Subject: [AVT] 2833bis default event support

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:57:03 -0500

Suppose a receiver indicates support for the telephone-events payload 
type but does not indicate which events it supports.  Do we continue to 
require support for events 0 to 13 in all implementations?

Tom Taylor

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:54:56 -0500

I don't see any reason to require (0-15 btw). Implementations can support
whatever events they like and they MUST declare support for all the events
they want to use (0-15 included). It may be worthwhile saying, that for
2833 backwards compatibility, if you receive an SDP with 2833 events and no
fmtp parameter, that you assume events 0-15 are supported.

-- Flemming

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:49:05 -0500

Sounds good to me.