Subject: [AVT] MWPP I-Ds ...

From: John Lazzaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 19:05:12 -0800

Hi everyone,

	Sent the San Francisco versions of the MWPP normative and
guidelines documents off to internet-drafts today, you can pick
up early copies at:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/sa/pubs/txt/current-mwpp.txt
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/sa/pubs/txt/current-guide.txt

	The heavy-duty work was done on the normative document
(another 3-page change log), the guidelines document changes are a
refresh to keep it in sync with the normative document.

	The original hope was that the normative document would be a
"candidate Last Call", but alas, it was not meant to be. The original
"open issues" list is actually (mostly) addressed by the new document
-- the problem is that the "open issues" list is growing again ...

	On the bright side, the list is growing for a good reason; the
MMA (the MIDI Manufacturers Association, <http://www.midi.org/> ),
which works together with the AMEI ( <http://www.amei.or.jp/> ), has
been passing along MWPP concerns to me, via Jim Wright.

	Jim and I have worked out a set of MMA requirements for MWPP,
and I'm going to spend March doing design work to meet them. If those
changes are non-controversial for AVT folks, then we may finally be
near Last Call in early April.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Lazzaro -- Research Specialist -- CS Division -- EECS -- UC Berkeley
lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu     www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt