Subject: RE: [AVT] pre-submission of rtp payload for atrac-family

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:51:57 +0200

Hi,
A small question, I did not see any reference in the draft for the codec
itself, is it a publicly available codec
Thanks
Roni Even

*************************************
Roni Even

Polycom Israel

Tel: +972-3-9251200
Cell: +972-55-481099
email:[email-masked]
*******************************************

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Romaine [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 5:34 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Mitsuyuki Hatanaka; Jun Matsumoto
Subject: [AVT] pre-submission of rtp payload for atrac-family

Hello avt groupers (particularly Colin and Magnus),

I have attached an rtp payload format for the ATRAC family of audio 
codecs Sony has been developing.  Some of you may be familiar with the 
ATRAC-X payload we were working on last year.  With a bit of guidance 
from Mangus, we have decided to considerably simplify the payload, 
while at the same time generalize it so that previous ATRAC codecs, 
which are still widely used, could be included.

As I seek comments from listers on what needs to be fixed and 
clarified, I have a question about the naming convention.  Must we 
treat this as a completely new payload format (-00), which would mean 
committing to an earlier deadline, or can we consider this a continued 
revision of previous submissions (making this a -04)?

Please fire away with comments.

Thanks,
Matt

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Matthew Romaine <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:33:41 +0900

Hi Roni,

The codec itself is proprietary, so details are only available through 
licensing.

Thanks,
Matt