Subject: [AVT] AVT mailing list size restriction

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 11:35:55 +0100

WG Members,

For your information, the mailing list is operating with a size limit of 
20 kbytes. Based on most messages to the list this is not a problem and 
it stops spam messages using mailing list subscribers addresses. However 
you should be aware of this, as any oversized message will be blocked 
and need to be manually approved. Any blocked message will be together 
with the all the spam the list receives, so it may be missed and discarded.

To avoid that your message get caught, consider this:
- Do not attach files, put them on the web and send links to them instead.
- In discussions remove all parts of the old messages that is not needed 
for context.
- Don't post HTML messages, only plain text.

Thanks

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt