Subject: [AVT] verifying bearer connectivity

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:10:00 -0800

Flemming Andreasen is planning to present draft-wing-avt-rtp-noop and
its companion, draft-andreasen-mmusic-connectivityprecondition-00.txt,
at the upcoming AVT meeting in Seoul.  Their abstracts are below.

We wanted to ensure that AVT is aware of these individual contributions.
These I-Ds provide a mechanism to verify the existance of, and quality
of, the bearer path prior to alerting the user.

draft-wing-avt-rtp-noop-00.txt abstract:

   This document defines an no-op payload format for the Real-time
   Transport Protocol (RTP), and a mechanism to request an immediate
   RTCP report.  This can be used to verify RTP connectivity and to
   keep Network Address Translator (NAT) bindings and Firewall pinholes
   open.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wing-avt-rtp-noop-00.txt

The IESG has been made aware of IPR surrounding -wing-avt-rtp-noop-,
and a pointer to http://www.ietf.org/ipr.html will be in the -01
revision of draft-wing-avt-rtp-noop.

draft-andreasen-mmusic-connectivityprecondition-00.txt abstract:

   This document defines a new connectivity precondition for the
   Session Description Protocol precondition framework described in RFC
   3312.  A connecitivity precondition can be used to delay session
   establishment or modification until media stream connectivity has
   been verified successfully.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andreasen-mmusic-connectivitypreco
ndition-00.txt

-Dan Wing

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt