Subject: [AVT] CAS signalling events: draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833biscas-00.txt

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 14:52:55 -0500

I have just submitted draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833biscas-00.txt to capture the 
trunk-oriented signalling events from RFC 2833, as modified in earlier 2833bis 
work.  There are some key deviations from the events as presented in 
draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833-05.txt.  These have to do with line event signalling for 
signalling systems No. 5, R1, and R2, and the mapping of ABCD bits to event codes. 
  The new mappings are my best attempt at consistency with published documents.

The basic mapping of ABCD states to event codes was changed when I found a 
PacketCable specification using some of those events from RFC 2833.  It appeared 
that they assumed a mapping where the A bit is the high-order bit of a 4-bit 
state, where draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833-05.txt suggested that the A-bit would be the 
low-order bit.  I changed the text to be consistent with the PacketCable mapping. 
  However, the R2 line code mappings are a bit ugly as a result, with the event 
codes differing for the same line state depending on whether analog or digital 
line signalling is being used.

Could anyone who has used the ABCD events in the past look over the document to 
see if it still works for them?

-- 
Tom Taylor
Carrier VoIP Standards Development
Nortel
Phone +1 613 763 1496  (ESN 393-1496)
E-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Oren Peleg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:04:33 +0200

One remark regarding the CNG section at the
draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bisdata-00.txt document. In the draft there is a
section on CNG which is as follows:

"The beginning of the CNG event is at the beginning of an
      individual burst of the 1100 Hz tone.  The end of the event is at
      the end of that tone burst.  It is"

It looks like the last sentence is not fulfilled.

Regards,

Oren P.