Subject: [AVT] MMNS2005: Call For Papers

From: Go-Hasegawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:57:26 +0900

(Please accept our apology if you received this multiple times)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Call for Papers

8th IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Management of Multimedia
                 Networks & Services (MMNS2005)

                  Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
                      October 24-26, 2005
 
The International Conference on Management of Multimedia Networks and
Services (MMNS) will hold its eighth annual meeting on October 24
through October 26, 2005, in Barcelona, Spain. A single-track
conference, MMNS will provide participants with an intimate setting
for discussion and debate. 

MMNS has established itself as a premier conference for research and
innovation in management of emerging multimedia technology and
networking services. The objective of the conference is to bring
together researchers and scientists from industry and academia
researching and developing state-of-the-art management systems, while
creating a public venue for results dissemination and intellectual
collaboration. 

The demand for real-time services, integrated multimedia
communications and mobile application services thrives in today's
consumer and corporate market. The need to evolve management tools and
methodologies to keep pace with emerging networks is at a critical
juncture with the proliferation of mobility and wireless systems,
intelligent and broadband networks, data/voice convergence and the
integration of computing and communication in all devices. Concepts
such as autonomics, self-healing, self-organized and adaptive
computing systems are bringing both the academic and industry research
communities together to address the challenges of managing complexity
and systems problems, where management is inevitably key. 

MMNS broadly solicits research in network and service management and
new models, architectures and designs in technology and services to
enable multimedia proliferation. This year, MMNS 2005 will continue
the success of the outstanding agendas of the past, but also emphasize
and solicit novel research in management of integrated multimedia
services. 

The MMNS program committee is soliciting original papers describing
research in the area of management of multimedia networks and
services. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:  

- Multiservice over IP (voice, video and data over IP) network management
- Distributed multimedia service management
- Mobile multimedia network management
- DVB-H management
- Advanced audiovisual services management (e.g. videostreaming)
- Quality of service (QoS) management
- Internet QoS assurance
- Multi-point, multicast services management
- Deployment of multimedia services
- Network management models and architectures
- Management of sensor and actuator networks
- Billing and security for multimedia services
- Content distribution networking
- Grid networking for multimedia
- Network measurement/Monitoring for multimedia services
- Novel protocols for multimedia services

For further information, please contact the co-chairs:
 Jordi Dalmau ([email-masked]) or 
 Go Hasegawa ([email-masked])

Paper Submission:

Paper submissions must present original, unpublished research or
experiences. Late-breaking advances and work-in-progress reports from
ongoing research are also encouraged to be submitted  to MMNS
2005. Papers under review elsewhere MUST NOT be submitted to MMNS
2005. Authors are requested to identify submit either long papers or
short papers (work-in-progress reports): 

- Long papers (up to 12 single-spaced single-column pages)
- Short papers describing work-in-progress (up to 4 pages)

Submissions exceeding the above mentioned paper size will not be
reviewed and returned to the authors. Papers must be submitted online
en PDF format via the EDAS web cite  (https://submissoes.sbc.org.br).

Proceedings:

The MMNS 2005 proceedings will be published in Springer-Verlag's
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LCNS) series. For that reason we
recommend that the PDF file of each paper be generated using LaTeX and
the LCNS style available from Springer-Verlag. For more information
regarding manuscript format please visit the author's instruction
links at LCNS: http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html.

Important dates:
Submission deadline:        May 8, 2005
Notification of acceptance: June 18, 2005
Camera-ready:               August 8, 2005
MMNS2005 Conference:        October 24-26, 2005

MMNS2005 Program Committee Co-chairs:
Jordi Dalumau, Abertis Telecom, Spain
Go Hasegawa, Osaka University, Japan

Steering Committee:
Raouf Boutaba, University of Waterloo, Canada
Guy Pujolle, Paris 6 University, France

Advisory Committee Members:
Nazim Agoulmine, University of Evry, France
Kevin Almeroth, UC-Santa Barbara, USA
Ehab Al-Shaer, DePaul University, USA
David Hutchison Lancaster University, UK
Masum Hasan Cisco Systems, Inc.
Alan Marshall, Queen's University of Belfast
John Vicente, Intel Corporation
--------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Go Hasegawa    [email-masked]
               [email-masked]
               http://www.ane.cmc.osaka-u.ac.jp/~hasegawa/

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt