Subject: [AVT] Extending Parameters

From: John Gildred <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:26:07 -0800

I have a question regarding RFC 3555 media types. Is it allowed to 
include non-registered parameters with an existing IETF registered 
media type? For example: video/mp2t; my-profile=p1

If this is not allowed, how would I best provide this extra format info 
in the content type without creating a new type? I am not so concerned 
about SDP description, just the content type definition.

-John

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:23:52 +0000

> media type? For example: video/mp2t; my-profile=p1

Such use does not conform to the standard.

> about SDP description, just the content type definition.

If the MIME parameter is generally useful, the payload format RFC could be
revised (as is happening for H.261 and H.263).

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/