Subject: RE: [AVT] Comments on draft-koren-avt-ecrtp-reorder-00.txt

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (LU/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:38:57 +0100

An other general comment on the draft:

  The draft title should rather be "Validating the IP-ID field
  value with eCRTP in case of packet reordering", as the draft
  does not address any other aspects of how to make eCRTP work
  in such scenarios. The current title can give the reader the
  impression this is the only thing to consider when using
  eCRTP over links that can reorder packets, which is for sure
  not correct. 

  The ROHC document draft-ietf-rohc-over-reordering-02.txt makes
  a detailed analysis of what to consider in case of link-level
  reordering. If the authors of draft-koren-avt-ecrtp-reorder 
  want to provide good guidelines for implementers of eCRTP in
  reordering scenarios, I would suggest looking at the ROHC
  reordering draft for inspiration.

For a study of eCRTP operation in reordering scenarios, please
refer to the following document:
http://epubl.luth.se/1402-1617/2004/286/LTU-EX-04286-SE.pdf

BR
/L-E

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt