Subject: [AVT] RTP + Bluetooth in the news ...

From: John Lazzaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:38:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,

	Several EE Times stories today covering the Bluetooth Americas
conference, which talks about RTP over Bluetooth work underway:

http://www.eetimes.com/sys/news/OEG20031211S0019
http://www.commsdesign.com/story/OEG20031210S0010

	Given that wireless MIDI controllers are one of the target
areas of use for RTP MIDI, I thought I should check on the list -- if
the folks involved in the aforementioned work are listening in, is
there any work in sight on the IETF side to support Bluetooth uses for
RTP?  Or, like RTP over 801.11, is the hope that the RTP <-> UDP <->
Bluetooth layering abstraction will "just work", isolating AVT from
new Bluetooth-related work items?

---------------------------------------------------
John Lazzaro    http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
     lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu     
---------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt