Subject: [AVT] RTP MIDI ...

From: "John Lazzaro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:36:12 -0800

Hi everyone,

 From Colin's IETF 58 minutes, on RTP MIDI:

> John Lazzaro plans to ensure he has finished his implementation
> before requesting working group last call to catch any final bugs in
> the specification. However, he expects to have finished this by the
> end of the year.

Came close, but not quite done yet -- on the bright side, running C
now exists for all recovery journal chapters (channel and system),
with most of the bitfield format features exercised (some were
just too painful to fit into sfront's code base), and no major issues
were found.  Many smaller issues were caught --"if you do not test it,
it does not work", as they say in the chip design world.

A few more weeks of continuity work is needed -- going back and
forth between reading 40K lines of C code and 160 pages of I-D, to
see if any issues remain that fell through the cracks ...

---
John Lazzaro
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu
---

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt