Subject: [AVT] pre-submission of rtp payload for atrac-family

From: Matthew Romaine <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:34:05 +0900

Hello avt groupers (particularly Colin and Magnus),

I have attached an rtp payload format for the ATRAC family of audio 
codecs Sony has been developing.  Some of you may be familiar with the 
ATRAC-X payload we were working on last year.  With a bit of guidance 
from Mangus, we have decided to considerably simplify the payload, 
while at the same time generalize it so that previous ATRAC codecs, 
which are still widely used, could be included.

As I seek comments from listers on what needs to be fixed and 
clarified, I have a question about the naming convention.  Must we 
treat this as a completely new payload format (-00), which would mean 
committing to an earlier deadline, or can we consider this a continued 
revision of previous submissions (making this a -04)?

Please fire away with comments.

Thanks,
Matt

----------------------------------------
Matthew M.I. Romaine
IMNC Audio Codec Group
Sony Corporation
phone: 03-5448-6065
fax: 03-5448-5617
----------------------------------------

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:44:13 +0100

Hi Matthew,

>revision of previous submissions (making this a -04)?
The numbering of the version of drafts is in relation to the rest of the 
name. As you have changed it, correctly (in my opinion) as you have 
changed the scope, this draft should be submitted as 00. Please submit 
this version AS IT IS to the [email-masked] to avoid any 
future confusion about the numbering.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt