Subject: [AVT] AVT will meet in Vienna; new co-chair

From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 15:40:50 -0700 (PDT)

Two important announcements:

1.  AVT will meet in Vienna.  Given the smaller-than-usual number of
    topics to discuss, we plan to meet for just one session.  We don't
    know yet what day and time that session will be.  Anyone who would
    like a time slot and has not yet made a request should do so
    promptly.

2.  I will step down as co-chair of AVT after the Vienna meeting.
    Colin Perkins will continue and Magnus Westerlund has accepted our
    invitation to join now as a new co-chair.  The Transport Area
    Directors have approved adding Magnus.

I began as chair of AVT when it was formed at the Santa Fe IETF in
November, 1991 (the first regular meeting was March, 1992).  Colin
joined as co-chair in August, 1998.  The reason for my transition at
this time is that my real job is no longer related to AVT work, nor is
it academia/research.  I have not been able to put as much energy into
AVT work as it deserves, and that slows down progress.

Meanwhile, Magnus has demonstrated his commitment to AVT work by
carefully reviewing and commenting on many of the drafts, as well as
authoring some of this own.  In my opinion, Magnus has shown a good
sense of direction in AVT-related protocol design and a strong
motivation to get IETF work done and done right.  I am confident that
Colin and Magnus can provide the leadership needed for AVT to continue
its work.

See you in Wien!

                                                        -- Steve

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: John Lazzaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:42:42 -0700

> You don't sail, do you?

No, but I went to see Finding Nemo a few days ago, and my
brain is still in maritime mode :-).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Lazzaro -- Research Specialist -- CS Division -- EECS -- UC Berkeley
lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu     www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt