Subject: [AVT] Re: Retransmission draft

From: John Lazzaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 20:18:19 -0800 (PST)

> Jose Rey writes:
>
> Providing a royality-free license to open-source developers will
> unfortunately lead to a situation where Matsushita will lose any
> rights on their IPRs in most cases. Taking into account the work and
> effort (we started with the retransmission draft in AVT more than 2.5
> years ago) we spent into this draft, this is not acceptable for
> Matsushita.

And likewise, an AVT standards-track RFC that is not open for free
software implementation is not acceptable to me.  So, let the record
show that there was not a unanimous consensus on this document going
to Last Call on the standards track, unless Matsushita changes its
stance and offers a royalty-free license to open-source developers.

---------------------------------------------------
John Lazzaro    http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
     lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu     
---------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt