Subject: [AVT] answer to my query

From: shailendra singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:13:28 -0800 (PST)

Dear sir/madam,
Actually I am working on a mutimedia video conferencing.But I am not able to synchronize audio and video when transmitting it.Kindly suggest me any algorithm for lip synchronization so that I can implement it into C Or C++ Or VC++.
                          I need ur help kindly help me.

Shailendra Singh

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online

---

From: Randell Jesup <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Feb 2004 19:12:18 -0500

shailendra singh <[email-masked]> writes:
>Actually I am working on a mutimedia video conferencing.But I am not
>able to synchronize audio and video when transmitting it.Kindly suggest
>me any algorithm for lip synchronization so that I can implement it into
>C Or C++ Or VC++.

        If you're using RTP, you'll need to use the RTCP SR messages to
correlate the RTP timestamps of the two streams.  Once you know the
correlation, you can synchronize properly (how you decide to do that is up
to you and depends on too many things to go into here).  Until you have
SR's from both, you'll need to make assumptions about the timestamp
correlation.

        If you're not using RTP, then this really isn't the right place
to ask.

-- 
Randell Jesup, Worldgate Communications, ex-Scala, ex-Amiga OS team
[email-masked]
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety." 
              -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt