Subject: [AVT] Draft agenda for Minneapolis

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:54:07 +0000

Folks,

Attached is the draft agenda for the AVT meeting in Minneapolis. Please 
send any comments or corrections to the chairs.

Those who have agenda time scheduled are requested to prepare a summary 
of the issues they wish to discuss, and to send this to the mailing 
list ahead of the meeting. This gives those who won't be attending the 
opportunity to post their comments and concerns, and potentially even 
reach some consensus, before the meeting time is consumed. It also 
gives other participants the opportunity to consider the issue in more 
depth. Summary messages SHOULD be sent to the mailing list by Monday 
3rd November.

We also request that all presenters send us their slides ahead of time, 
preferably in PDF format. This has multiple purposes:

   - It streamlines the presentation process by having the presentations 
on
     a single laptop.

   - It avoids the delay that sometimes occurs in getting the 
presentations
     sent to us after the meeting, for inclusion in the minutes.

   - It allows us to preview the presentations to see if they are 
following
     the guidelines for what should be covered during the meeting.

Presentations SHOULD be submitted before 12 noon EST (GMT -05:00) on 
Friday 7th November. Agenda time is conditional on sending both a 
summary of open issues and a copy of your slides ahead of the meeting, 
and 5 minutes ahead doesn't count!

Those presenting new drafts: briefly describe the basic problem and 
your proposed solution, discuss known issues, limitations and problems, 
outline where you want input from the working group, and how you wish 
us to proceed.  When presenting work which has been previously 
discussed: describe only the changes from the previous draft, highlight 
unresolved problems, and propose future directions. Presenters are 
reminded of the requirements for disclosure of intellectual property 
relating to contributions, in section 10 of RFC 2026.

We strongly encourage all participants to read all relevent drafts 
before the meeting, and to comment on the open issues raised on the 
mailing list.

Thanks for your assistance to try to conduct an effective meeting.

Colin & Magnus