Subject: [AVT] Progressing ULP and UXP

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:36:41 +0100

Folks,

The working group has previously agreed that the drafts on Generic FEC 
with Uneven Level Protection (draft-ietf-avt-ulp-07.txt) and 
Erasure-Resilient Transmission of Progressive Multimedia Streams 
(draft-ietf-avt-uxp-05.txt) provide somewhat similar services, but are 
targeted at different environments or requirements. We proposed that 
the drafts should advance to the IESG together, with applicability 
statements showing the differing emphasis of the proposals.

Since that time, the ULP draft has broadened in scope to become a 
proposed replacement for the Parity FEC specification of RFC 2733. The 
UXP draft remains narrowly targeted, and has been blocked waiting for 
the completion of the ULP work.

Accordingly, due to the increased scope of the ULP draft, we now 
propose to allow these drafts to advance separately to completion, 
rather than linking their progress (neither draft is complete at this 
time).

We welcome any comments from the working group on this proposal.

Thanks,
Colin and Magnus

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt