Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-mpeg1and2-mod-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:17:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Payload Format for MPEG1/MPEG2
	Author(s)	: D. Hoffman et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-mpeg1and2-mod-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2003-8-12
	
This memo describes a packetization scheme for MPEG video and audio 
streams.  The scheme proposed can be used to transport such a video 
or audio flow over the transport protocols supported by RTP.  Two 
approaches are described. The first is designed to support maximum 
interoperability with MPEG System environments.  The second is 
designed to provide maximum compatibility with other RTP-encapsulated 
media streams and future conference control work of the IETF. 
Most of this memo is identical to RFC 2250, an Internet standards 
track RTP payload format definition. No changes have been made in the 
packet formats on the wire. The main reason for this revision is to 
allow the use of this payload format with dynamic payload types  
that can specify the timestamp clock frequency by non-RTP means for 
improved jitter compensation. We used this opportunity to improve the 
description of the payload format specification by clarifying some 
wording that have been reported to be problematic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-mpeg1and2-mod-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-mpeg1and2-mod-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-mpeg1and2-mod-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.