Subject: [AVT] Editorial and formatting comments on draft-hatanaka-avt-rtp-atrac-family-00.txt

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:35:21 +0100

Dear Hatanaka and Matthew,

I have found a number of editorial comments on the draft. I do CC the 
list because a number of them is occurring regularly, and I therefore by 
presenting them to all people will reduce the reoccurrence of them.

1. The text in relation to RFC 2119, should be placed early, but having 
it on the first page is to early. The recommended place would be in a 
"definitions" or "conventions used in this document" section, which is 
located prior or directly after the introduction chapter.

2. Please ensure that the document gets the correct page breaks and page 
length. This is part of the ID-Nits: http://www.ietf.org/ID-nits.html

3. Please ensure that chapter headings are clearly visible. At least 2.2 
has been wrapped into the text.

4. The usage of the normative language "MUST, MAY, SHOULD, etc." is 
lacking. It should not be overdone, however when interoperability needs 
to be ensured, like for how the number of frames field shall be 
interpreted, the use is motivated. There are also other places where 
improvements can be done.

5. The reference list is not split into normative and informative parts 
as is required since a while. Also reference 2 is not used.

6. The IPR statement is missing. Please add the appropriate statements 
from section 10.4 of RFC 2026.

7. The RTP header section. The only thing a payload format needs to care 
about in relation to the RTP header is the three fields, Timestamp, 
Marker bit, and payload type. The rest of the RTP header is used as 
defined by RFC 3550 and any profile. For example defining that that the 
X bit shall be set to 0 is not for a RTP payload format to do. There 
might be other mechanisms that use the header extension mechanism.

Best Regards

Magnus Westerlund 

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt