Subject: [AVT] draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-report-extns-03.txt

From: Timur Friedman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 22:58:44 +0100

Hello,

Please find attached the latest version of the RTP Extended
Reports (RTP XR) draft, draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-report-extns-03.txt, which has 
just been sent to [email-masked].

We request that this draft be advanced to working group final call at this 
stage, on the proposed standard RFC track.

Here are the changes since the previous version:

* The 02 draft specified signal and noise levels in terms of dBm0 with
  respect to overload conditions - this has been changed to dBm, while
  retaining the definitions for talkspurts vs silence periods.  The
  signal and noise level fields are now adjacent to each other.

* In Section 4, changed the text "An implementation MAY ignore
  incoming blocks with types either not relevant or unknown" to be "An
  implementation SHOULD ignore...".  Thank you Colin for spotting
  this.

* Reverted the definition of reserved fields to the way it was in the
  01 draft.  A receiver that does not know of a definition for the
  field simply ignores the field, not the entire block or report.

* Changed CODEC to codec.  This term appears in Webster's New World
  Dictionary, Third College Edition as a common noun.  Corrected some
  spelling errors.

A PDF version of this draft can be found at the following location:

http://www-rp.lip6.fr/site_rp/_publications/378-draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-report-extns-03.pdf

Regards,

Timur Friedman