Subject: [AVT] 3GPP Timed Text

From: "Jose Rey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:07:42 +0100

Hi all,

at the 59th IETF I will have some time to give an update on the 3GPP Timed
Text work.

Since the last IETF there has been some offline discussion.  The result of
this activity and the comments received in the last meeting is reflected in
the current draft: draft-rey-avt-3gpp-timed-text-02.txt.

The main changes are:

- modular header: similar to that in  draft-ietf-avt-rtp-h264-xx.txt, where
an the TYPE value specifies header composition. Take a look at section 4.2.

- complex modifier headers have been removed: as a consequence payload
format is simpler than in -01. As a consequence resiliency for modifier box
fragments is reduced, as only complete modifier box contents are useful. For
such fragments FEC, retransmission, repetition SHOULD be used.  It is
estimated that applying such measures is simpler than the previous headers.
Check section 4.1.

- text string fragments are always displayable as text strings.

- coordination of the payload format structure to enable transport using
MPEG simple (RFC3640).

Looking forward to your comments,

-------------------------------
Jose Rey
Mobile Multimedia Group
Panasonic European Labs GmbH
D-63225 Langen, Germany
Tel.:+49-6103-766-134
Fax :+49-6103-766-166
Email: [email-masked]
Visit: www.pel.panasonic.de
-------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt