Subject: [AVT] Further technical comments on draft-hatanaka-avt-rtp-atrac-family-00.txt

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:00:47 +0100

Dear Hatanaka and Matthew,

This email contains the last of my comments, which are of a technical 
nature.

1. I would like to see some more information about the codecs in the 
beginning of the draft. Especially properties like, possible sampling 
frequency, multi-channel support, frame sizes, etc. which effects the 
payload design.

2. The Frame Offset fields is not sufficiently defined. I don't 
understand how you can determine the TS offset for each frame in the 
packet using only this field. Also how does it work when there are more 
than 2 frames present in the same RTP payload?

3. What is the purpose of the frameID field? I am not certain I 
understand how it works, please elaborate on how it works and what 
purpose if fulfils.

4. The security section will need more work. I think there is need to 
discuss also authentication and integrity protection. Also congestion 
control might need some special consideration, due to redundancy 
transmission and possibility to vary bit-rate.

Best Regards

Magnus Westerlund 

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt