Subject: [AVT] rtp retransmission

From: "Gamze Seckin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 02:15:56 -0800

Hi Colin,

what is the relation of the below draft to draft-ietf-avt-rtp-retransmission-10.txt  ?

thanks & br,

gamze

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 10:10 PM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-perkins-avt-rtp-reactive-fec-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RTP Retransmission Using Reactive FEC
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-perkins-avt-rtp-reactive-fec-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2004-1-15
	
This memo describes how the RTP Payload Format for Generic Forward
Error Correction can be combined with the Extended RTP Profile for
RTCP-based Feedback to provide a solution for retransmission of lost
RTP packets. Such a retransmission format is expected to be useful to
improve the reliability of real-time applications with relaxed delay
bounds, for example non-interactive streaming audio/video.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-avt-rtp-reactive-fec-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-perkins-avt-rtp-reactive-fec-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-perkins-avt-rtp-reactive-fec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:26:33 +0000

On 23 Feb 2004, at 10:15, Gamze Seckin wrote:
> what is the relation of the below draft to 
> draft-ietf-avt-rtp-retransmission-10.txt  ?

My draft was an alternative proposal, as an attempt to avoid some of 
the IPR issues associated with the retransmission proposal.

Colin

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt