Subject: [AVT] Agenda item RTP Payload Format for RGL Codec

From: "Michael A. Ramalho" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:57:51 -0500

Greetings,

Below is a summary of the issues I will be discussing
at the Thursday, 20th March at 09:00-11:30 AVT time
slot concerning the following agenda item:

RTP Payload Format for RGL Codec (Ramalho) 15 min
draft-ramalho-rgl-desc-01.txt
draft-ramalho-rgl-rtpformat-01.txt

The text versions of these drafts can be found at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ramalho-rgl-desc-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ramalho-rgl-rtpformat-01.txt

and html versions (easier to view) may be found at:

http://www.winlab.rutgers.edu/~ramalho/rgl_codec_01.html
http://www.winlab.rutgers.edu/~ramalho/rgl_rtp_01.html

1) RGL Codec draft (~5 min):

*The new RGL codec draft describes a revision to the previous
  version of the RGL codec. The reason the RGL codec was
  revised was to accommodate a simple RTP payload format for it.

* To create a Table of Contents (TOC) required for some of the
  packetization formats proposed in the RTP payload draft, the
  RGL codec was revised to create seven "reserved first RGL bytes"
  that are never produced as the first byte of a RGL frame.

* The revision was made backwardly compatible; that is, an RGL
  frame produced by the revised encoder will be successfully
  decoded by the previous version decoder.

2) The RGL RTP payload format draft (~10 min):

This draft proposes several RTP payload formats for RGL encoded
frames. When more than one RGL frame is placed in a RTP payload,
a TOC is created at the beginning of the RTP payload. This
draft proposes a few specialized TOCs and one generic one
to determine the boundaries and necessary parameters of the
RGL frame(s) contained in the RTP payload.

3) Next Steps and Q&A

Regards,

Michael Ramalho

Michael A. Ramalho, Ph.D.
Office email: [email-masked]
Personal email: [email-masked]
Office: +1.941.708.4650
Cell: +1.941.544.2844

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt