Subject: Re: [AVT] Meeting in Vienna

From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:34:31 -0700 (PDT)

AVT participants:

I received only 5 responses to the message I sent on Friday asking who
would plan to attend IETF in Vienna and who would like an AVT agenda
slot:

  Alan Duric - will attend and present iLBC
  Alan Clark - will attend but no new work for this meeting
  John Lazzaro - won't be attending but has a lot of progress on MIDI
		 for us to discuss
  Michael Ramalho - not sure about attending, does have RGL update but
		    could finish on the list beforehand
  Stephan Wenger - will attend and present H.264 packetization

I thank these people for responding.  But given this small response,
it may not be worthwhile to hold an AVT session in Vienna.

Shall we not meet?

                                                        -- Steve

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Timur Friedman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 08:31:32 +0200

The RTP Control Protocol Extended Reports (RTCP XR) draft recently went
through working group last call.  If any issues are raised by the IESG
between now and July, it will be important for us to discuss them.  I have
been planning to attend IETF in Vienna.

- Timur Friedman

---

From: "Alan Duric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:58:49 +0200

Steve,

As indicated before, I'm planning to attend and discuss iLBC drafts and
try to bring this work to closure, which as well is being awaited by
other std forums.
Therefore, from iLBC (related work) standpoint (including mentioned std
forums) it would be very important to have avt WG meeting in Vienna.

Best regards,
Alan

------------------------------------------------------------------
www.ilbcfreeware.org - the interenet codec for the internet world
------------------------------------------------------------------

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of Stephen Casner
> Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 6:35 PM
> To: AVT WG
> Cc: Colin Perkins
> I received only 5 responses to the message I sent on Friday 
> asking who would plan to attend IETF in Vienna and who would 
> like an AVT agenda
> slot:
> 
> I thank these people for responding.  But given this small 
> response, it may not be worthwhile to hold an AVT session in Vienna.
> 
> Shall we not meet?
> 
>                                                         -- Steve
>

---

From: Dave Singer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 09:13:35 -0700

>AVT participants:

I believe I should be able to attend and would be interested in 
moving the H.264 work ahead.

-- 
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 06:18:06 +1000

I've just submitted a set of I-Ds that could be interesting to AVT.

We've developed an audio/video markup language similar to HTML and a 
streamable container format for it. Together with the temporal URIs 
which I have previously posted, that stuff enables Web-like searching 
and surfing of time-continuous data. Check it out at http://www.annodex.net/

We'll be coming to Vienna with two people to make friends and learn our 
way around. It would be great if we could get to know some AVT people!

Cheers,

Silvia.