Subject: [AVT] Moving draft-jones-avt-audio-t38-01.txt forward

From: "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:00:30 -0500

Folks,

I would like to seek agreement from the AVT group to move the document
audio/t38 document forward.  As I have mentioned previously, the ITU would
like to incorporate this in T.38 in an amendment to be approved in January
2004.

The motivation for transporting T.38 via RTP is probably obvious to most.
In fact, I recall several saying that that is the way it should have been
done from the outset.  Most certainly, this will prove to be a good step in
leveraging SRTP for fax to address security needs.

The document is relatively short, just seeking the MIME registration.  The
technical details will be specified in the ITU-T Recommendation T.38.

Can I get agreement to make this an official working group item?  Can we try
to get this approved by the January 2004 ITU-T SG16 meeting?

Thanks,
Paul

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt