
to my day job :-)Glad someone pointed me in your direction.

Oh well
I have lots of catching up to do. I have 2 questions, both 
very basic... 

Sometime ago(90's), when first doing recording from MIDI to 
MAC, I had to use a serial cable connected some sort of 
interface connected to a MIDI cable to the MIDI device.

With all of the developments with RTP and RTCP, being able to 
run the protocols over IPv4 and IPv6, from a MIDI device, do 
you have examples of what a network diagram would look like?
What types of cables and routers support this type of traffic?

The Q&A section on the Charter page is very informative!

Thanks,

Jai (aka Jessica)

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt